Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

18 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

But what about the countless youngsters we’ve been signing? Tim Iro, Azaz, Feeney, Barry, loads more even Chukweumeka we signed from elsewhere 

Apparently, we have signed 30 young players aged 18 or under over the past year or two, I remember reading it on the internet. I can’t remember where I saw it though 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

But what about the countless youngsters we’ve been signing? Tim Iro, Azaz, Feeney, Barry, loads more even Chukweumeka we signed from elsewhere 

Those are forgotten about as they don’t suit the narrative being peddled silly 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Those are forgotten about as they don’t suit the narrative being peddled silly 

We've literally got development players in our first team squad right now 🤣, as well as one of the strongest and most Pro active academies in the country.

It's why with certain things there is no point even bothering ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Watching Crystal Palace tonight were going to really struggle breaking teams like that down even Arsenal struggled to break the lines.

I have no faith whatsoever in our CM's against that lot.

We really need a ball carrying progressive mid.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Bought Cucurella from Barcelona/Getafe (Barcelona had a buyback)and White they signed at 19 from Southampton

Yet people dismiss this scouting thing as we are Villa we are too big to develop players as we need to win now

I  might be wrong but do you think the reason we are buying experienced players is because Gerrard took a look at the talent coming through the academy and thought he would develop them rather than develop players bought from other teams. Thats exactly what i think. Gives us the chance to bring them through alongside experienced players. 

5 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Watching Crystal Palace tonight were going to really struggle breaking teams like that down even Arsenal struggled to break the lines.

100%.

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Benteke off to USA to play. What a downward spiral he hit when he left us

Could be wrong, can't remember now...

Didn't he always look a bit shit after his achilles blew up? Think we were a bit lucky to get the money we did purely because the player we'd seen was gone forever.

10 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

We cannot sign a better ball carrier than JJ. They cost Jack Grealish money, it's the hardest thing to do especially in multi-man pressing modern football. (Pep taking away Jack's ball carrying is a crime against football)

Pass, move, pass, move is the way we need to kick on. Someone who can get on the ball and spread confidence throughout the team by knocking it around.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I  might be wrong but do you think the reason we are buying experienced players is because Gerrard took a look at the talent coming through the academy and thought he would develop them rather than develop players bought from other teams. Thats exactly what i think. Gives us the chance to bring them through alongside experienced players. 

It could be that but you can still make these signings with young players coming through. I think we are hesitant as players are quickly thrown under the bus by the fanbase unless youth players who do get a free pass unless Carney :D 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I agree. I think it is good going to Deano, he will be a friendly manager for him and will make the transition easier. Also, it is a real compliment for Aaron as it shows that Deano rated him from his time here and will give him encouragement that he can follow big brother's footsteps. Norwich should be fighting at the top end of the Championship so this will be really good game time for him

He may also help dig Deano out of a hole. He will get game time. Norwich's squad is poor.

1 minute ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

He may also help dig Deano out of a hole. He will get game time. Norwich's squad is poor.

Yeah, I would love to see Deano get them promoted. I could follow 2 teams in the PL next year. Would love Deano's Norwich to take points off Newcastle, Leicester, Hammers, Everton and a few others 😀

• Like 3

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Benteke off to USA to play. What a downward spiral he hit when he left us

Apparently he is older than he says he is according to Andy Grays son.

Left us when he was "25", may well be he was in the middle of his prime 27-28 years, a bad move to Liverpool and then been on the slide since. He is "31" now but if he's actually in say his mid-thirties he hasn't done badly even if he never reached the heights we all expected of him.

So many strikers fizzle entirely but he's been playing in the Prem for a decade and scored 86 Goals (all comps). Shouldn't have left us, but his careers been decent.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Apparently he is older than he says he is according to Andy Grays son.

Left us when he was "25", may well be he was in the middle of his prime 27-28 years, a bad move to Liverpool and then been on the slide since. He is "31" now but if he's actually in say his mid-thirties he hasn't done badly even if he never reached the heights we all expected of him.

So many strikers fizzle entirely but he's been playing in the Prem for a decade and scored 86 Goals (all comps). Shouldn't have left us, but his careers been decent.

Another Roger Milla 😀

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Could be wrong, can't remember now...

Didn't he always look a bit shit after his achilles blew up? Think we were a bit lucky to get the money we did purely because the player we'd seen was gone forever.

Yup.  We saw the best of Benteke.. He was a one man forward line for us. Physicality, speed, technique, football intelligence. He had it all. I wish him well in MLS.

BentekeGoal1_medium.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Edited by ciggiesnbeer