Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Eh?

If the only way we could sign him was to spend £60m, then we wouldn’t have signed him at all. We wouldn’t have had the money to spend. 
So, no, I wouldn’t have preferred us to spend £60m. I’ll take the ‘free signing’. 

Edited by Tayls

59 minutes ago, Tayls said:

All been delayed hasn’t it? Weird that. 

How do you work that out ? They said planning would be in by late Summer. Funny I thought second week in August was still summer! What’s weird is your negativity towards the club you claim to support 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Galway Lion said:

How do you work that out ? They said planning would be in by late Summer. Funny I thought second week in August was still summer! What’s weird is your negativity towards the club you claim to support 

It’s third week… 

You can’t go questioning someone’s support for the club because they aren’t hopeful for this season. Come on man. 

Edited by Tayls
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tayls said:

If the only way we could sign him was to spend £60m, then we wouldn’t have signed him at all. We wouldn’t have had the money to spend. 
So, no, I wouldn’t have preferred us to spend £60m. I’ll take the ‘free signing’. 

Sorry, you’ve lost me.

It was a hypothetical question. If say for example, Kamara wasn’t available on a free, and we bought him for £60m. Our spend this summer would be at £115m, and we would be near the top of that worthless chart.

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

This says a lot really, 5th lowest spenders right now.

Yeah i know - kamara signing on fee, other fees etc, but still.

7 teams have spent 100m or more.

image.png.b7c3538d1fbbab76ad40eb6188b7fa9e.png

Isn;t it great to see our club being clever with their spend and keeping sustainable. When u think where we were 3 years ago and now we can compete in the PL where just about everyone agrees we have a top half team and we have the 5th lowest spend. Some smart people at Villa

• Like 2

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

The argument will be our team is already good enough on paper to compete for top 8/10. Then people will say West Ham didn't buy many players last season and competed. They're both good points.

But the way Gerrard was talking like it was going to be a big summer on ins and outs. Only Kamara is a improvement to our starting 11. 

I still think we need a quality midfielder. 

So do u think our team is not good enough for top 8?

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Some of the same people saying that we/SG has a good enough squad to finish top 8 and should be doing better with them, are also complaining about signings.

Yeah, that amuses me too. The anti Gerrard cohort have to say the team is good enough and we don't need signings and its down to coaching and the anti anything cohort have to try and say NSWE have lost interest in Villa. If we have a bad season it will be 'I told u so' and if we have a good season it will be 'It was lucky Gerrard drove Beale out of the club and we accidentally got Critchley in to save us as NSWE and Gerrard messed up in the summer.

• Like 2

I don’t believe our current squad is good enough for top 8 minus Carlos now.Yes we added Kamara , but that's it. We're still seeing the same issues now arent we now we're with the same centre half's as last season that was a disaster. With our captain there in midfield now a automatic starting 11 we aren't getting better.

We got to many surplus players now that's the issue for some reason they don't fit in.

Edited by ozvilla28
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

So do u think our team is not good enough for top 8?

does anyone?  I mean being totally honest does anyone really think this team is the 8th best in the country at the moment.  sorry if you were making some other point.  but I'd be genuinely surprised if anyone actually thinks they are.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

does anyone?  I mean being totally honest does anyone really think this team is the 8th best in the country at the moment.  sorry if you were making some other point.  but I'd be genuinely surprised if anyone actually thinks they are.

I think finishing 8th will be close between 3 teams, it will come down to the last 2 or 3 game weeks. I believe that we will be in the hunt as one of those teams looking to finish 8th. I think we have as good a chance as any of the other teams fighting for 8th and that we will finish top half. Wether that is 8th, 9th or 10th will depend on lots of things and a bit of good fortune

I was expecting to spend more this summer, and I’m still hopeful we will. At the start of the summer there was a lot of noise about us really pushing on this summer, and I’m surprised we haven’t. I don’t for one minute think the owners want out though, just that it is harder than they expected to get value for money. 

Overall, I’d say a 7/10 summer so far. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I was expecting to spend more this summer, and I’m still hopeful we will. At the start of the summer there was a lot of noise about us really pushing on this summer, and I’m surprised we haven’t. I don’t for one minute think the owners want out though, just that it is harder than they expected to get value for money. 

Overall, I’d say a 7/10 summer so far. 

Is 7/10 including Carlos are taking into account his injury?

59 minutes ago, Tayls said:

If we had to spend £60m to land Kamara, we wouldn’t have Kamara. 

If we were skint and non ambitious as you've been indicating for a while, we wouldn't have him either.

You do realise it will have actually been harder to get the player, whilst he was free to go wherever he wanted right?

Do you think Carlos or Kamara would have joined if your conspiracy theories were solid?

If you're genuinely ITK into our status you should just let us know. Otherwise it's just. .. well.

We are now essentially trying to discredit an outstanding piece of business, due to it being " free " and intelligent 🤔

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Isn;t it great to see our club being clever with their spend and keeping sustainable. When u think where we were 3 years ago and now we can compete in the PL where just about everyone agrees we have a top half team and we have the 5th lowest spend. Some smart people at Villa

Are you sure this doesn't indicate that Chelsea will win the League and Nottingham Forest will be runners up?

What are Liverpool and Man City playing at? They need to up that spend if they want to compete with the leaders.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

31 minutes ago, tezzaleed said:

Depends on who the Manager is, if it remains SG, the squad is good enough for top 6.

Any other Manager, and we need quality players in to be good enough for top 8. Lol

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are you sure this doesn't indicate that Chelsea will win the League and Nottingham Forest will be runners up?

What are Liverpool and Man City playing at? They need to up that spend if they want to compete with the leaders.

I don't think Forest will finish 2nd, they need a little more experience in PL but with their spent it has to be top 4, anything else would be unacceptable. But, I think the wheels are coming off at Forest. They have had a very exciting window but they haven't signed anyone in the last 12 hours and I think it is very clear their owner has lost interest in them.