Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Forsberg is a fine player but would be a brain dead signing. We have two playmaking 10s competing for minutes, let’s buy one more? And 31 years too. Refuse to believe this.

Wouldn't really make much sense.  If we're only signing Swedish players i'd prefer we go all out for Isak.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Wouldn't really make much sense.  If we're only signing Swedish players i'd prefer we go all out for Isak.

Unless he was 20-30 million I wouldnt touch Isak at the moment. His goal record and performances plummeted last season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Sure, for Sweden.  But Leipzig usually play a 3421 with no wingers. He usually plays as a 10 for them.

The link I put on here is for Leipzig only and it says wing and AM for them

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Unless he was 20-30 million I wouldnt touch Isak at the moment. His goal record and performances plummeted last season

Might be a good time to get him, if his stock has dropped a bit after a poor season.  His goal record in 2022 wasn't great, I don't really watch much La Liga so have no idea if it was the player or if Sociedad were just crap.

He's only 22 though, so if we could get him for a reasonable price, if we got him to his best he'd turn a nice profit in a few years.  

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Might be a good time to get him, if his stock has dropped a bit after a poor season.  His goal record in 2022 wasn't great, I don't really watch much La Liga so have no idea if it was the player or if Sociedad were just crap.

Oh the irony of suggesting we buy a previously good player because he might regain form after a poor season when his stock has dropped. 

8 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Right, and now filter it by last season.  He played as a LW 5 times and an AM 33.

It’s probably age doing that, wide players are famously not of the older variety 

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

He's 22 not 32.

Yeah but we already have Watkins. If you're going to buy a striker it should be as close to a cert as we can get. Both Watkins and Ings are in the 'could come good again' bracket as it is

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Forsberg is a fine player but would be a brain dead signing. We have two playmaking 10s competing for minutes, let’s buy one more? And 31 years too. Refuse to believe this.

We have been linked to a few ACM recently.  We can't even get Buendia in the side at the moment, and he is better then any of the other players we have been linked to. It's all just paper BS. 

Edited by Made In Aston

25 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Yeah but we already have Watkins. If you're going to buy a striker it should be as close to a cert as we can get. Both Watkins and Ings are in the 'could come good again' bracket as it is

Exactly. 

29 minutes ago, Rodders said:

No such thing.

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

My mate seems to think we are after Rob Holding 

Holding is slow, we are playing with a high defensive line. Doesnt suit our style at all. Would be surprised if there is any Holding that link 😎