Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 hours ago, est1874 said:

Really is bizarre that he chose to go there. Of all the options, chief among which was staying here and playing football and potentially becoming one of the best in the country. How, he just rots. Moron.

Do you understand that there is risk and uncertainty in becoming a successful professional footballer. He is 18 years old and there are many things that could happen to end his career as a footballer. He has got a transfer to a club that will make him financially secure for life. Also, he is joining a team that has a proven track record of either bringing the best young players into their first team or getting them big money transfers to big club. He must be a real moron 🤣

7 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Liverpool ITK claims they sent an enquiry for JJ

There is no doubt he will go to the v top but we will keep him for at least 3 more seasons.

Its incredible how highly liverplop fans rate him . 

Yeah so was just having a look at wages, it seems JJ is only on 7 - 8 k per week...

For me that would seem very low for a player of such importance to us, even though he's young?

Or.is my mind skewed.in an age of overpaid players?

That's still great money obviously in the real world.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Answer me this! Whats the point of having Lange and Rob Mackenzie(Guy who discovered Kante and Mahrez at Leicester) at the club if they never sign any gems, the kinda players Watford, Palace and Brighton are signing?

Why did we fail to sign Julian Álvarez
Why didnt we sign Cucurella last summer? Or sign Sergio Gomez this summer? 
Surely there is a new Saliba and Wesley Fofana out there we can pick up for the amount it would cost for 
Bednarek
Why are we not picking up the best talent/gems in world football age 19-24 who can actually fit into our first team

Alverez: because he was going to a bigger team than Villa

Cucurella: We have Digne and we don't have 62m to recruit a backup LB

Bednarek: We haven't bought him, I appreciate there is media saying we are interested but if we believe everything we read we would have a squad size of about 120 players

Not picking up the best talent: Have u heard we signed Kamara on a free?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

There is no doubt he will go to the v top but we will keep him for at least 3 more seasons.

Most fans in the top 6 have him as our best CM by far and people I know rate him higher than Bellingham

7 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I'm more confident in keeping JJ than most other players.

He just seems so down to earth and genuinely chuffed and grateful turning out for Villa.

Loved his little interview the other day where he said " It's time to take my game to another level "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

1 minute ago, Rustibrooks said:

Most fans in the top 6 have him as our best CM by far and people I know rate him higher than Bellingham

And VT want him dropped and want us to get a replacement in. If we have young players we think will make it to the top they have to play games. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah so was just having a look at wages, it seems JJ is only on 7 - 8 k per week...

For me that would seem very low for a player of such importance to us, even though he's young?

That number was probably correct until he signed his new contract earlier this year. He’s likely on 10 times that now, or at least 50.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

Answer me this! Whats the point of having Lange and Rob Mackenzie(Guy who discovered Kante and Mahrez at Leicester) at the club if they never sign any gems, the kinda players Watford, Palace and Brighton are signing?

Why did we fail to sign Julian Álvarez
Why didnt we sign Cucurella last summer? Or sign Sergio Gomez this summer? 

Because they all ended up signing for Man City and Chelsea. Brighton, Watford and Palace aren't signing them, either.

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Bissosuma, Cucurella, Richarlison, Sarr, Zaha, Eze etc

Were those players linked with City, Chelsea, Liverpool, etc when they were signed? This very thread is talking about Liverpool being interested in Ramsey. We just sold Carney to Chelsea for £20 million despite him not having accomplished a damn thing. 

This entire thread has devolved into nothing but people complaining we either aren't buying enough or selling enough. It's maddening.

• Like 2