Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

23 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

THIS is completely absurd to me.

I know right? I come here to have the same player and manager conversations in circles with no one changing their mind in the slightest and arguing about semantics.

just kidding, I mostly shitpost now.

If were get shot of Sanson and Chuk then I think we need a decent CM to come in to push McGinn, Luiz and Ramsey (to a lesser extent) as we’d be down on numbers.

If we’re giving Sanson a go then we could go for a young CM cover (Gonzalez, Kone, Kokcu)

Regardless of the above (and if we are loaning out Tim) I think cover at CDM/CM is needed (Thuram). 

Of course we could just go for a CM/CDM hybrid player and bring in someone like Sangare.

I’d like two CMs but I think we’ll only go for one

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I know right? I come here to have the same player and manager conversations in circles with no one changing their mind in the slightest and arguing about semantics.

just kidding, I mostly shitpost now.

Good choice.

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Girlfriends stopping players leaving is not something that happens very often, I can't see this as an issue. Furthermore, why would it prevent him leaving this summer and not prevent him leaving next summer when u expect him to leave? Yes, a player can make more money on a free but if the right club come in and we accept a low fee then he would likely get a good sign on fee and he is going to be on high wages with the leverage that in 12 months time he can go elsewhere for more. There is also a huge element of risk running down a contract, a bad injury and it could backfire hugely.

because she signed a one year contract as well which isnt a coincidence

we had a window to sell Luiz and its gone now

6 minutes ago, burchy said:

If were get shot of Sanson and Chuk then I think we need a decent CM to come in to push McGinn, Luiz and Ramsey (to a lesser extent) as we’d be down on numbers.

If we’re giving Sanson a go then we could go for a young CM cover (Gonzalez, Kone, Kokcu)

Regardless of the above (and if we are loaning out Tim) I think cover at CDM/CM is needed (Thuram). 

Of course we could just go for a CM/CDM hybrid player and bring in someone like Sangare.

I’d like two CMs but I think we’ll only go for one

Agree with that. My choice is Sangare

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because she signed a one year contract as well which isnt a coincidence

we had a window to sell Luiz and its gone now

I think you are giving way too much influence to a professional football's choice of where to live and work on his girlfriend. Particularly so for a young Brazil international who has moved from Brazil to England to Spain and back to England during his career to date

Edited by Peter Griffin
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I think you are giving way too much influence to a professional football's choice of where to live and work on his girlfriend. Particularly so for a young Brazil international who has moved from Brazil to England to Spain and back to England during his career to date

spacer.png

1 minute ago, romavillan said:

You say that like it's potentially something that might put Doug off? 

That was not the intention, I think it would be maybe a factor to keep him here. Before Doug, her partner was one of the Chelsea WSL team players. I am sure Doug is very understanding and if Alisha ever wants to have her friends around for a glass of vino or a pillow fight they will be more than welcome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

She is also open about the fact that she likes women too...

Screenshot 2022-07-29 at 12.35.01.jpg

I bet Doug would be like this is if she said her friend wanted to stay the night

spacer.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, villan501 said:

People keep going on about signing another midfielder, why don't we try sanson out for a longer period than one game he has all the attributes for possesion based football.The guy was well sort after when he joined us and had very good stats. I agree sign players to strengthen but dismissing a player without a fair crack is beyond insane.

Talk about must be a problem when training, disruptive etc I want to see what happens on the pitch match days, I couldn't care less who trains better than others the training pitch dosnt give you 3 points it's match day that does mcginn applauded for how hard he trains yet he can't pass or retain the ball a prime example of how false the reports from training ground can be.At this precise moment I think we can get by until January keep our  powder dry and see where we are then, the squad we have is a very decent one Gerrard now needs to get a tune put of it the excuses will not wash with me this season.

Surely putting your faith in a player who has played well consistently in most matches in a top league over the two seasons is less of a risk than sticking with someone who for multiple reasons hasn't?  Sanson has been unlucky but I think he was bought to take us from a relegation battling team to a mid-table team.  If we genuinely want to be in the top half and / or challenging European places then we need to be targeting players who can take us there.  I haven't seen enough from Sanson to suggest that he is better than Luiz.  And to be challenging the top 8 or 9 we need a player who is a good upgrade on Luiz.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

they probably have better transfer rumours as well

This transfer thread has been dead on its knees for a month.  I love we’ve done good business at the start but we need to do more, hopefully something will transpire soon just to get this thread back to normal