Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

The thing we do know is that she is prepared to arrange her career around his - she passed up on the Euros this summer so that she could go on holiday with him - if she's staying here for the year, then you can be pretty sure it's because he is.

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

It is, most contracts in woman's football  are of 1 yr.

yes but if Luiz was off she could have found a club in Italy/Spain without signing a contract with us

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The thing we do know is that she is prepared to arrange her career around his - she passed up on the Euros this summer so that she could go on holiday with him 

She said it was to do with mental health. I think it’s a bit unfair to dismiss that and say that she didn’t go because of a holiday with Doug. Her ex played for Switerland as well, it may have been a bad breakup and she didn’t want to be around her all summer 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

She said it was to do with mental health. I think it’s a bit unfair to dismiss that and say that she didn’t go because of a holiday with Doug. Her ex played for Switerland as well, it may have been a bad breakup and she didn’t want to be around her all summer 

Hmmm. I'm not sure I buy that. They had a fantastic summer of parties.

• Like 1

i might be reading in to his words, but Gerrard said today in his interview:

"the majority of our business is in place" (referring to Kamara, Carlos, Coutinho, Olsen etc).

So hopefully that means we do have at least one more quality signing in the pipeline, or expect to make other moves in the market.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

"the majority of our business is in place" (referring to Kamara, Carlos, Coutinho, Olsen etc).

So hopefully that means we do have at least one more quality signing in the pipeline, or expect to make other moves in the market.

Majority, not all. Agree with you completely.

• Like 1

Women footballers more often than not sign short term contracts, one or two years is the norm, so I wouldn't read too much into Luiz's situation based on the length of Alisha new deal.

It might even be that that was all we offered her, she's a good player for where we are at the moment, but someone we will probably want to improve on, we've already got young players that will become better than her as footballers and we've signed other attackers this summer as well, if she was to leave tomorrow she wouldn't be going to one of the top clubs.

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ash will play every game in every position at least once. So minimum 11 games. 

Gerrard has his favourites remember !

But on a serious note and back on topic. I reckon one more incoming midfielder. 

Outgoing expect Guilbert, Traore, AEG and maybe Sanson depending on if we get a new midfield in or not.

If we’d used all 5 subs and  Ash was on the pitch when we got an injury or a sending off for the goal keeper,  I’d be very suspicious that you knew something none of the rest of us knew. Under those circumstances I’d be tempted to slap a few quid on at the bookies that he was about to go in goal! Which Far Eastern betting syndicate do you work for?

• Haha 1

Hypothetically here but if we’re in agreement that the 7 players that are being shipped out/possibly upgraded on are….

ST Davis, LW/CAM El Ghazi, CM Chuk, RB Guilbert, RW/CAM Traore, CM Sanson CDM Nakamba

Who we replacing them with?

Guilbert’s replacement is KKH so that’s a given really but the others, who you got? Mine would be (priorities in bold)…..

ST Patrick Schick, LW/RW/CAM Rayan Cherki, CM Konrad Laimer, CM/CDM Kephrem Thuram

I would ideally like a pacey option wide left, similar to Bailey (Marcus Thuram)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, burchy said:

Hypothetically here but if we’re in agreement that the 7 players that are being shipped out/possibly upgraded on are….

ST Davis, LW/CAM El Ghazi, CM Chuk, RB Guilbert, RW/CAM Traore, CM Sanson CDM Nakamba

Who we replacing them with?

Guilbert’s replacement is KKH so that’s a given really but the others, who you got? Mine would be (priorities in bold)…..

ST Patrick Schick, LW/RW/CAM Rayan Cherki, CM Konrad Laimer, CM/CDM Kephrem Thuram

I would ideally like a pacey option wide left, similar to Bailey (Marcus Thuram)

Sangare and Kaen on loan with promotion of kids would make me happy

Luiz signing a new contract would make me feel as positive as any realistic new signing would.

Obviously I'd be delighted if we managed to make some unrealistic signing too.

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think one more midfielder to provide competition to Kamara and Doug and to be ready to replace Doug next summer.

The competition for kamara is iroegbunam and nakamba, we need competition for mcginn and ramsey , they cannot start regularly for us to move forward.

Edited by RicRic

41 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Hmmm, I’m reading that as saying no major signings planned… just a few outgoings and maybe someone coming in IF a good opportunity presents itself.

I have a really strong feeling we will sign Konrad Laimer (RB Leipzig) for around £30 Million figure mark… id welcome him into the side i have seen stuff on YT and he can certainly improve us , hes about the 4th player down on my list for a new CM 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, RicRic said:

I have a really strong feeling we will sign Konrad Laimer (RB Leipzig) for around £30 Million figure mark… id welcome him into the side i have seen stuff on YT and he can certainly improve us , hes about the 4th player down on my list for a new CM 

He has agreed to join Bayern they just haven't agreed a fee

26 minutes ago, sne said:

Luiz signing a new contract would make me feel as positive as any realistic new signing would.

Obviously I'd be delighted if we managed to make some unrealistic signing too.

🤞

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

🤞

How quickly things can change in football. Only a few hours ago I read on here that he isn't signing a contract and he is leaving Villa next summer. Hopefully Percy is more ITK than VT posters

• Haha 1