Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

No I'm not saying don't discuss, but to come to conclusions without any evidence seems nonsensical. 

Its the same with league position. We can talk about expectations and aspirations, but shouldn't be getting outraged about where we are until the season finishes, as a lot can change. 

That’s what most football fans do hence why there are forums like this, why before that we did it in pubs and social clubs or Monday morning at work.  I find it a bit pointless to discuss after the window has closed, it’s done, nothing is going to change, you have got what you’ve got, move onto to focusing on the football with the squad you have.

5 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

Must be, hasn’t had the “common sense bypass” yet.

Yep football is the nonsense part of my life, I don’t think I act anywhere else in my life like discussing and watching football especially Villa.  Can’t imagine every thinking, acting or talking like this in my business life.  Don’t think my career would’ve gone far. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yep football is the nonsense part of my life, I don’t think I act anywhere else in my life like discussing and watching football especially Villa.  Can’t imagine every thinking, acting or talking like this in my business life.  Don’t think my career would’ve gone far. 😂

I know exactly what you mean, I'm 65 and run a business hopefully making all the right decisions and predictions but when I'm talking Villa well that's a different story!!1

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Both you and me mate.

I often have to have a word with myself after a good day of ranting on VT or being upset about a result etc to the point where it ruins my day/week.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Respect to that........!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Both you and me mate.

I often have to have a word with myself after a good day of ranting on VT or being upset about a result etc to the point where it ruins my day/week.

I was once asked why I still cry when Villa lose “you won’t understand “ was my response as I shed more tears into my favourite blanket ,holding my teddy and munching on a farleys rusk cake.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I read somewhere players wages are generally insured against injury. Even if premiums are high it’s probably still better than signing a player on a 4 year contract at 10m a year and potentially see their career ended after a few weeks. The transfer fee would still be lost.

But what if you've spent £100 million on the player and then Ben Mee comes along. .? It would make sense to insure against salary and amortization but have no idea if they do or not.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I was once asked why I still cry when Villa lose “you won’t understand “ was my response as I shed more tears into my favourite blanket ,holding my teddy and munching on a farleys rusk cake.

too far 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I personally think the board are having cold feet over the manager and dont want him to spend more money until he shows something with the current squad

No idea but I hope so.

14 minutes ago, Adman said:

But what if you've spent £100 million on the player and then Ben Mee comes along. .? It would make sense to insure against salary and amortization but have no idea if they do or not.

Yeah they do

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Will Carlos be insured so wages and amortization are covered do you think?  If so, let's go 👍

What a good question!

He is insured like all these big money signings are if they retire.......

If that happened we get a lump of cash but I have no idea how that affects accounts for FFP as it is just a lump sum.

19 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Be good company for Diego 

Yea basically! I don't think many people think he is rubbish just that the guy gets injured all the time.

What's the fee/wages supposed to be?

• Like 1