Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

11 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Not sure he'd be worth the £35m+ City will want.

Fills a few different positions which is handy, but I don't think he's a game changer for us really. I'd like a new record signing to come in a step above what we have.

I think he’s an upgrade on JJ and Mcginn, always difficult to judge based on city stats but his stats are very good 

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

He’d be starting in CM

He’d be first choice IMO. He’s the perfect player for that role actually. A CM who covers the fullback. So why not get someone who can play FB and CM.

• Like 3

Not sure where people are getting this idea that Zinchenko is an amazing midfieler, he's hardly played there for Man City, if he was that good in that position would City be letting him go to bring in Phillips, a player who has received a lot of criticisim on here lately.

He might be okay, but not sure if much of an upgrade on McGinn and doubtful he gets in our midfield ahead of Jacob Ramsey, if you said to City you can have either Ramsey or Zinchenko for your midfield, can almost guarantee they'd choose Ramsey.

Not sure how much sense it would make to have him as back-up to Digne either, we let Targett go because it made sense to bring in a younger back-up left-back that will still be relatively young when it becomes time to replace Digne, rather someone like Targett or Zinchenko who would be around thirty by the time it's time to replace Digne.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I think Zinchenko is a CL starter for the best squad in the world, so if you don't want him at Villa you all lost your minds. 

He’s literally being linked with a move to Everton. No reason why her choose them over us. Not that we are even in for him.

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

I think Zinchenko is a CL starter for the best squad in the world, so if you don't want him at Villa you all lost your minds. 

I’m judging him largely on the game he had for Ukraine against Scotland and I think on that basis he was excellent. But that was one game, I’m sure there are better informed posters who’ve seen more of him.  I’m also sure the club will have taken more than a cursory glance at him if they’re interested. 

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Not sure where people are getting this idea that Zinchenko is an amazing midfieler, he's hardly played there for Man City, if he was that good in that position would City be letting him go to bring in Phillips, a player who has received a lot of criticisim on here lately.

He might be okay, but not sure if much of an upgrade on McGinn and doubtful he gets in our midfield ahead of Jacob Ramsey, if you said to City you can have either Ramsey or Zinchenko for your midfield, can almost guarantee they'd choose Ramsey.

Not sure how much sense it would make to have him as back-up to Digne either, we let Targett go because it made sense to bring in a younger back-up left-back that will still be relatively young when it becomes time to replace Digne, rather someone like Targett or Zinchenko who would be around thirty by the time it's time to replace Digne.

He plays midfield for Ukraine. City play that high, that their full backs are practically midfielders. It’s more his versatility that he would benefit our team. He can play midfield, and if Digne is injured/suspended he can play left-back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

A champions league quality Peter Whittingham. A very very good player . 

I'd say Whits would have looked better than Zinchenko does for that City team.

Sumptuous left foot.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

He’d be an interesting signing, he’d be worth a punt if the price is right but the problem is despite what people are saying we don’t actually know how good he is in midfield - he simply hasn’t played there for Man City in any tangible capacity for anyone to judge positively or negatively. Yes we all know he’s played there for Ukraine but international football is quite obviously a poor guide to assessing PL quality otherwise the PL would look very different to how it actually does

• Thanks 1

He's playing games for Man City in the Champions League as a left-back, just because he's very good in that position, and looks decent for Ukraine in midfield against weaker oppostion, it doesn't mean to say we should sign him as a midfielder. I think there's an element of people overrating him, as a midfielder, just because he plays for Man City.

• Like 3

He'd be the best left winger at the club

Who can also play CM and LB

The right team and manager would have a cracking player on their hands, even better than what city get out of him

Not 100% convinced he'd be a great fit for us but I'd at least like to try 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, useless said:

He's playing games for Man City in the Champions League as a left-back, just because he's very good in that position, and looks decent for Ukraine in midfield against weaker oppostion, it doesn't mean to say we should sign him as a midfielder. I think there's an element of people overrating him, as a midfielder, just because he plays for Man City.

Well to put it in perspective he looked  better than Grealish did for them in an attacking sense.

Imagine how he could look for us.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa