Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Na it’s no one’s fault, but the person who green lighted the move… Danny is a good Egg and a professional personality… it’s just meh, his form dropped off massively. Also meh he can’t work with Watkins and another meh, he’s not mobile enough to be a lone striker. He’s completely the wrong fit for us. Worst yet, I can’t see anyone coming in for him. Maybe Brighton if we lucky… I’m seeing this as a running out his contract here. 

what’s frustrating for Villa and probably Watkins too

It’s easy to be reactionary but neither of them have shown that they can be the main man for us and be a reliable source of goals…

I genuinely thought Ollie could be that guy after his first season but his form has fallen off a cliff to be brutally honest.

Again, still holding out hope that they can perform for us but it’s waning and it’s all I have… I see no signs or evidence…

I don’t know what the solution is but I wouldn’t be upset at selling both of them and bringing in an alternative or potential upgrade… no idea who that could be, that’s a job for the scouts and Lange…

That’s very unlikely to happen now anyway. The priority, as ever, is midfield but we need a reliable finisher and we need to ensure a place for Buendia as he is our main and best creator… we have seen how well he can link up with Ings too…

I hope SG changes tact but I really don’t expect it. We can’t be having both JJ and McGinn in the side if we want to keep hold of the ball better and be more solid in that department. Going to end up putting way too much pressure and onus on Kamara at this rate, we need to help him and, so far, Luiz is the best candidate to do that.

I say just let the attackers thrive and just have a solid base in midfield and defence that is hard to break down or get through. 

Just don’t think SG sees it that way and he clearly had his favourites, regardless of form.

17 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If he's deemed not good enough for where we want to get to, and we can bring in better, then it shouldn't be a concern if we sell him to a team competing with us in the league.

We didn't have a problem doing it with Targett and, although he's not a striker, we still helped improve Newcastle in their LB position.

I can see what you are trying to say but I can’t agree with you.

4 hours ago, messi11 said:

New season same old midfield. Sign some players!

Apart from one of the top young DMs in the world that we signed?

I think a CF is a priority tbh.

We need a quality forward that can hold the ball, bring players like Coutinho & Buendia into play and free up a striker like Ings or Watkins.

Ings and Watkins cannot play together against better quality opposition because their strength is not holding up the ball.

I do not know who that Striker is but we need a someone with physicality and the ability to score a few goals.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Na it’s no one’s fault, but the person who green lighted the move… Danny is a good Egg and a professional personality… it’s just meh, his form dropped off massively. Also meh he can’t work with Watkins and another meh, he’s not mobile enough to be a lone striker. He’s completely the wrong fit for us. Worst yet, I can’t see anyone coming in for him. Maybe Brighton if we lucky… I’m seeing this as a running out his contract here. 

what’s frustrating for Villa and probably Watkins too

I suspect that Purslow has been guilty on more than one occasion (Drinkwater🤦‍♂️ - apparently Suso wanted Nzonzi but CP insisted on a loaf of bread. Barkley?) of these transfer faux pas and chasing names…

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I can see what you are trying to say but I can’t agree with you.

Fair enough. Whether or not we sell Ings, Watkins, or neither of them, something has to change in our attack otherwise it's going to be a painful watch at times.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

Apart from one of the top young DMs in the world that we signed?

By reputation only, Sanson was highly rated when we signed him too

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

I think a CF is a priority tbh.

We need a quality forward that can hold the ball, bring players like Coutinho & Buendia into play and free up a striker like Ings or Watkins.

Ings and Watkins cannot play together against better quality opposition because their strength is not holding up the ball.

I do not know who that Striker is but we need a someone with physicality and the ability to score a few goals.  

We loaned him to levante.

trollfacelmaaaao.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, messi11 said:

By reputation only, Sanson was highly rated when we signed him too

Was anyone else interested in Sanson? Genuine question, i can't remember?

Kamara had potential/rumoured suitors all over the place. Sanson I can't recall?

6 hours ago, theboyangel said:

If we are to sign another striker it needs to be one who is clinical in front of goal and takes his chances.

somebody.....sharp and quick, who is a good reader.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Fair enough. Whether or not we sell Ings, Watkins, or neither of them, something has to change in our attack otherwise it's going to be a painful watch at times.

That blunt front, will cost us this season........it is actually woeful.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

That blunt front, will cost us this season........it is actually woeful.

Its that 4312 with Coutinho behind them. Just doesnt work . They do not work as a pair. It has been tried again and again and rarely works. Stick Watkins up front and play Buendia off him and Bailey on the wing. That works 

14 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Its that 4312 with Coutinho behind them. Just doesnt work . They do not work as a pair. It has been tried again and again and rarely works. Stick Watkins up front and play Buendia off him and Bailey on the wing. That works 

I still think its inconsistent players, in the main, not formations.....I can't settle on any formation, with confidence, such is the flaky form.

Ollie couldn't keep the ball, never mind score.....Ings was just nondescript......there isn't a player in world football who can fix that behind them.

Players have to step up to the plate, or get over looked...its not complicated.

KKH was an effervescent performer, who, if he keeps that up won't just be cover.

I thought some of our seniors was Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh.....particularly first half. The kids showed interest, vigour and hunger, even if they was a bit raw.

KKH really had me thinking.

I was particularly miffed at Utd's goals, due to our sloppy play and poor positioning....I thought, here we go again.

Edited by TRO

10 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

couldn't disagree more

Why? If we keep those players we ain’t going to get better in… their sacrifice would be rewarded with cash to spend. 

It’s harsh, but they are either ain’t good enough, contracts running out, a poor fit or their usefulness is coming to an end.  So cash in I’d say, get more suitable players in. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Why? If we keep those players we ain’t going to get better in… their sacrifice would be rewarded with cash to spend. 

It’s harsh, but they are either ain’t good enough, contracts running out, a poor fit or their usefulness is coming to an end.  So cash in I’d say, get more suitable players in. 

We’re not going to agree on this but Dougie’s our best 8, Ings our best striker & Mings/Carlos is our best CB paring (Chambers as 3rd option) imo.

I’d want to keep Sanson around because I think he has a role to play but wouldn’t be upset to see him go. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Xela said:

Was anyone else interested in Sanson? Genuine question, i can't remember?

Kamara had potential/rumoured suitors all over the place. Sanson I can't recall?

West Ham and Wolverhampton were apparently in for him.

• Like 1