Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Konrad Laimer or Matheus Nunes.

I don't think 50m is enough though as another striker is needed i have no faith in Ings/Watkins.

Id like to have faith in coutinho, bailey, watkins and ings not just the generic strikers as you may say , as all can get just as much goals as each other and more or less at the same rate as those at the high end of the league IF they are capable of playing in sync with each other , they can all score plenty im sure of it.

Matheus nunes goal and assist record is extremely low for his position… we get on douglas luiz for his lack of goals and he plays as a DM well I believe hes now playing further forward this season but we need a midfielder that can get a minimum of 4 goals and 4 assists in that number 8 role a season. 

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I think we'll go in with a late bid for the Porto guy we've been tentatively linked to, that feels a late August 31st move to me.

a right midfielder in a team that doesnt play width

9 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Matheus nunes goal and assist record is extremely low for his position… we get on douglas luiz for his lack of goals and he plays as a DM well I believe hes now playing further forward this season but we need a midfielder that can get a minimum of 4 goals and 4 assists in that number 8 role a season. 

We need a midfielder that does what Bruno Guimaraes does for Newcastle.

Very good player.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

My views aren't particularly popular on here at the moment because I prefer to remain optimistic. Of course I like it best when we win, but I enjoy supporting Villa on match day win, lose or draw. It's still another "Villa occasion" to add to a very long list of "occasions".  I'm damned if I will allow ultra negativity to pull me down.

Having said that, people's views about my opinions have never really bothered me, They are honestly offered even when I'm wrong. So here I go again giving my positive view.

I hope we sign Conor Gallagher and I think there is a good chance it could happen.

Tuchel rebuffed earlier enquiries this transfer window by saying that Conor was staying at Chelsea and would be important to them this season.

The evidence points to the contrary. CG has been designated as a defensive midfielder by his manager. He got on the pitch for just one minute against Everton on Saturday, and Tuchel is supposedly desperate (and close) to concluding a deal to sign De Jong who is a DM.

The World Cup starts in 100 days. CG will be desperate to get into Southgate's squad which will be selected at least a month earlier.

He needs to be playing every game in order to prove his form and fitness. I know Southgate's views on Villa players, but it's still a platform that he won't have if he stays at Chelsea.

Gerrard has previously expressed his liking for CG. CG's agent will see a big money making opportunity so will push his client, and Gallagher can return to being a star player, admittedly at a lesser level.

Pay whatever it takes and make it happen Christian!

CG isnt the answer we need a solid anchorman experienced ball playing monster built to withstand pressure 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Did you forget about this chap named cameron ‘the assassin’ Archer , plays for this wonderful club called aston village 🙂

Should be Cameron Thee Archer

• Haha 1

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

He didn’t say this season….

Talking about top 4 should be banned outright until they can prove they can compete with Crystal Palace. It’s ridiculous and sets a ludicrously high bar that this bunch will never, ever meet. 

• Like 3