Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, messi11 said:

He's not the midiflder we need now we've got Kamara. Need a number 8 who can pass the ball and control a game. 

To be fair, Gerrard did make the point a few times that he also sees Kamara playing at 8.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Are we really signing Sangare?

spacer.png

If we were going to sign him I think we would have already.

I will pull this out my arse though, if we are hopeful Luiz will sign a new deal I predict we won’t sign a midfielder until he does and if he hasn’t signed by next Saturday he starts in place of Ramsey.

If this Carlos Santana fella is actually good and not just another flavour of the month name, and if we actually sign him, then that means:

Nakamba is finished, RIP Marv ❤️ Also we might as well forget about Carney now.

Sanson should probably look for a move but for the time being we have Sangare, Kamara, Iroegbunam and Luiz who can play 6 and McGinn, Ramsey, Kamara, Luiz, Sangare, Sanson who can play 8.

We’re building 2 pretty good XIs, I don’t know how to feel about it all.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

My sister..she has no contacts with aston villa..but has contacts in EU legal side of things

Thanks for sharing. Regardless of whether it comes to fruition or not it is a risk to stick your neck out around these parts. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

If this Carlos Santana fella is actually good and not just another flavour of the month name, and if we actually sign him, then that means:

Nakamba is finished, RIP Marv ❤️ Also we might as well forget about Carney now.

Sanson should probably look for a move but for the time being we have Sangare, Kamara, Iroegbunam and Luiz who can play 6 and McGinn, Ramsey, Kamara, Luiz, Sangare, Sanson who can play 8.

We’re building 2 pretty good XIs, I don’t know how to feel about it all.

I’d be willing to sacrifice Nakamba, Chuk (happily) and even Sanson to get such a profile of player. I’d like to keep Luiz though.

It’s what we’ve been desperately lacking for so long. Sangare will really help solidify and strengthen our midfield and be a massive help to Kamara. And we needn’t worry if one of them gets injured.

Shit, I’m allowing myself to get excited now 🤣

The balance of our side should be really good if we manage to get that done, just the CFs to worry about really…

This would hopefully allow Emi and Phil to play together…

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It'll be quite the gamble to pay £30m for an Eredivisie player.

Who knows the fee, maybe we can get him for less than the release clause? But, I don’t care, if he turns out to be as good as many people assume, it’ll be worth it.

It’s about time we addressed the issue of just how weak and lightweight we have been in midfield. It’s a problem that’s needed addressing for yonks. That and keeping hold of the ball better, and giving the defence some extra protection. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

No point. He’ll never play because McGinn is undroppable and plays 3 positions at once.

Is this guy all that anyway?

He has the attributes we need/lack. How well he will adapt, is not easy to call. But the guy has been highly rated for a while and linked with “big moves”. He has the ability…

I mean, we could even ease him into the side now that we have Kamara but I’m sure he would be great alongside him and really make us solid and hard to break down.

Yes, McGinn will play but we can rotate JJ in.

There is room for Sangare and Kamara together. 

That is a fine/strong midfield 3 and we’d see a much better McGinn if he’s freed from his defensive responsibilities and allowed to join in with the attack. We’ve missed his pressing and tackling from the front, really unsettles the opposition.

I’d prefer JJ there but…

Luiz is a great option too, and may get to excel in a more advanced position.

We can bring Tim through slowly to add to our DM ranks too.

Sell Nakamba, Chuk & Sanson.

We’ve always claimed to have wanted competition for places… well, here we go.

Edited by Jas10
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, paul514 said:

Until we get 60 points plus year after year I won't be happy as that is us mixing it with the top clubs again.

I personally think we should focus on getting in the top half first as we haven't achieved that in more than a decade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villaphan04 said:

I personally think we should focus on getting in the top half first as we haven't achieved that in more than a decade.

Very true. The club might want Europe this year but it isn’t happening. I think we’re still a couple of years away.

A top ten finish this year would be good progress in my book. 

• Like 3

Whilst the info is believable, it’s so very dependent on the conditions of player sales and contract situations. We haven’t sold any midfielders and looks like we’re keeping Luiz (which is good). I just don’t see us bringing in another midfielder as much as I’d like us to.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Whilst the info is believable, it’s so very dependent on the conditions of player sales and contract situations. We haven’t sold any midfielders and looks like we’re keeping Luiz (which is good). I just don’t see us bringing in another midfielder as much as I’d like us to.

But it’s INFO! We need this. Regardless of the outcome. It’s been a long dry summer. 

• Like 2