Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree on jesus but that's harsh on Gallagher 

I do think Chelsea would make us pay through the nose to get him though, there's no deal to be done there, he'll be eye wateringly expensive 

They got about 40 million for Tammy and Tomori with buyback clauses but would only sell for that cheap to teams abroad

Seems Arsenal was quoted 65 million for Tammy last summer. Think Tuchel said he wants Gallagher to stay 

7 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

No. One wouldn't work the way we play and the other is a one season wonder 

I could see why you’d call Gallagher a one season wonder if the season you’re referring to wasn’t last season. If he’d done well a couple of seasons ago then dropped off then fair enough. He’s just had a great season, which is the reason he’s attracting so much interest. Predicting next season is where better qualified people than us earn their corn. Next season he may drop off but could just as easily be just as good or better. In which case he’d be £60-80m and heading to the Man City bench club. 

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

They got about 40 million for Tammy and Tomori with buyback clauses but would only sell for that cheap to teams abroad

Seems Arsenal was quoted 65 million for Tammy last summer. Think Tuchel said he wants Gallagher to stay 

They still give games to Loftus Cheek and from what I saw of them gilmour isn't as good, Barkley got some appearances too 

He won't get 30 starts there but he will play 

40 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I could see why you’d call Gallagher a one season wonder if the season you’re referring to wasn’t last season. If he’d done well a couple of seasons ago then dropped off then fair enough. He’s just had a great season, which is the reason he’s attracting so much interest. Predicting next season is where better qualified people than us earn their corn. Next season he may drop off but could just as easily be just as good or better. In which case he’d be £60-80m and heading to the Man City bench club. 

Was also decent for West Brom the season before in a very poor team so has performed in the prem for last two seasons

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He didn’t just turn up to his house, he made him his pack lunch and drove him to school. That’s the effort Stevie G puts in to it 

went to his girlfriends house, to convince her too....you have to vary your tactics.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

He didn’t just turn up to his house, he made him his pack lunch and drove him to school. That’s the effort Stevie G puts in to it 

I hope he gave Ewan Simpson a lift to school too while he was up there

I’m always a bit wary of a lad who scored that amount of goals at such a young age. Makes me think he’s just more developed and can bully younger/ smaller players. 

But what more can he do when playing at his own age bracket. Looks a good signing and Stevie G will have seen him up close when at Rangers so should know the type he is. 

I watched Wilson in the Scottish FA Youth Cup Final, looks a good player can see why he scores a lot of goals, always looked dangerous in and around the box, scored one good goal, could have scored a few more, looked like more of an old fashioned striker, not saying he's as good obviously but in style looked similar to a Shearer/Kane type.

I think he's played with Feeney for Scotland before Feeney switched to England, so that will be someone at the club he knows plus Ewan Simpson if he joins as rumoured.

Not sure what other attacking players we have coming from the U16s that will be first year scholars next season, but Kadan Young, Omari Kellyman, Ajani Burchall, and Rory Wilson looks a stronger set of attackers for the U18s,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Well if he signs that's him out the England squad conkface won't like that move one bit! ;)

Fact. He will find himself dropped quite quickly.