Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

43 minutes ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

To be fair, If I have a few weeks off then I can achieve about 15 metres. 

There is a similar video of a couple of girls in a boxing ring doing similar but with girly juice, however I digress, 20 m for Winks is utter madness 

25 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think (if we add the LB and keep Luiz) we've a better squad than any of West Ham, Newcastle, Leicester, Wolves. The Big 6 are spending a level we can't get near.

If we add a new 8 to replace Luiz it's not really going to be a massive improvement to the overall squad.

Jesus Breakdancing Christ... 🤬

Agree with all those pointing at how much squads already stronger than ours are improving again during this window. To have a real shot we need at least two (if not three) more signings that leave the TalkSport crowd blabbering in disbelief, plus a second LB. Central midfield is critical and we’re not there yet.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MrBlack said:

I'm sure our midfield signing will be that age. Between Ramsey and Kamara, there is no experience. The third member of that midfield 3 needs to be at least 26.

24 would be fine even 

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

West Ham's form was worse than ours since Gerrard took over.

But they’ll have experience from that to counter it better next time and will likely invest as they already have started 

Leicester are losing players and Vardy gets older.

Agreed but still a threat and a squad with experience and a brilliant manager

Newcastle had a bounce last season who knows how they will do next season integrating more new players.

The complete unknowns, they will get better over time that’s for sure.

I think we've added very smartly to our squad too. Kamara and Carlos are the two key positions we needed filling. Press resistant ball players with high passing stats and a proper CDM. Add to Digne, Coutinho, Chambers, Olsen - all 4 are successful signings. We add a LB so we don't have a significant drop off when Digne is missing and we're in a good place. Consider Bailey like a new signing too. If we do a Luiz our and new 8 in hopefully that adds another bit to our overall squad performance. 

You’re assuming everything goes extremely well for us, that both Kamara and Carlos settle quickly and are effective from day one.  You’re assuming that our 2022 form dramatically improves.  We have been a pretty poor team for 18 months now with only specks of quality.

I think we’ve added smartly too but I think we need more and I don’t think we are as far ahead or as good as some might think

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Things have been fairly quiet for a while now. No strong links, everything seems made up or a re- hashing of old links. Seems to me like we are working on something very secretive. Or just focusing on shedding the deadwood.

It's how we roll.  There won't be any links because none of the press have a scooby.  There won't be any links until someone no one has even mentioned* comes out of the woodwork and the tap in merchants claim it.

* Any who have mentioned it will almost certainly be speculative click bait people throwing a name out who they happen to get lucky on and will forever be proclaimed as reliable despite throwing out dozens of other names that come to nowt.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah it's certainly debatable. West Ham's form was worse than ours since Gerrard took over. With European football again they need to compete on more than one front with a smaller squad than us. Leicester are losing players and Vardy gets older. Newcastle had a bounce last season who knows how they will do next season integrating more new players. Wolves were beyond lucky last season with many of their wins. 

I think we've added very smartly to our squad too. Kamara and Carlos are the two key positions we needed filling. Press resistant ball players with high passing stats and a proper CDM. Add to Digne, Coutinho, Chambers, Olsen - all 4 are successful signings. We add a LB so we don't have a significant drop off when Digne is missing and we're in a good place. Consider Bailey like a new signing too. If we do a Luiz our and new 8 in hopefully that adds another bit to our overall squad performance. 

I totally agree but still feel like there’s an upgrade needed on McGinn still, if he’s starting every game next season we aren’t finishing top 8-9 imo.

• Shocked 1

Our recruitment has been excellent this summer so far but, yes, still a few very vital things to do. I don't think the club CMare in any doubt about that either.

Number 8 is a priority, as is getting Chukwuemeka to sign a long contract. Cover and or competition for both full back positions is essential. KKH's situation will determine this to a degree.
Striker is still something I think we'll see happen and it might just surprise a few. I think we'll go big there.

We might pickup another CDM depending on who leaves too, but if we get the CM and forward right, to quote the Fonz: "EEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY"

Were in a position where under previous regimes we have floundered.

Our squad imo is pretty damm decent - sure everybody has there own whipping boy  (insert Kenneth williams gif here !).

Bringing in players better than we have is very difficult - better players than we have will likely be looking for CL football. I think we should recognise this and be patient - also don't forget there is still over 2 months of the window to go.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I totally agree but still feel like there’s an upgrade needed on McGinn still, if he’s starting every game next season we aren’t finishing top 8-9 imo.

I'd agree. I love McGinn and think he's been great for us.   But he's not a top 6 starter which is the next level of player we are aiming for. 

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

Do you mean when watkins ran in to him, nearly fell over,  just about stayed on his feet, took a bad touch, shot wide but the defender deflected it in to the net?

Yes, all that and he still made Williams look like a carthorse.

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Well Enzo Fernandez is joining benfica for €10m plus €8m add-ons, would have hoped we had looked at him

Would he have got a work permit? He doesn't have an international cap and has just one season at River

45 minutes ago, Awol said:

Agree with all those pointing at how much squads already stronger than ours are improving again during this window. To have a real shot we need at least two (if not three) more signings that leave the TalkSport crowd blabbering in disbelief, plus a second LB. Central midfield is critical and we’re not there yet.

The only squads I can see that have improved in this window so far are ours, Leeds, Spurs and Man City.

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

The only squads I can see that have improved in this window so far are ours, Leeds, Spurs and Man City.

Arsenal have brought Vieira from Porto, West Ham have brought Aguerd just off the top of my head of teams improving