Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I actually thought he looked excellent until his injury. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I was so hyped for Okore signing man 🤦🏿‍♂️

another with a bad injury that killed his career, think was also his 2nd game he went down 

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, John said:

The bigger club yes, but we weren't the better placed club for much of the 50s, 60s and early 70s though. The Dingles will never be happy, they harp back to the days of Billy Wright, when they won for fun and much like Newcastle (until their Saudi cash arrived) struggled to accept that those days were long past. Currently Wolves are having their best run in the league for about 40 years and are mid-table competition for us, this season unless we go again in this window. I agree with you that we need to, if we are going to be comfortably top half this season. I think the owners (on the quiet) share our opinion too and I can see us signing 2 or 3 quality players, before the window closes.  

I hope you're right mate, I really do. Trouble is many have been saying this since June and it hasn't happened (other than a backup LB on loan).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Well you could quite clearly ask the same questions to Wolves fans or Leicester fans who are complaining about their ownership despite far more success than we have had in the last 5 years. 

On your second question what are you on about? I’ve not spoken about owners’ motivation, of course there is no motivation to screw us over (intentionally) but I’m sure Lerner didn’t intend to screw us over when he lost loads of money during the 2007-09 recession and then decided to run the club on a shoestring leading to us being an embarrassment on the pitch. 

I’ve really liked what these owners have done so far but I also really quite liked Lerner up from 2006 to 2011. Owners unfortunately have to continually invest, especially when they say they have ambitious plans and when they are presiding over a team that finished in a very lowly position of 14th last season which no one was happy about (slightly different when compared to, for example, Liverpool having a quieter window after finishing 2nd last season or even Leicester who finished 8th). 

Anyway, make of my comments what you will. I’m sure you’ll find a way to spin them any way you like. 

I asked you who you think the club are and why they want to screw us? I’m not trying to win an argument or even start one. 

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Should be all over this. 2 years left on his contract. We can easily pay those wages.

but he wants to stay thats why the salary is so low :P 

I dont think he would even look at us if we bid for him, he has been wanted by PSG and Liverpool recently

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

another with a bad injury that killed his career, think was also his 2nd game he went down 

Yeh second start but third game. Rotten luck.  The knee injuries are the worst.

Have to admit I thought he played more than that before getting injured.

Back on topic I still think Holding is a decent shout. I like Anderson too but he would cost loads.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but he wants to stay thats why the salary is so low :P 

I dont think he would even look at us if we bid for him, he has been wanted by PSG and Liverpool recently

Salaries in Italy are also usually reported after taxes, so might be closer to 7m in that case.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I asked you who you think the club are and why they want to screw us? I’m not trying to win an argument or even start one. 

Fair enough. Well we all know who the club are and who they are run and owned by. Businessmen essentially run football clubs and ours is no different. Ours have more wealth than the majority of the league as many of here like to go on about. And if we are not improving the team enough to fight for positions they claim we want to get to, thereby raising the hopes of the fanbase but failing to achieve them, then it will be the fans that suffer.

2 hours ago, striker said:

Well it’s certainly good to know that we have someone on site here that can read the minds of players and officials.

Not mind reading if you do a bit of digging you will find our wage bill in relation to rest of the league and that NDicka isn't leaving Frankfurt for a club outside the UCL. But please carry on with the remarks.

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Should be all over this. 2 years left on his contract. We can easily pay those wages.

Those wages are very high. In the 3 seasons (22/23, 21/22, 20/21) we have paid out over 250m in players fees. Fag packet calculations and that is 62m a year in amortisation costs we have added to each year of our accounts. In the same period we have sold about 28m worth of players to take off amortisation which is a reduction of about 7m a year. Assuming all on 4 yr contracts. Yes, I know some will differ, but I am just looking for a ball park number. That means we have added added 55m a year to our costs before agent fees and wages and that doesn't include the players from 19/20 summer that are still costs each year. Our revenue last year was 184m and the year before 113m. We don't have the revenues to easily pay 3.5m in wages while also increasing our 55m amortisation costs

5 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Unless we are going to play with more traditional wide players, he'll be sitting beside Buendia on the bench.

He'd be an interesting option to have, I know he nearly went for 40-50 mill last summer I think? He hasn't been good for a year, I think it's down to how Tuchel sets up but he may go for half the price he was originally quoted. If he were to come he'd be another one off to the World Cup if they allow him to switch from England to Ghana.

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

He'd be an interesting option to have, I know he nearly went for 40-50 mill last summer I think? He hasn't been good for a year, I think it's down to how Tuchel sets up but he may go for half the price he was originally quoted. If he were to come he'd be another one off to the World Cup if they allow him to switch from England to Ghana.

I think the ruptured achilles tendon may be impacting his price tag. Maybe we are interested in him to test whether a player can actually return from that type of injury and to give Carlos some motivation 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

There is other more pressing issues in the squad that need addressing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

Rumours are starting to pop up again which is good, hopefully we have a few more signings in the next 2 weeks

It's been a long time since we had individual player rumour threads.  Remember when we had Philips, Bissouma and Suarez threads?  Someone start a Duje Ćaleta-Car thread.

Edited by duke313
  • Like 1