Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would rather keep Feeney as back up than sign a defender who we will develop for Chelsea or City

what because you think we can catch city or Chelsea.  get real.  just worry about improving us compared to Wolves, Palace, Everton, Southampton.  That's our current yard stick.

Our youth aren't ready or good enough apart from Ramsey (who I think is getting more game time than his form suggests but that's another argument).  Also remember if you develop youth its not a given they'll stay with us.  If they're exceptional they get greedy or there head is turned by a big boy and they feck off.  only Grealish kicked that trend in the recent era.  we develop to sell that's the only viable strategy youth.

Edited by tezzaleed

4 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

what because you think we can catch city or Chelsea.  get real.  just worry about improving us compared to Wolves, Palace, Everton, Southampton.  That's our current yard stick.

Eh no but we have our own prospects we can develop so why should we be helping others and hindering our own

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What if it meant the difference between say 6th or 10th? Just hypothetically speaking. 

If Feeney started games this season and we finished 10th I would definitely take that

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

But what if we loaned a player from City and Chelsea and finished 6th?

I would rather finish 10th and develop our own players going forward than finish 6th with a quick fix

This was the idea of the project we were sold, no quick fixes which has gone out the window

• Like 3

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

But what if we loaned a player from City and Chelsea and finished 6th?

We won't... But it would depend on the player and the deal IMO, chalobah with a purchase option would be OK for me, wouldn't want Ake because I don't particularly rate him 

That said other than chalobah I'm not sure who is left from those clubs (I know you were using them as an example) if we go loan I'd want young with a lot potential and an option to buy... And I'm not sure who that is

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I would rather finish 10th and develop our own players going forward than finish 6th with a quick fix

This was the idea of the project we were sold, no quick fixes which has gone out the window

You really must want Gerrard to fail, that you'd take 10th over 6th.

• Confused 1

Signing Chalobah as a stop-gap until Carlos is fit again would have no affect on Feeney's progress, Feeney only turned seventeen a few months back, he might not even be ready for the first team football at premier league level for another two or three seasons, and even then he would still be incredibly young to be playing at that level for a central defender, he's six years younger than Chalobah now.

Feeney is someone we could be giving game time to in certain situations, like cup games, but not someone we should be putting in a position whereby if we have a few injuries we're relying on him at Premier League level for any length of time.

Having Chalobah would no more affect his progress than Carlos staying fit would have, or if we decided to keep Hause, it all amounts to the same thing, which is having four senior players ahead of him, which given he's only seventeen would be pretty normal and understandable position for him to be in.

• Like 4

Right. Thought I would just tell everyone what is going to happen between now and the end of the window so we can all stop speculating and get back to work

Traore will be sold to a Turkish club for a big loss

Sanson will go to a French club for initial 1 year loan but will never play for villa again

Hause out to Watford. Permanent

Chalobah - 1 year loan

Conor Gallagher deadline day. £45m

Must caveat this by saying I know absolutely nothing . However I think that this definitely how it's going to pan out 😂 plus with the state of the economy we need more productivity out of VT - ya bunch of work shy reprobates 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Signing Chalobah as a stop-gap until Carlos is fit again would have no affect on Feeney's progress, Feeney only turned seventeen a few months back, he might not even be ready for the first team football at premier league level for another two or three seasons, and even then he would still be incredibly young to be playing at that level for a central defender, he's six years younger than Chalobah now.

Feeney is someone we could be giving game time to in certain situations, like cup games, but not someone we should be putting in a position whereby if we have a few injuries we're relying on him at Premier League level for any length of time.

Having Chalobah would no more affect his progress than Carlos staying fit would have, or if we decided to keep Hause, it all amounts to the same thing, which is having four senior players ahead of him, which given he's only seventeen would be pretty normal and understandable position for him to be in.

Mings, Konsa, Chambers and Chalobah looks much better than Mings, Konsa, Chambers and Feeney as defensive options.

1 hour ago, tezzaleed said:

with no further signings and Gerard in charge at best this is massively optimistic.  I'd go with wildly deluded. city, pool, spurs, arse, Chelsea, utd, West ham, Brighton, Newcastle, Leicester, Palace, Wolves, Brentford are all better than us.  we'll be fighting with Southampton & Everton for 13th/14th.

Agreed

10 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

So do u think our team is not good enough for top 8?

Yes def! Under the right manager like Poch or Potter

Do you?

Edited by messi11

1 hour ago, tezzaleed said:

with no further signings and Gerard in charge at best this is massively optimistic.  I'd go with wildly deluded. city, pool, spurs, arse, Chelsea, utd, West ham, Brighton, Newcastle, Leicester, Palace, Wolves, Brentford are all better than us.  we'll be fighting with Southampton & Everton for 13th/14th.

And if Gerrard wasn't in charge would be be in the hunt for 8th? 

13 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Yes def! Under the right manager like Poch or Potter

Do you?

Absolutely, I think we can finish top 8. I would be confident of finishing 8th with Poch or Potter, I am less so with Gerrard but that doesn't mean he can't do it, I need to see more games from Gerrard to make an informed decision on whether he can do it or not. The next 2 months will tell us an awful lot. 

• Like 1