How has he been doing since he left?

Is it Italy he went to?

He had a nice holiday in Naples for 6 months and got a pitchside view for games

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He looked so poor in his last stint.

How has he been doing since he left?

Is it Italy he went to?

He went to Napoli but that didn't work out too well. I don't think Gerrard rates him, if he did rate him I think he would have given him more of a chance at Villa. I would be very very surprised if we saw him back

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He went to Napoli but that didn't work out too well. I don't think Gerrard rates him, if he did rate him I think he would have given him more of a chance at Villa. I would be very very surprised if we saw him back

Plus his brother pretty much burnt that bridge with us with what he said about Gerrard on the way out

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Plus his brother pretty much burnt that bridge with us with what he said about Gerrard on the way out

I had forgotten about that, I can't even remember what he said but I remember thinking it was a stupid thing to say.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, duke313 said:

You really must want Gerrard to fail, that you'd take 10th over 6th.

..... or maybe some fans are able to view benefits and progress beyond short term league position. We are an evolving project and gains have to be looked at in a much broader way than just short term league position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

..... or maybe some fans are able to view benefits and progress beyond short term league position. We are an evolving project and gains have to be looked at in a much broader way than just short term league position.

... or maybe finishing 6th get's you into Europe (the clubs main goal), which would provide additional games to develop our youth players, and also attract a higher calibre of player in order to consolidate said position.

11 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

I agree with that sentiment, I just don't believe we have seen enough of Gerrard to make the decision to go through the pain now. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Press conference clear we aren’t finished with transfers 

Really? From the few comments I’ve seen it was the usual we’re happy with what we’ve done but still keeping an eye on the market sort of vagueness that promises nothing. What else has he said?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Really? From the few comments I’ve seen it was the usual we’re happy with what we’ve done but still keeping an eye on the market sort of vagueness that promises nothing. What else has he said?

That's what I took it from it also, as well as getting clearly irritated being asked about buendia

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He’s not going to say we actively looking at X player is he though? He did say the club will keep its defensive options open. He’s already been on record saying he wants a new number 8. Transfers take time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He’s not going to say we actively looking at X player is he though? He did say the club will keep its defensive options open. He’s already been on record saying he wants a new number 8. Transfers take time. 

Ok, I just thought I must have missed something that is different to what he’s said before. 

23 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Press conference clear we aren’t finished with transfers 

I dunno he sorted inclined at one player possibly coming in. I dont think we will see many more unless a player like watkins was sold for example

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Just watching the “For The Love of Paul McGrath” podcast, where Duje Caleta—Car is bring discussed.

Really want us to sign him now as looks to have something that we don’t have. Plus he already has a good understanding with Kamara.

That's a really important point, it would make his transition into our team much quicker

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Just watching the “For The Love of Paul McGrath” podcast, where Duje Caleta—Car is bring discussed.

Really want us to sign him now as looks to have something that we don’t have. Plus he already has a good understanding with Kamara.

Don't forget Sanson 😉

11 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If he can’t defend not a hope.