Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

17 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Just watching the “For The Love of Paul McGrath” podcast, where Duje Caleta—Car is bring discussed.

Really want us to sign him now as looks to have something that we don’t have. Plus he already has a good understanding with Kamara.

Neil does a great job with these player focused podcasts.

Really enjoy them. He does all the work so we don't have to. Lol

• Like 3

Looks like Casemiro is off to United. He is the DM they need. Brilliant signing but 60m+ for a 30 year old and no doubt hefty wages is expensive

Edit: Thought I was on a different thread 😃

Edited by Peter Griffin
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

What a bizarre comment.

Not if he can’t defend. We need a box to box No. 8 type - this means he can run, tackle and track a runner in addition to being a good creative passer of the ball. We also need a CD following Carlos’ injury - again defensive capability is essential. I’ve been watching the Villa a very long time and seen plenty of one trick ponies and, so far, this is how he appears to me IMO. What do his defensive stats show?

1 minute ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Not if he can’t defend. We need a box to box No. 8 type - this means he can run, tackle and track a runner in addition to being a good creative passer of the ball. We also need a CD following Carlos’ injury - again defensive capability is essential. I’ve been watching the Villa a very long time and seen plenty of one trick ponies and, so far, this is how he appears to me IMO. What do his defensive stats show?

I would assume Caleta-Car can defend, as he is after all a centre-back.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Don't let the club pull the wool over your eyes.

I have it on authority that there is no money for transfers, nor the ambition for them.

Bollocks 🤣

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I would assume Caleta-Car can defend, as he is after all a centre-back.

You know the old saying about assuming anything - it makes an ASS out of U and ME. I have never seen this man play but I have seen “sales” videos showing his strengths. Stats I have seen suggests he is “not the quickest” and poor at tackling/marking. I don’t trust stats on their own so - in this thread - I have been asking if others have information. So far some posters have suggested he is poor defensively but good once he has the ball going forward. If this is a true reflection then he is not what we need.

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Right. Thought I would just tell everyone what is going to happen between now and the end of the window so we can all stop speculating and get back to work

Traore will be sold to a Turkish club for a big loss

Sanson will go to a French club for initial 1 year loan but will never play for villa again

Hause out to Watford. Permanent

Chalobah - 1 year loan

Conor Gallagher deadline day. £45m

Must caveat this by saying I know absolutely nothing . However I think that this definitely how it's going to pan out 😂 plus with the state of the economy we need more productivity out of VT - ya bunch of work shy reprobates 

Not quite but…

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Not quite but…

It is great to get some of his wages off the books but I would have hoped for a different league to Turkey. Even if he has a blistering season with them there is so little money in Turkish football I can't see this turning into a permanent transfer for the fee we would presumably want. At least it would get him game time and put him in the shop window

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

It is great to get some of his wages off the books but I would have hoped for a different league to Turkey. Even if he has a blistering season with them there is so little money in Turkish football I can't see this turning into a permanent transfer for the fee we would presumably want. At least it would get him game time and put him in the shop window

It'll surely be a loan fee and wages covered 

Stats for defenders, specifically centre backs, can be misleading because probably more than any other position they are dictated by the overall performance and style of the team.

Grant Hanley has "better" defensive stats than Virgil van Dijk becaise Norwich have infinitely more defending to do than Liverpool, but he obviously isn't a better defender. Marseille play a possession-based style and finished second in Ligue 1 last season, so the stats of their defenders are less likely to look "good" when they have fewer defensive actions necessary to make per 90 minutes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

It'll surely be a loan fee and wages covered 

I can't see them paying all his wages. When Ozil was there he was on 1.7m Euro a year. Traore would need to be on about double their highest paid player in order to cover his wages.