Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Imagine the scenes palace sign sarr then we go for zaha 👀

Great...  Fits with Bruceball--I mean Gerrardball, philosophy.  Defend, get the ball to Grealish--I mean Zaha, and hope he can do something magical to score.  Otherwise, blame the fans when it doesn't work out.  

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Great...  Fits with Bruceball--I mean Gerrardball, philosophy.  Defend, get the ball to Grealish--I mean Zaha, and hope he can do something magical to score.  Otherwise, blame the fans when it doesn't work out.  

This place would be very fun if we signed zaha 😆

• Haha 1

Not sure where to post this as don't who is responsible but what the bloody hell in damanation is going on?

We can't sell El Ghazi even though he scored double figures in the Premier League the season before last, we can only find a loan for Traore in Turkey even though he had a very good season stats wise in the Premier League the season before last, I know they didn't play much last season but that shouldn't mean they're suddenly worthless to most clubs.

looks like Guilbert will be going back out on loan even though he apparently did very in France, fair enough we don't want him, but surely we should be able to get some money for him.

Davis does terrificly for Forest, yet we can't get a transfer for him off he goes out on loan.

Kortney Hause recently signed a long-term contract, presumably so we could get some money for him when he needs replacing, well he's being replaced this summer, but instead of us getting some money for him we're sending him out on loan after which the contract which he signed to protect us from losing him for a smaller feel will have lost one year.

I'm not sure what's going on with Sanson but he will probably go out on loan as well, that one can kind of understandable, but yet another player we can't sell.

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s not very Villatalk of you. We definitely had someone there and we were watching at least 4 players and we’ll sign two of them.

Discuss.

Yep it’ll be Ex Liverpool players: Coates CB & Grujic #8 … 😈😂

Trying to think of alternatives to just sacking the manager, to improve the side in the short term if we’re not getting rid anytime soon…

If we could sign a “proper captain” to come in and take charge of that midfield… that could work wonders…

a proper leader, inspirational figure who can control possession and help us dominate games… get us passing that ball well and actually looking like a decent side with some semblance of style and strategy…

McGinn needs demoting asap, what a stupid stupid decision. As long as SG is here he’ll continue to start and play him but there is no way he should be captain and he’s simply not cut out for it.

I have no idea who that player could be for us (who to sign), and I don’t believe it’s going to happen anyway but…

any suggestions?

20 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Trying to think of alternatives to just sacking the manager, to improve the side in the short term if we’re not getting rid anytime soon…

If we could sign a “proper captain” to come in and take charge of that midfield… that could work wonders…

a proper leader, inspirational figure who can control possession and help us dominate games… get us passing that ball well and actually looking like a decent side with some semblance of style and strategy…

McGinn needs demoting asap, what a stupid stupid decision. As long as SG is here he’ll continue to start and play him but there is no way he should be captain and he’s simply not cut out for it.

I have no idea who that player could be for us (who to sign), and I don’t believe it’s going to happen anyway but…

any suggestions?

James Ward Prowse 😜

3 hours ago, useless said:

Not sure where to post this as don't who is responsible but what the bloody hell in damanation is going on?

We can't sell El Ghazi even though he scored double figures in the Premier League the season before last, we can only find a loan for Traore in Turkey even though he had a very good season stats wise in the Premier League the season before last, I know they didn't play much last season but that shouldn't mean they're suddenly worthless to most clubs.

looks like Guilbert will be going back out on loan even though he apparently did very in France, fair enough we don't want him, but surely we should be able to get some money for him.

Davis does terrificly for Forest, yet we can't get a transfer for him off he goes out on loan.

Kortney Hause recently signed a long-term contract, presumably so we could get some money for him when he needs replacing, well he's being replaced this summer, but instead of us getting some money for him we're sending him out on loan after which the contract which he signed to protect us from losing him for a smaller feel will have lost one year.

I'm not sure what's going on with Sanson but he will probably go out on loan as well, that one can kind of understandable, but yet another player we can't sell.

I read a theory that a reason Villa are so keen on loaning out players could potentially be FFP. Since player values are amortized yearly, waiting longer to sell them actually makes it easier to show a profit with regards to FFP.

Example: Buy a player on 4-year contract for a fee of 20m. Let’s say his value drops to 10m the following year. His book value would be 15m after one year so selling him for 10m would result in a 5m loss.

If he’s loaned out a year his book value goes down to 10m, and if the club then sells him for 10m there’s no loss in the books. Loaning him yet another year and then sell for 10m would mean a 5m profit for FFP.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I read a theory that a reason Villa are so keen on loaning out players could potentially be FFP. Since player values are amortized yearly, waiting longer to sell them actually makes it easier to show a profit with regards to FFP.

Example: Buy a player on 4-year contract for a fee of 20m. Let’s say his value drops to 10m the following year. His book value would be 15m after one year so selling him for 10m would result in a 5m loss.

If he’s loaned out a year his book value goes down to 10m, and if the club then sells him for 10m there’s no loss in the books. Loaning him yet another year and then sell for 10m would mean a 5m profit for FFP.

In that example we'd be writing down their value £5m a year anyway so there would be the same transfer loss selling them in year 2 for £10m as keeping them, plus the cost of their wages. It could make sense if they want to absorb losses while the Grealish sale still counts towards the calculations.

5 hours ago, Zatman said:

Maybe we will enquire about the ultimate ball playing centre back Maguire

I know you are taking the piss but I would have him for 20m.

He has been signed for a ridiculous fee and asked to do things he can’t do…. 

That isn’t his fault.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1