Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, DCJonah said:

It's a cliche but Ings and Bailey could be like new signings next season. 

Carney signing a contract and developing would be like a new signing. 

Ings and Buendia together = goals.

Get them on the pitch.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I believe that we’re a club that’s almost impossible to read. Did I believe we’d win the league in 81 or the European Cup in 82 when we were in the third division? No chance. Did I believe we could get relegated just a few years later? Well that’s a bit more believable. 

We, Aston Villa we’re nearly bankrupt and almost on the brink of extinction just a few years ago. Now look at us. We’re the hardest of all the clubs to call, but in our case you really just never know. 

A couple of years time, beat Man City in the European Cup final to take our lead over them to two. Likely? No of course not, but as the great man said, “Do you want to bet against us?”

‘Oh yeah’ would have done Dave 😉

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

This is spot on, we’re yet to see the best of many of our players largely due to injury issues and possibly lack of a settling in period. It’s true that many of us lack any patience with our players and are too quick to want to discard them.

Absolutely nothing to suggest we are done.

Kamara and Carlos are undeniably genuine statement signings for us and where we’re at currently.

Why do we do this every off season? So much negativity and worry? Let’s just see how things pan out, it’s such early days.

No reason to be so pessimistic and we’ve made a great start imo. I’m sure we will make moves where the opportunities arise and not make signings just for the sake of it. We’re looking for genuine upgrades and already have a couple…

We still have players to sell and hopefully generate a few more funds and free up wages for new players.

Patience…

In excess of £50m? 😀 That's a very safe claim.

Our owners will spend whatever they can realistically justify to improve us.

Could be £51m, could be £151m. Preece has no clue.

I’m sure he was on some shite podcast yesterday saying that we want the likes of Connor Gallagher, a backup LB and a striker if the right one becomes available.

Edited by jacketspuds
  • Like 4

I’m not sure why we are worried about our incomings?

I'm more concerned about our out goings… we have almost an entire squad of players we need shifting and the only one that’s officially gone is Matt Targett. Granted, looks like Trez and Luiz are going too, but we ain’t had hardly a peep for any of our other players. 

It’s a concern that we’ve spent soo much on players in recent years and for some reason we can’t sell barely any for real money, unless it’s Jack Grealish. 

Right now, Aston Villa is a bloated squad that’s not good enough, for our desires and other clubs desires 

Yes we need better players, but can we shift the players that are not right for us first. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, grobs said:

I saw a link on Twitter to soucek, he might be a good signing. Add a bit of strength to the midfield and he always scores against us

He would be  excellent .

Edited by gwi1890

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I've always rated Soucek whenever i've seen him play (admittedly i've not watched West Ham all that much). Would not be against us signing him. 

Soucek and kamara in a 4231 would be nice, not sure why West Ham are selling him though