Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, useless said:

The highest Brighton have finished in five seasons in the Premier League is 9th, on the other four occassions they didn't finish any higher than 15th. Last season they over achieved, next season will probably go back to finishing lower midtable. They really aren't some masters of the transfer market like some seem to think, they buy a load of players some work out some don't, but the net affect is that as a team they don't actually do all that well.

This idea of filling the squad with a load 'hidden gems' for relatively cheap and becoming a succesful team is just a fantasy that some football fans have, if you want to get to where we're trying to get to it doesn't work, succesful teams sign well known players, players that are well known because they're already proven and because they're already proven more likely to do a job, which is why the top teams have their success.

I bet if they could afford it Brighton would have taken most of the signings we've made over the last few summers.

Also last season since Gerrard came in we took more points than them.

Will you stop talking sense on a football forum 😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

Saying it is bad management not having El Ghazi not in the squad 😂😂

But some people, correct me if I am wrong, like you did not want Gerrard as u have concerns. However, u are giving him a chance and if he failed then he should be sacked. Others just make up any old crap to try and justify why Gerrard should not be manager. There is nothing wrong with having concerns and voicing them, that is what a forum is for. I have concerns about Gerrard too. But there is a lot of BS anti Gerrard just because who he is

Agree with all that.  

I know loads of season tickets holders and Villa fans concerned with Gerrard but I don’t know anybody whose anti-Gerrard.  

I loved him as a player, I love quality players and I don’t care about Liverpool as we’ve barely ever been competitive league places wise with them for me to care.  

I think he’s fabulous at the media stuff, looks like he can attract quality players but my concern (as it was at the beginning) is can he get it right on the pitch.  Nothing so far has convinced me.  

I’m definitely not anti-Gerrard, I want him to succeed because it means Villa succeed, I just see so many issues currently it concerns me as everybody hears from me daily 😉

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really like Gerrard, but doesn’t stop me from being concerned about him! 

He needs to show he can adapt and start playing players on form. 

Players like Buendia, Bailey, Sanson, Chambers need to start more if their form warrants it. 

More people need this sort of balance in their opinions

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What distinguishes somebody from being anti Gerrard and those concerns with Gerrard?

A few months back we had a discussion about Gerrard and stuff I’d say you were being rational about your concerns. I have my own as well despite liking him. 

I think not just here but some fans are clouded with their dislike for the guy. It’s similar to when we had Smith and how some of the anti-Smith crew blamed him for almost everything, when it wasn’t always the case.

Ultimately we all want the Villa to do well, but have different ideas of how we should do well. As much as it gets a bit irritating with the anti Gerrard stuff, I know some fans mean well.

• Thanks 1

I think the next few months will address most of our concerns with SG. Coming in half way through a season was a free pass but he now has had a pre season and a successful window. We need to see improvement in style and approach to games. If we lose or draw a few more than I would like I can handle that if I see the team playing the right way and I he right tactics etc. it is very difficult to illicit exactly what I mean by improvement as only my eyes and emotions can answer this. If I don’t see this I will be calling for his head and a new manager, but until he has a chance to prove me wrong I will give him my full support.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What distinguishes somebody from being anti Gerrard and those concerns with Gerrard?

I think someone against him from the start and someone who wants him gone without giving him a chance could be classed as anti-gerrard. Which is why the idea that there's a large group out there is so Laughable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

When was the last time we even had a sniff of rumour? It's all a bit too quiet. Can only assume we're struggling to shift players.

I think the main reason is that the club was extremely organised and proactive and got the majority of our business done really early so as to allow players to bed in to AVFC and Brum and get a good pre season. I think other purchases this window will be opportunistic ‘bargains’ towards the end of the window 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think the main reason is that the club was extremely organised and proactive and got the majority of our business done really early so as to allow players to bed in to AVFC and Brum and get a good pre season. I think other purchases this window will be opportunistic ‘bargains’ towards the end of the window 

This. Fix the major issues, then see if we can squeak out any good moves in due course. 

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just seen on the Sky Transfer show that " Aston Villa are still in the market, after bringing in the likes of Boubacar Kamara and Diego Carlos "

@PieFacE That was about 15 mins ago so close I guess?

If a signing was close then the clown crew at Sky would be the last to know. I think even Gerrard himself said we’re still looking to strengthen midfield, we haven’t signed anyone n midfield since then so they can recycle something that’s publicly known to fill another 10 seconds of airtime with their inane BS.

• Like 1