Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Is difference between possession and passing. Luiz was only midfielder that passed to Coutinho

Watch Coutinho best Villa games and Luiz is giving him the ball

They did seem to have a good on pitch relationship to be fair.

Look at the buildup between them and assist for Doug's goal, was brilliant.

• Like 2

In a situation like the Bournemouth one the half time sub should have been Luiz for McGinn and Buendia for Ramsey, more Coutinho to the 10 position and play a double pivot. Instead it was some mess where Buendia spent most of his time in midfield and McGinn tried to be measured and responsible (which simply isn't his game).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They did seem to have a good on pitch relationship to be fair.

Look at the buildup between them and assist for Doug's goal, was brilliant.

Was a game maybe Norwich and Tim replaced Luiz and not putting on Tim as was his debut but more senior players including our new captain should have took responsibility in passing to Coutinho and we were awful until Buendia came on

• Like 1

I think the 'stats' that have come out about Ramsey recently are misleading, his passing is fine, pretty sure his pass completion rate is close to Luiz's, it might actually be better, and that's with Ramsey trying more progressive passess. Ramsey isn't a bad passer, far from it, it's that he doesn't pass as much as other players, but as I've said elsewhere other midfielders get the pass completion stats up by playing simple passes all the time, whereas Ramsey is more likely to try and make something happen, if Ramsey just tried playing simple passes, he would be accused of being 'a nothing midfielder' or 'a crab', or 'the new Westwood' or whatever.

He does need to improve consistency though, which is understandable to a degree with him being a young player, it's one of the reasons why we need another top 'eight' to to push him and McGinn, for as it stands they don't really have any competition, I know people say they're Gerrard's favorites, but most managers would be giving McGinn and Ramsey a lot of game time, for the simple fact there's no competition for them.

25 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

Of the three Ramsey has noticeably poorer stats, apart from goals. I'd play Luiz as a distributor in a more static 8 role, and give Ramsey to freedom to get in and around the box. Because Ramsey is the future, whereas McGinn is becoming the past.

Yes in short term Kamara-Luiz-Ramsey "feels" o.k to me for mid table level. Two guys who can sit infront of back 4 and get ball up to front 3 players and Ramsey shown he can get into the box and finish off chances.

Such an idiotic decision to make McGinn completely undroppable by making him captain.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

I think the 'stats' that have come out about Ramsey recently are misleading, his passing is fine, pretty sure his pass completion rate is close to Luiz's, it might actually be better, and that's with Ramsey trying more progressive passess. Ramsey isn't a bad passer, far from it, it's that he doesn't pass as much as other players, but as I've said elsewhere other midfielders get the pass completion stats up by playing simple passes all the time, whereas Ramsey is more likely to try and make something happen, if Ramsey just tried playing simple passes, he would be accused of being 'a nothing midfielder' or 'a crab', or 'the new Westwood' or whatever.

He does need to improve consistency though, which is understandable to a degree with him being a young player, it's one of the reasons why we need another top 'eight' to to push him and McGinn, for as it stands they don't really have any competition, I know people say they're Gerrard's favorites, but most managers would be giving McGinn and Ramsey a lot of game time, for the simple fact there's no competition for them.

No his pass completion is marginally better than McGinn only significantly less progressive. However his goalscorering is exceptional. His 7 goals came from an average of just over a shot per game. McGinn's 4 goals came from 3 shots per game. His ball carrying stats  are a little less than McGinn's. 

19 minutes ago, useless said:

McGinn does have competition though from Sanson.

He's had three starts under Gerrard, at home to Man. United and Chelsea and away to Wolves. Gifted Man. United the second but o.k in those games apart from that.

However he never then goes on and gets 4-5 starts against range of teams so we can properly judge him.

It would've been ideal last season to see him at home to Norwich (considering we started Tim that day) and the two Burnley games. Carney started Burnley at home which is a waste now considering he's no longer our player while Sanson still is just about.

36 minutes ago, useless said:

I agree, Gerrard needs to protect him though, his form will be up and down. Playing him whilst out of form and hauling him off at HT isn't protecting one of the league's youngest starting Midfielders.

It'll put undue focus on him by opposition players, our own fans and/or the media.... that can easily be avoided.

...Same for Konsa being played coming back from serious injury, whilst Chambers & Mings are in better form.

...Same for McGinn and being made captain, undroppable and playing 90mins whilst out of form for nearly a year.

...Same for Coutinho and starting every game, taking the flak because our best player is on the bench as a result.

There are some easy, obvious, clear actions the manager can take that he just isn't and whilst he needs to select what he thinks is his best team, he also has a squad to keep happy and motivated.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Zatman said:

Digne was the highest paid player at Everton on 130k a week and a 25 million transfer might have got him a payrise

Where are you getting these figures? I’ve just done a quick search and most say he was on £90k at Everton with numerous players higher than him 

2 hours ago, Stratvillan said:

I don't disagree massively, but after 3/4 years at the club you identify 1 game he looked quality. I'm not saying he isn't. This is my issue with him, I think he has all of the attributes of a really good player, but we seldom see them. Is this the pace of the league?, how he is used? If he plays higher up, will we see the player some think he is?.

I picked that game as his best game for us, specifically to because it gave loads of examples of what you were asking for. He’s had plenty of good games for us, mostly when not being asked to fill in in the role Nakamba plays.

• Like 1

Anyone? Seems like he's been around forever but he's still only 21, only 6 months older than JJ. Bags of potential to be unlocked. He's only played 822 Premier League minutes, with 16 G&A in that Time. One contribution every 50 minutes.

Has had a couple of Achilles issues in his short career so far. But they aren't the career enders they used to be.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Connor Coady off to Everton a strange one?

I think it's a decision that will cost Wolves and give Everton a boost at the worst possible time for us. Coady organised their defence in much the same way that Tyrone does ours. 

Meanwhile back at Villa Park, I'm sure we are trying to bring in one, or even two of the right players, before the transfer window slams shut, but:

YARN | - Sure is quiet out there. - Yeah, too quiet. | Airplane! (1980) |  Video clips by quotes | ce665c72 | 紗

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Of the three Ramsey has noticeably poorer stats, apart from goals. I'd play Luiz as a distributor in a more static 8 role, and give Ramsey to freedom to get in and around the box. Because Ramsey is the future, whereas McGinn is becoming the past.

Those depressing passing stats for McGinn and Ramsey is a consequence of them playing with such high risk. Villa are usually impatient and take the difficult passing option over the safe one. McGinn does it all the time with his passing, Ramsey likes to try a quick 1-2 and go on a run, Buendia also plays smart but risky. This means Villa’s possession sequences are often cut short.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Anyone? Seems like he's been around forever but he's still only 21, only 6 months older than JJ. Bags of potential to be unlocked. He's only played 822 Premier League minutes, with 16 G&A in that Time. One contribution every 50 minutes.

Has had a couple of Achilles issues in his short career so far. But they aren't the career enders they used to be.

Definitely a good player there, I think Tuchel's tactics have nullified the way he plays when I have watched him play for Chelsea. He'd be a good option for us if we want to play with width. 

39 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

someone mentioned him the other day - but he is so far away from what we actually need. Couldn’t actually be further I don’t think. 

Edited by Tayls

53 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He’s probably surplus to requirements now they’ve signed the mighty Carney.

Didn’t Chelsea turn down ridiculous money for him from Bayern?

14 minutes ago, Tayls said:

someone mentioned him the other day - but he is so far away from what we actually need. Couldn’t actually be further I don’t think. 

If the issues we have are in the final third, then a player with a very similar statistical profile to Grealish sounds pretty useful, no?