Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, macandally said:

They had 60 players on loan last year, you have mentioned a microcosm against their actual success rate! 

I believe it was 21 players they had out on loan last year. The ones I mentioned are a subset of the successes and yes, it absolutely stands to reason that not all young players will be a success, it is the minority that will become a success. I never suggested otherwise. As I said in another comment above, the better young players have a career path at Chelsea. Its not a personal opinion, it is a fact and I have given u 4 recent examples and there are more

16 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im pretty sure a cm is on the shopping list of any more incomings before window closes.

Uss the 20m and try get gallagher

We are already stocked in Midfield so a player leaving will need to happen before end of window if we are to sign another. Sanson on loan somewhere or Luiz to Milan?

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Only allowed 8 this year! Interested to see how they get round it. Though that rule coupled with the 5 subs probably means a heightened chance for Carney.

Remember the days Hudson Odoi was given a bumper deal, nearly signed for Bayern Munich and then suddenly was out on loan at Palace though.

Hudson Odoi stalling his career was due to serious injury

7 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Only allowed 8 this year! Interested to see how they get round it. Though that rule coupled with the 5 subs probably means a heightened chance for Carney.

Remember the days Hudson Odoi was given a bumper deal, nearly signed for Bayern Munich and then suddenly was out on loan at Palace though.

They are clearing house I believe, trying to get fees for those that won’t come through 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

We are already stocked in Midfield so a player leaving will need to happen before end of window if we are to sign another. Sanson on loan somewhere or Luiz to Milan?

I still think, given game time that Sanson can be a big player for Villa. He has showed so much promise when he had the injury free opportunities but sadly he has never had a proper run in the team

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

I still think, given game time that Sanson can be a big player for Villa. He has showed so much promise when he had the injury free opportunities but sadly he has never had a proper run in the team

I know there will be massive uproar on here if we sign no more players but I'm of the opinion we have a deep squad now and we just need to get the best out of them. Sanson included. 

11 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’d rather we got sanagare who’d be the cheaper of the two 

Yep, and the better option to, more importantly, address the deficiencies we have.

The squad is bloated as it is, we don’t need more players of the same type. Gallagher makes no sense. Why put another player in Ramsey’s way?

McGinn is nailed on as captain now and we have good quality CMs to compete for a place in the side.

• Like 2

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Sky saying Chuk to sign a 6 year contract. I assume he is getting a very good salary. That's a heck of a lot of guaranteed money for an 18 year old. 

Will probably increase with number of appearances. 50 PL and 100 PL games = 10/20% increase. Similar to contract Foden is on

6 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I believe it was 21 players they had out on loan last year. The ones I mentioned are a subset of the successes and yes, it absolutely stands to reason that not all young players will be a success, it is the minority that will become a success. I never suggested otherwise. As I said in another comment above, the better young players have a career path at Chelsea. Its not a personal opinion, it is a fact and I have given u 4 recent examples and there are more

According to their Poscast guy on talkSPORT last week, it was 60.  It’s a mute point, any player good enough should find a way through to any first team.

Only Mount and Reece James really hold a place for Chelsea, the rest have either been sold or are not part players.

CC had a higher chance of coming through at Villa, in my opinion, however, I will forget his name the moment he walks out the door. 

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Sky saying Chuk to sign a 6 year contract. I assume he is getting a very good salary. That's a heck of a lot of guaranteed money for an 18 year old. 

And the Church, God be praised! 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I know there will be massive uproar on here if we sign no more players but I'm of the opinion we have a deep squad now and we just need to get the best out of them. Sanson included. 

I tend to agree. Yes I would like more shiny new toys for Gerrard to play with but the toys we have are quite good. If we really want to test Gerrard's (and his team's) coaching ability we should probably just stop with what we have. We could even afford to offload a few and still be in a good position. I think we genuinely have 2 players for every position so on that basis we should be moving to a one in / one out transfer strategy

Simply cannot see another midfielder unless we sell another one.

SG will either play 3 centre mids or 2 6's and an 8 pushing up to a 10.

Mcginn as captain starts majority of games as well as kamara as the main 6. 

For the last position you've got nakamba, tim, luiz, sanson and ramsey. 

No room in my opinion for a new cm.

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You say that CV but we tend to play 3 cm. We have mcginn JJ sanson nakamba luiz and kamara. Two of those are DM. I think we one short

3 minutes ago, macandally said:

According to their Poscast guy on talkSPORT last week, it was 60.  It’s a mute point, any player good enough should find a way through to any first team.

Only Mount and Reece James really hold a place for Chelsea, the rest have either been sold or are not part players.

CC had a higher chance of coming through at Villa, in my opinion, however, I will forget his name the moment he walks out the door. 

The 21 Chelsea players out on loan in 2021-22 & how they’re faring...

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-reads/the-21-chelsea-players-out-on-loan-in-2021-22-how-theyre-faring-cobham-academy/

I consider getting big money moves to Roma or AC Milan as a successful move in a player's career