Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

14 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He only got Ings right! It was because the betting odds dropped the day before 

the ings story broke that morning. can't remember the media outlet (not a reputable one anyway) but i remember a mate asking me if i hear of any transfer rumours and i mentioned ings...he was confirmed a few hours later

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Feels like Gabriel Barbosa could turn out a absolutely fantastic signing, or he could turn out like latter days Adriano. Honestly no idea.

And you just know it's not going to be anything in between. It's one or the other.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Another potential wesley. No thanks

Not a great comparison perhaps as Barbosa was a huge talent as a kid and projected to be a superstar while Wesley was a dad of 2 playing in Slovakia.

Guess one can argue that both failed in Europe and moved back to Brazil but Barbosa won the title and golden boot and a bunch of other honors there while Wesley sat in the stands not even fit enough to be on the bench.

And then there is the injury.

Edit: Then again I just said he could turn out like Adriano so fair enough :D 

Edited by sne

It's a weird one cos I still think Ings and Watkins should be good enough. I'm not sure throwing in a player who will need time to settle and find his feet (Barbosa) will make us a better outfit. Though, I guess he could hit the ground running. 

1 minute ago, GarethRDR said:

"Gabriel Barbosa" sounds like off-brand Gabriel Batistuta.

And for that reason, I'm in.

Barbosa was a my first signing (from Santos) every new game of Football Manager 2016. But yeah, IRL he's only ever performed in Brazil. Did nothing at Inter. Nothing at Benfica.

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Barbosa was a my first signing (from Santos) every new game of Football Manager 2016. But yeah, IRL he's only ever performed in Brazil. Did nothing at Inter. Nothing at Benfica.

He didn’t seem to get much opportunity either. Maybe he just didn’t cut it in training. 

1 minute ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Someone had pointed out that when he was younger in Europe he played more of a wide forward role, whereas in Brazil and for national team he's played as a more traditional 9.

I don't know what happened to Barbosa when he was at Inter and Benfica but according to Transfermarkt he played a could of hundred minutes in total in European football........

Just thought I would throw in that to the conversation as I am also bored of waiting for news.