Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I think there might be an argument that, as we are trying to compete with/overtake West Ham, hiring their " cast offs " would be counter productive.

Obviously I know that's a one dimensional train of thought, but if they think they can/will be better without him, it hangs the question.

What are his weaknesses?

Wouldnt say a cast off, he hasnt agreed a new contract and played the same amount of games as Rice last season

He was ran into the ground as he was never rested/rotated in midfield all season after played in the Euros, think Czech got to the quarters

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

PARASITES!!

They are just using fans to further their own careers and that doesn't suit well with me - I prefer my Villa content to be more organic and don't want to listen to self-serving BS. For them it's just about likes and subscribers so they can use the stats on their CVs. 

I remember when Bardell was promoting The Athletic and claiming he had no vested interest in the publication. Shortly after he was partnering with gregg Evans on their villa podcast and writing content. Or when they closed the channel as they didn't have time and then rebooted it shortly after with a Purity sponsorship attached. 

Maybe I'm a purist, but I think fan content should be for the love of doing it and not some other selfish motive. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently we’re not interested in Soucek anyway.

Hopefully we're not fudging the 8 CM issue now.

Bit worried we missed out on Bentancur in Jan, also bid for Bissouma that month and linked a bit with Kalvin Phillips and Gerrard will just conclude he'll stick with existing options now Kamara is in.

I think that's a big error for a few reasons unless Luiz and Carney sort their contracts out and even then it dosen't really feel good enough if we want to seriously challenge for europe.

5 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

They are just using fans to further their own careers and that doesn't suit well with me - I prefer my Villa content to be more organic and don't want to listen to self-serving BS. For them it's just about likes and subscribers so they can use the stats on their CVs. 

I remember when Bardell was promoting The Athletic and claiming he had no vested interest in the publication. Shortly after he was partnering with gregg Evans on their villa podcast and writing content. Or when they closed the channel as they didn't have time and then rebooted it shortly after with a Purity sponsorship attached. 

Maybe I'm a purist, but I think fan content should be for the love of doing it and not some other selfish motive. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

There's plenty of villa fans sitting in their bedrooms doing this. 

To be fair to Villa View they've produced some good content over the years with good access to the club and ex players. That doesn't happen if they aren't bringing in money and sponsorship. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

i guess your opinion also applies to the likes of villa on tour who is also sponsored, and encourages you to 'like and subscribe' on all his videos?

it's interesting that bardell is employed by a number of media outlets now yet continues to do the villa view. it could be argued he doesn't need to do it anymore but continues to do so "for the love of doing it"

i dont mind the villa view. there are better fan channels out there but also much, much worse, but to criticise because you think they have some agenda to "use fans to further their careers" is bizarre. no one is forcing or tricking people to watch the videos, they do so cause they want to.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Apparently he is on around 50k a week. Still a decent whack tbf.

Relative to what? Ings, Digne, Coutinho, Martinez and Carlos are all on £100k+ per week

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

Surprised - but happy - if the no CB is true. Justice for Tyrone

We need to move Hause out on Loan really as we've improved on him by signing Carlos. We've an excellent back 5 and it's even better with a proper 6 in the team too. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol I don't dislike them mate, but they are definitely some miserable bastards 😂

If anything I use their Pods to send me to sleep.

I used to like MOMS podcast generally, but his English sidekick does nothing but interrupt him all the time, it's really distracting.

• Like 1