Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

he's not better than our strikers mainly because he's not a striker is he?

i thought he played on the left side of an attacking 3 and was one of these modern wide attacking player goal scorers - without the great goalscoring record

he doesnt fit our shape

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

Yes I would, he just doesn’t fit our squad at the minute. Already have Bailey/Buendia/Coutinho and Ings/Watkins so where would he slot in?

also he’s probably on a ton of wages at Barca 

It wasn’t a case of fitting in the squad which i agree , it was a case of in general and if there was space for him WOULD you still have that energy towards signing him ??

Edited by RicRic

Id assume whoever we sign now wont be ready for the start of the season and i feel we would be 2/3 matches in before they are signed as we will wait towards the end where prices drop , i have no issue with that aslong as it gets done 

If it's between us and Leicester, there's a decent chance I would think.

I think there's better available if we're going very big, Kone and Nunes to name two. Doubts about how effective Sangare can be in the Premier League, his buyout of £32m isn't something we can muck about with.

I would prefer him to Soler though. He sprung to mind when trees mentioned Valencia...

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Would Youri Tielemans be the final piece of the jigsaw 🤔, before he came to Leicester i had him on PES he was an absolute monster so when he joined Leicester i was fuming, but without studying him since there too closely im not sure how impactful he is and if he is still that monster, anyone able to give an insight on him 

Don’t see whyd he come here when he’s after champions league football

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Arsenal are  annoying me, linked to all the players i want, Sane, tielemans, zinchencko  🤬.. they need to f**k off 

well I think those players are all a bit unrealistic for us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

If it's between us and Leicester, there's a decent chance I would think.

I think there's better available if we're going very big, Kone and Nunes to name two. Doubts about how effective Sangare can be in the Premier League, his buyout of £32m isn't something we can muck about with.

I would prefer him to Soler though. He sprung to mind when trees mentioned Valencia...

Rumors that Leicester have financial difficulties this summer

56 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I think we have 2 first team strikers.

Plus a youth prospect thats never played in the Premier League and might or might not be ready for a couple more years (or might get sent out on loan to a championship club).

Plus a 24 year old who has track record that possibly shows that he can't play in the PL or at least won't be good enough for a PL team chasing 7th.

But i still agree, Ings and Watkins are enough for a team that plays 1 striker up front and doesn't have any European games and probably won't get that far in the cups.

Arsenal Aston Villa Bournem... Brentford Brighton Chelsea Palace Everton Fulham Leeds Leicester Liverpool Man City Man Utd Newcastle Forest Saints Spurs West Ham Wolves
Jesus Watkins Solanke Toney Welbeck Werner Edouard DCL Mitrovic Bamford Vardy Nunez Haaland Ronaldo Wilson Awoniyi Adams Kane Antonio Jiménez
Nketiah Ings Dembele Mbeumo Maupay Havertz Mateta Rondon Cavaleiro Gelhardt Daka Jota Alvarez Rashford Wood Surridge Armstrong Son Bowen Hwang
Martinelli Archer Lowe Wissa Enciso Batshuayi Benteke                        BDR Rodrigo Iheanacho Firmino Delap Martial St-Maximin Taylor   Richarlison    
Balogun Davis   Forss   Broja Ayew   Muniz Greenwood Perez     Greenwood Joelinton     Lucas    

Rough list of Prem strikers/players who have/can play as central forward. How do we think we compare to other squads?                                    

Edited by tomsky_11
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, RicRic said:

It wasn’t a case of fitting in the squad which i agree , it was a case of in general and if there was space for him WOULD you still have that energy towards signing him ??

Yeah I still wouldn’t want him. Doesn’t really fit our style of play either

4 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Arsenal Aston Villa Bournem... Brentford Brighton Chelsea Palace Everton Fulham Leeds Leicester Liverpool Man City Man Utd Newcastle Forest Saints Spurs West Ham Wolves
Jesus Watkins Solanke Toney Welbeck Werner Edouard DCL Mitrovic Bamford Vardy Nunez Haaland Ronaldo Wilson Awoniyi Adams Kane Antonio Jiménez
Nketiah Ings Dembele Mbeumo Maupay Havertz Mateta Rondon Cavaleiro Gelhardt Daka Jota Alvarez Rashford Wood Surridge Armstrong Son Bowen Hwang
Martinelli Archer Lowe Wissa Enciso Batshuayi Benteke                        BDR Rodrigo Iheanacho Firmino Delap Martial St-Maximin Taylor   Richarlison    
Balogun Davis   Forss   Broja Ayew   Muniz Greenwood Perez     Greenwood Joelinton     Lucas    

Rough list of Prem strikers/players who have/can play as central forward. How do we think we compare to other squads?                                    

IMO-

Better than Bournmouth, Brighton, Palace, Everton, Fulham, Leeds, Newcastle, Forest, Soton and Wolves.

Worse than Arsenal, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Man City, Man U, and Spurs.

The rest too close to call. 

Edit- Surely you can't put St. Maximin in for Newcastle. He's a wide player, no?

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, RicRic said:

We dont need ibrahim sangare hes a DM we already have two already three even 

This is about quality, not quantity, as we could also easily say we have 5 strikers. ( Ings, Ollie, Davis, Archer, Barry or Brad Young etc )

Our main problem has been our midfield for so long yet we are now wanting to chuck all our hopes on Kamara.

If he gets injured or suspended we are back to the same midfield we often moaned about .

What we have is too many MEH midfielders.

We need is another midfielder who is at least outstanding at one thing, or impressive all round.

On current evidence, the dropoff in quality from Kamara to our other " DMs " is massive.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Yep. Suggestions they need to sell Tielemans first but no bid has been forthcoming--hence their inactivity. 

I wonder if Tielemans was a huge fan of Gerrard growing up?

I know it'll never happen, but Tielemans would improve our midfield significantly.

• Like 1