Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, sne said:

Last season around this time when the signings dried up it was said by some that it was because the owners were uncertain about the manager and were holding back funds.

I didn't believe it at the time and I don't think it's happening now. But who knows.

They definitely don’t believe Smith will help us this season 😉😂

1 minute ago, sne said:

Last season around this time when the signings dried up it was said by some that it was because the owners were uncertain about the manager and were holding back funds.

I didn't believe it at the time and I don't think it's happening now. But who knows.

I don't know really. Last summer we had pretty much zero net spend, this summer it's pretty close to a 10million net spend. We spent a bit in January but it does seem to me either the FFP is closer than people think or we are dialing back on the spending.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Going to watch the Watford game to see how Emmanuel Dennis gets on.

I think he could do a job for us. Looks dangerous in the air and seems to work really hard too. Plus, has a good goal scoring record.

Talksport said West Ham pulled out of signing him because of his character and suggesting he is a bad egg

2 hours ago, picicata said:

I don't know really. Last summer we had pretty much zero net spend, this summer it's pretty close to a 10million net spend. We spent a bit in January but it does seem to me either the FFP is closer than people think or we are dialing back on the spending.

Though we didn’t plan to have net zero spend last summer, we tried everything we could to keep Grealish and add a few million to his wages.

And we’ve added a lot of wages between last summer and this summer, maybe like 10 million at a complete guess - Coutinho, Digne, Kamara, Diego Carlos - they are expensive players in terms of wages.  Plus a £5-10 million signing on fee for Kamara.

2 hours ago, paul514 said:

If the owners want to spend we certainly do have massive ability to do on FFP

Are you sure? Remember transfer fees in and out are only one part, Villa’s wage bill has by all accounts increased massively this year. From having one player over 100k (Ings), we now have at least five (Coutinho, Digne, Kamara, Carlos, Ings). It all adds up against FFP.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Though we didn’t plan to have net zero spend last summer, we tried everything we could to keep Grealish and add a few million to his wages.

And we’ve added a lot of wages between last summer and this summer, maybe like 10 million at a complete guess - Coutinho, Digne, Kamara, Diego Carlos - they are expensive players in terms of wages.  Plus a £5-10 million signing on fee for Kamara.

I appreciate that and that's why I don't think we have as much to drop on a midfielder/ striker as some may think. 

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Are you sure? Remember transfer fees in and out are only one part, Villa’s wage bill has by all accounts increased massively this year. From having one player over 100k (Ings), we now have at least five (Coutinho, Digne, Kamara, Carlos, Ings). It all adds up against FFP.

Exactly, which is why we need to ship out Guilbert, El Ghazi, Davis, Sanson and Traore before we do anything else.

14 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Connor Coady off to Everton a strange one?

Wolves went away from 3 at the back and Coady is useless in a 2 man centre back. Seems Wolves are doing him a favour so he can go to the World Cup

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, picicata said:

I think the money is there. Its more to do with the wage bill and squad size. If we can shift a few then that will free up some headroom to get others in. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Exactly, which is why we need to ship out Guilbert, El Ghazi, Davis, Sanson and Traore before we do anything else.

Isn't FFP a bit weird when it comes to transfers, it's all about profit and loss rather than just selling them to raise cash?  Like any money we get in for Davis would be profit but selling Traore would mean a loss.  I find it all confusing, there was a guy who seemed to know what he was talking about on here a while ago.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Isn't FFP a bit weird when it comes to transfers, it's all about profit and loss rather than just selling them to raise cash?  Like any money we get in for Davis would be profit but selling Traore would mean a loss.  I find it all confusing, there was a guy who seemed to know what he was talking about on here a while ago.

I find it all very confusing. I think FFP was designed that way to hide the fiddles going on behind the scenes helping the “ big established clubs” maintain their positions.