Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

22 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

I don't get the dislike for SJM. I think he is up there as one of our better players. He has had his off days, as most players do, but an element of that is down to the role is he was being asked to undertake at times. I am excited to see what he can do this season with the freedom that Kamara will give him and the better options - a settled Coutinho, second season Emi and a fit Bailey - in front of/alongside him.

Equally, i do think he has better captain characteristics than Mings.

And captaincy does not guarantee game time. E.g. Henderson does not start every game for Liverpool and Citeh rotated the arm band last season.

I dont dislike him but i feel we need to improve in that area , its just that simple and captaincy doesn’t bother me but it does signal the intention and the plan gerrard has for him 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

What happened to the rumour a surprise name would be sold. Think Bardell was saying that

It can't have been Trez or Targett 😂

Feels like that rumour has been around forever. ”Some will be surprised by who are sold in the summer” etcetera. Together with long lists over players about to be sold for money. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

What happened to the rumour a surprise name would be sold. Think Bardell was saying that

It can't have been Trez or Targett 😂

Gregg's pal?

Hope he's got some other sources...

1 hour ago, Tayls said:

How are all these signings coming along? Must be anytime now that we see something announced that isn’t a loan… 

Transfer window shuts 1st September. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

McGinn wasn't leaving regardless of being Captain or not though, so I don't understand this viewpoint?

Gerrard has said he's only interested in bringing in players who will improve the starting 11 or at minimum challenge for a starting spot.  McGinn being captain means he'll start if he's fit, no matter what.   He didn't bring in Kamara to sit on the bench.   That leaves JJ, Doug, Sanson to challenge for one spot.   That's assuming Chuk is now out of the picture.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

McGinn wasn't leaving regardless of being Captain or not though, so I don't understand this viewpoint?

If McGinn was going to be more of a squad player we could have signed a new one to be a starter. If McGinn is to start it seems unlikely we will sign a new (quality) one to sit on the bench instead of Nakamba or Sanson.

Guess Ramsey or Kamara might still be benched for a new one but doubt it.

• Like 2