Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Arsenal about to buy Zinchenko and pull further away from us.

Man City just did similar with Haaland as well :(

(For some exaggeration I admit but I think Arsenal are absolutely streets ahead of us - they are not really relevant to our ambitions this season)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If Vardy was to get back to his form of 2 years ago could argue maybe Leicester but the rest No

He's 36 in 5 months though and relies on pace to score the majority of his goals, so this is extremely unlikely. 

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Arsenal about to buy Zinchenko and pull further away from us.

They're years ahead of us anyway. The top 6 is a pipe dream.

Even Man Utd, who have been run like Billy Smart's circus in recent years, are light years ahead. 

11 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Thank god someone said it. 

Ings and Watkins (and even Archer) are miles ahead of the dire options at Brighton, Newcastle, Wolves, Everton, Leicester and West Ham. 

Miles ahead is a bit of an overstatement.

West Ham are at least on par if not better, as are Leicester. The rest bar the odd player we are probably better.      

West Ham - Antonio, Bowen,
Leicester - Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka
Newcastle - Wilson, Wood, Gayle
Wolves - Raúl Jiménez, Fábio Silva
Brighton - Maupay, Welbeck, Andone
Everton - Calvert-Lewin, Rondón
Palace - Ayew, Benteke, Édouard

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Miles ahead is a bit of an overstatement.

West Ham are at least on par if not better, as are Leicester. The rest bar the odd player we are probably better.      

West Ham - Antonio, Bowen,
Leicester - Vardy, Iheanacho, Daka
Newcastle - Wilson, Wood, Gayle
Wolves - Raúl Jiménez, Fábio Silva
Brighton - Maupay, Welbeck, Andone
Everton - Calvert-Lewin, Rondón
Palace - Ayew, Benteke, Édouard

West Ham on par if not better? Bowen has had a good season yes for sure still inferior to the Ings of 2020. Antonio don't make me laugh. His best ever season was a staggering 10 goals. 

As @Zatman pointed out, Vardy at his best is better than what we have and Daka may yet come good so Leicester I agree with him on as having on par or better options than us. 

The rest? Palace's top scorer for years has been a winger. Jimenez for Wolves hasn't looked anything like the same player since his head injury. I suppose you could make an argument for Callum Wilson who I rate but then you're down to Chris Wood and Dwight Gayle. 

We have far better options than people realize sometimes. 

EDIT: Edited the middle as it actually made no sense (In the garden having a few Ciders :D )

Edited by Steero113

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

West Ham on par if not better? Bowen has had a good season yes for sure still inferior to the Ings of 2020. Antonio don't make me laugh. His best ever season was a staggering 10 goals. 

As @Zatman pointed out, Vardy at his best is better than what we have and Daka may yet come good so Leicester I agree with him on as having on par or better options than us. 

The rest? Palace's top scorer for years has been a winger. Jimenez for Wolves hasn't looked anything like the same player since his head injury. I suppose you could make an argument for Callum Wilson who I rate but then you're down to Chris Wood and Dwight Gayle. 

We have far better options than people realize sometimes. 

EDIT: Edited the middle as it actually made no sense (In the garden having a few Ciders :D )

The Ings of 2020 🤣 - If the Ings of 2022 starts playing like the Ings of 2020 then you'd have a point.

Just now, duke313 said:

The Ings of 2020 🤣 - If the Ings of 2022 starts playing like the Ings of 2020 then you'd have a point.

And lets see Bowen back up his 2021-22 then as you seem to agree West Ham have better options than us. 

Season before he was nothing special. 

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

And lets see Bowen back up his 2021-22 then as you seem to agree West Ham have better options than us. 

Season before he was nothing special. 

Well last season they were better.  

2021-22 - Watkins + Ings - 18 goals
2021-22 - Antonio + Bowen - 31 goals

🤷‍♂️

Just now, alreadyexists said:

Had a nightmare last night that it was the opening game of the season and Ollie and Ings had both gone to West Ham and we hadn’t replaced them with any one… woke up sweating 😅 

It was the heat mate, they're shit and we wouldn't miss them 🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

22, they got 22 goals. 

I was counting goals in all competitions, but even of you only count PL goals, 22 is still more than 18, so we are not 'miles ahead' of West Ham.

7 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Well last season they were better.  

2021-22 - Watkins + Ings - 18 goals
2021-22 - Antonio + Bowen - 31 goals

🤷‍♂️

Antonio and Bowen played 98 games between them

Watkins and Ings played 66 games and Ings was a sub in a lot of games

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I was counting goals in all competitions, but even of you only count PL goals, 22 is still more than 18, so we are not 'miles ahead' of West Ham.

Maybe one day we can play in Europe (please :D )

Anyway, all things considered, if both sets of players played the same number of games and didn't have a managerial upheaval mid season, I still rate our two ahead of West Hams two. I back them to do the business this season.