Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Gibbs-White is a far better player than Weimann, there's more things to judge players on than just goals and assists.

Also there's no way whatsoever we would even begin to entertain a bid of £35m or £45m for Ramsey, he's worth more, and we don't need the money, he's the last player the club would want to sell, a club would have to pay way over the odds for him.

Besides Gibbs-White is going for £25m with add ons, not £45m or whatever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Nakamba would be a marvellous signing for Forest and transform their midfield.

20 - 30m and he can go.

This is what Arsenal fans are basically saying about us and Holding on their forums from what I’m reading.

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Your use of exaggeration with the simple things just undermines all the other hyperbole you post. We signed Carlos for 26m on July 1st, today is Aug 18th and you manage to determine that as a 3 month gap. You should stop making things up to suit the narrative, it makes your comments look really silly. 

May 26 Carlos signed, he couldn't be registered until July 1st

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Our CB signing in the summer is out for the season and no one knows what is happening with his replacement or whether we'll even sign a replacement.

When u say no one knows, are u referring to people on VT / Twitter / your mates or are you referring to the people at Villa Park that are responsible for recruitment and the first team? I would hazard a guess that the people at Villa Park do know what is happening but if you have ITK information it would be great if you shared it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Your use of exaggeration with the simple things just undermines all the other hyperbole you post. We signed Carlos for 26m on July 1st, today is Aug 18th and you manage to determine that as a 3 month gap. You should stop making things up to suit the narrative, it makes your comments look really silly. 

Well it’s a bit in the middle.  Sky confirmed it on the 2nd June.  Obviously can’t register until 1st July because of the rules, so it’s over 2.5 months since our last major signing.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12625490/diego-carlos-aston-villa-confirm-signing-of-sevilla-defender-on-a-four-year-deal

Thursday 2 June 2022 12:03, UK

Aston Villa have confirmed the signing of Sevilla defender Diego Carlos on a four-year deal.

Edited by nick76

It's hard to deny that we've done decent business this summer... But also that it's leaving a fair bit to be desired. And it's made that much worse by the fact one of the two big headline signings has picked up a pretty grim injury after 2 appearances.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

This is what Arsenal fans are basically saying about us and Holding on their forums from what I’m reading.

Haha, Arsenal trying to get rid of Holding like us trying to get rid of Hause

• Like 1

2 hours ago, useless said:

It seems like there's a big recency bias type thing going on, if we'd have made our signings in the last few weeks there would be no complaints about our window, rather oppositely there would be a lot of excitement, and there would be less suggestions that the teams around us have had better windows, people only saying other teams have had better windows now because their signings are more recent so there's still more general hype around them, whereas the hype around our signings has died down.

A little. I think we'd have watched 1 awful performance and 1 average performance and then they'd be excitement that maybe our new signings would change things. 

But in reality we've added 2 starting players to a team that didn't have a great year last year. And after a full pre season and 2 opening games, it certainly doesn't look like We're a top half team. 

I don't think that part has anything to do with recency bias. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Well it’s a bit in the middle.  Sky confirmed it on the 2nd June.  Obviously can’t register until 1st July because of the rules, so it’s over 2.5 months since our last major signing.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12625490/diego-carlos-aston-villa-confirm-signing-of-sevilla-defender-on-a-four-year-deal

So would it have been a stronger window of we signed Kamara at seasons end, and Carlos yesterday?

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So would it have been a stronger window of we signed Kamara at seasons end, and Carlos yesterday?

You missed the discussion point.  Did I argue anything about that? Did I say anything about that? Just pointing out that his data wasn’t accurate.

• Like 1

I am sure the club is working on bringing more players in. It's just tricky as you can assume easily that we missed out on key first choices for the central midfield area for example, so that means we are probably evaluating who is the best value with the options left given they are not first or second choice for us initially.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You missed the discussion point.  Did I argue anything about that? Did I say anything about that? Just pointing out that his data wasn’t accurate.

I noted at the time, that the signings we actually made, were two impressive signings to improve what were our most pressing and crucial needs.

So we went the extra mile to complete them early and integrate them into the squad.

We lost out to Spurs for Bissouma, and I did say all the other business we end up doing would be tentative or like regular transfer windows where you might get involved in the scramble. As the most crucial areas were " covered ".

People legit make it seem like transfers are as easy as walking into the player shop and picking up what you want.

There are so many factors involved from multiple angles.

• Like 3

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I noted at the time, that the signings we actually made, were two impressive signings to improve what were our most pressing and crucial needs.

So we went the extra mile to complete them early and integrate them into the squad.

We lost out to Spurs for Bissouma, and I did say all the other business we end up doing would be tentative or like regular transfer windows where you might get involved in the scramble. As the most crucial areas were " covered ".

People legit make it seem like transfers are as easy as walking into the player shop and picking up what you want.

There are so many factors involved from multiple angles.

You are still missing the discussion point.  

The discussion point was around the timing of the Carlos signing.  

The rest of the post above is irrelevant to the discussion of timing we had and for another conversation if somebody wants to have it.

I was just commenting on when we confirmed Carlos signing, not 6 weeks ago but the 2nd of June.  Transfer window rules just meant we couldn’t register until the 1st of July.  We confirmed our last major signing 2.5 months ago.  So this was just a discussion on timing, nothing else.

• Like 1

Quite like the idea of Caleta-Car. Not as athletic as Carlos but ticks a lot of other boxes in terms of great distribution, right-footed but has often played LCB etc. Also obviously has a familiarity with Kamara and seems to be gettable for relatively cheap in PL terms.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

11 goals and 9 assists last season from 35 games aged 21.  Yes this was him playing up front for half a season but he does have real ability. Put it this way. Would we snap someones hands off if we werr given the same amount for Ramsey . Out of all the players they have bought he is the best one. 

I don’t think we would, we could get 50/60 for JJ imo