Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Martinez did

Nah Martinez was really going to be second fiddle at Arsenal hence why Arteta let him go plus Arsenal aren’t the same level as Chelsea and definitely weren’t then.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nah Martinez was really going to be second fiddle at Arsenal hence why Arteta let him go plus Arsenal aren’t the same level as Chelsea and definitely weren’t then.

Arsenal didn’t have Ramsdale when we signed Martinez from them. Leno is still a good keeper and he is number 2 for them now. Arsenal and Chelsea are massive clubs for me, 2 of the biggest in the country 

6 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Might have worked better if he hadn't called him Timo Werner in the original.  The joke doesn't work as he phrased it terribly.

It doesn't work because it's shit and he's a radish 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Arsenal didn’t have Ramsdale when we signed Martinez from them. Leno is still a good keeper and he is number 2 for them now. Arsenal and Chelsea are massive clubs for me, 2 of the biggest in the country 

Arteta let Martinez go because he chose Leno to be his number one so Martinez took his chance to move to us.  Something I guess Arteta regretted the following season and thus why they signed Ramsdale.

Of course they two massive clubs but Chelsea are bigger than Arsenal football wise although Chelsea have lost some key players.  Arsenal had a good season last season but have struggled since Wenger left but are fighting to try to get back to CL football.  Chelsea have been CL for a long time and it was being touted after signing Lukaku they would be in the title race but obviously that didn’t work out but they were still the 3rd best team in the league.  There is still a gulf between Chelsea and Arsenal.  Chelsea want to fight the top 2, Arsenal want to get into the CL places.  Different expectations!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Lmfao. We've as much chance of signing Ronaldo.

If you look at the pic he posted its a ladder which has the name printed ‘Werner’ on it … he just turned it into something fun 😂

Just now, RicRic said:

If you look at the pic he posted its a ladder which has the name printed ‘Werner’ on it … he just turned it into something fun 😂

What a crazy guy.... So crazy 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Arteta let Martinez go because he chose Leno to be his number one so Martinez took his chance to move to us.  Something I guess Arteta regretted the following season and thus why they signed Ramsdale.

Of course they two massive clubs but Chelsea are bigger than Arsenal football wise although Chelsea have lost some key players.  Arsenal had a good season last season but have struggled since Wenger left but are fighting to try to get back to CL football.  Chelsea have been CL for a long time and it was being touted after signing Lukaku they would be in the title race but obviously that didn’t work out but they were still the 3rd best team in the league.  There is still a gulf between Chelsea and Arsenal.  Chelsea want to fight the top 2, Arsenal want to get into the CL places.  Different expectations!

I agree with the first paragraph, Ramsdale is better than Martinez with his feet, Ramsdale suits their style of play. 

I agree with the the second paragraph too. Chelsea have spent a lot more than Arsenal over the past few years, Arsenal are trying to play catch up with the signings of Ramsdale and Ben White, Nuno Tavares, to name but a few. I think Arteta will be an excellent manager in time, he’s made a good start

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree with the first paragraph, Ramsdale is better than Martinez with his feet, Ramsdale suits their style of play. 

I agree with the the second paragraph too. Chelsea have spent a lot more than Arsenal over the past few years, Arsenal are trying to play catch up with the signings of Ramsdale and Ben White, Nuno Tavares, to name but a few. I think Arteta will be an excellent manager in time, he’s made a good start

Tavares is off shortly, I also heard a lot of rumblings about White which I surprised about, he wasn’t as loved as I thought there.  They have some great attacking talent though.

Tavares is off shortly, I also heard a lot of rumblings about White which I surprised about, he wasn’t as loved as I thought there.  They have some great attacking talent though.

Where is Tavares going? If Arsenal are letting White go, he’d be perfect for someone like us. I agree with you again

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Where is Tavares going? If Arsenal are letting White go, he’d be perfect for someone like us. I agree with you again

Marseille on loan for the season

Arsenal aren’t letting White go just rumblings.  I don’t think we would be interested anyway we have the same level of quality in our CB’s, I don’t feel he’s better than them.

Edited by nick76
  • Thanks 1

Marseille on loan for the season

Arsenal aren’t letting White go just rumblings.  I don’t think we would be interested anyway we have the same level of quality in our CB’s, I don’t feel he’s better than them.

Have you seen much of Diego Carlos then?

28 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Arsenal are a bigger club than Chelsea, in the same way that Man Utd are a bigger club than Man City. Some clubs are institutions, some are johnny-come-lately's with a few quid. I'd rather Villa aspired to become an institution (again) and I trust our owners to aim for that.

....anyway, back to transfers......'Announce Wijnaldum!'

• Like 2

Just now, sir_gary_cahill said:

Have you seen much of Diego Carlos then?

Not enough to make a full judgement and also interesting to see how different he is without Kounde.  He looks very good but has mistakes in him but could be a next level up for us.  I think he’ll become a fans favourite with his attitude.  I don’t think he’s elegant going forward.  That’s my thoughts based on the parts I’ve seen him.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dillon66 said:

Arsenal are a bigger club than Chelsea, in the same way that Man Utd are a bigger club than Man City. Some clubs are institutions, some are johnny-come-lately's with a few quid. I'd rather Villa aspired to become an institution (again) and I trust our owners to aim for that.

Don’t disagree with that, I was talking about expectations for the season ahead and recently…very different discussions

6 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Not enough to make a full judgement and also interesting to see how different he is without Kounde.  He looks very good but has mistakes in him but could be a next level up for us.  I think he’ll become a fans favourite with his attitude.  I don’t think he’s elegant going forward.  That’s my thoughts based on the parts I’ve seen him.

Which side does he play? Left centre back or right sided centre back? I know next to nothing about him