Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I tend to agree. Yes I would like more shiny new toys for Gerrard to play with but the toys we have are quite good. If we really want to test Gerrard's (and his team's) coaching ability we should probably just stop with what we have. We could even afford to offload a few and still be in a good position. I think we genuinely have 2 players for every position so on that basis we should be moving to a one in / one out transfer strategy

Yes and it means we'll be parking some significant buying power for January or next summer when we might be in top 6 or Top 8 and be a more attractive proposition to better players. 

So Tammy, Tomori, Mount and James, were all brought through by Lampard, who couldn't buy anyone for a season. Also Lampard have Hudson-Odoi more of a chance than the previous manager. Apart from that you probably have to go back to John Terry to name a Chelsea youngster that broke through at Chelsea.

So many good young players came through their youth system as well. They even bought Matic back for a lot of money from Benfica.  They have a terrible record of blooding young players, Lampard was an anomaly.

Good luck to Carney, I don't care if he succeeds or fails, it's no longer worth my concern. But I never wish bad for him.or anyone else.

20m for an untested 18 year old is good business. My only complaint is that I feel either Carney and /or his representatives have been a little disrespectful to Villa. He could have been a legend here. 

Sangare isn't good enough technically for the Premier league. He will get found out. I hope we don't buy him. Connor Gallagher is a young McGinn, and I think we should sell McGinn (once we have bought a quality replacement).

Big Tim looks ready to be Kamara's understudy, and a capable one too. Would focus on signing a midfielder that can control the tempo, has a good passing range, and rarely gives the ball away. 

Archer and Big Tim could save us tens of millions this season. I really think Archer has the qualities that we need in a striker, it's just whether he has those qualities at at the required level. Big Tim is a top DM in the making. Aggressive, strong, tall, a good passing range, the only question marks are desire, and footballing IQ (and that because he is unproven).

4 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

So frustrating we can't shift certain players, surely a ligue 1 team would take guilbert given his performances last year. El ghazi to an eredivisie club and nakamba would be decent for a newlu promoted prem team

I expect ElGhazi will go close to deadline day and probably on a free or nominal fee. It is clear we want rid and he will just be a burden on our financials next season so a club will come in late and pick him up for close to free. Nakamba will be 8m+ and we are not as desperate to sell, I can see a loan deal later in the window. Guilbert, I am surprised we haven't had a 5m bid, it shows the lack of cash in the French league. Traore is the big one for me. Big wage and big transfer fee. I would like a loan to Italy for him. In a slower game he may be brilliant and that could lead to a good transfer fee next summer

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yes and it means we'll be parking some significant buying power for January or next summer when we might be in top 6 or Top 8 and be a more attractive proposition to better players. 

Exactly and no doubt CP is thinking that too. He will also be thinking that Gerrard may have to be replaced and if we get a new manager in, that manager (Pochettino 😀) would want a bit of a war chest 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

So Tammy, Tomori, Mount and James, were all brought through by Lampard, who couldn't buy anyone for a season. Also Lampard have Hudson-Odoi more of a chance than the previous manager. Apart from that you probably have to go back to John Terry to name a Chelsea youngster that broke through at Chelsea.

So many good young players came through their youth system as well. They even bought Matic back for a lot of money from Benfica.  They have a terrible record of blooding young players, Lampard was an anomaly.

Good luck to Carney, I don't care if he succeeds or fails, it's no longer worth my concern. But I never wish bad for him.or anyone else.

20m for an untested 18 year old is good business. My only complaint is that I feel either Carney and /or his representatives have been a little disrespectful to Villa. He could have been a legend here. 

Sangare isn't good enough technically for the Premier league. He will get found out. I hope we don't buy him. Connor Gallagher is a young McGinn, and I think we should sell McGinn (once we have bought a quality replacement).

Big Tim looks ready to be Kamara's understudy, and a capable one too. Would focus on signing a midfielder that can control the tempo, has a good passing range, and rarely gives the ball away. 

Archer and Big Tim could save us tens of millions this season. I really think Archer has the qualities that we need in a striker, it's just whether he has those qualities at at the required level. Big Tim is a top DM in the making. Aggressive, strong, tall, a good passing range, the only question marks are desire, and footballing IQ (and that because he is unproven).

Its nice to see people thinking like that :)

I know we want a bit of a reaction and to sign another mid but we can't forget Carney was shoehorned in a bit last season to push him on and keep him happy as possible. He didn't really ever need to be included or make the most of his opportunities.

Ramsey/Sanson.           McGinn/Luiz

Kamara/Iroegbunam/Nakamba

Nakamba needs to go regardless now.

With Luiz's contract situation, we can then probably sign a player. If Luiz signs a deal then we probably need to sell Sanson before signing another.

A 6/8 Hybrid so Iroegbunam and Ramsey can both still be assured good minutes.

But i do think we'll need to see atleast one more out before we sign someone.

Maybe Otavio if we sell Traore? He could cover Buendia and CM.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Chukwuemeka news coming out of the blue, illustrates my excellent point from yesterday that just because we're not getting constant updates in the media doesn't mean we aren't close to selling players or that we're struggling to sell them, I wouldn't surprised if a few more are very close to leaving as well. Clubs going to leave it late in some cases to buy our players, to save on wages.

Seriously 0??????

There's been non stop rumours of CC leaving imo.

5 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Which Chelsea youth player will come through the door now, you don’t deal with them and not pick up one of there prospects on the cheap.

We'd have tried for Colwill or Gallagher, we won't get either if it's not done already

Chukwuemeka going to Chelsea came completely out of the blue, no one knew that they were even interested or had made a bid. I know some are desperate to put a negative spin on everything, but the club are good at keeping things quiet.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, hippo said:

Seriously 0??????

There's been non stop rumours of CC leaving imo.

But not to Chelsea, I think that is the point 

Edit: To add to that, the 'leaks' from Villa were that we wanted 20m for an 18 year old with one year left on his contract and only 300 mins first team play in his entire AVFC career. They may be tactical leaks I suspect

Edited by Peter Griffin
  • Like 1

Chelsea doing business this window, supposedly matching Brightons evaluation of £50m for Cucurella. 

Hopefully he was a one season wonder and Carney doesn’t live up to his potential and they end up wasting £70m.

Edited by Tommo_b

12 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Which Chelsea youth player will come through the door now, you don’t deal with them and not pick up one of there prospects on the cheap.

Not suggesting we sign them necessarily but where does CC move leave Billy Gilmour & Harvey Vale… 

7 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Not suggesting we sign them necessarily but where does CC move leave Billy Gilmour & Harvey Vale… 

It leaves at least two players standing between CC and a place in their team.