Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

22 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

I'd be looking to improve some of our attacking options. Trezeguet and El Ghazi im sure will be sold soon, but one i think we could do is sell bertrand traore and try to replace him with maxwel cornet.

Traore either isnt given a chance or is injured and I think we need someone with the consistency with Cornet. It's a definite improvement as an attacking option and gives a bit more consistency too.

I would prefer Bertie to Cornet, from what I have seen of Cornet he is the exact opposite of consistency and his finishing is poor. He missed sitters in the last few games which could have kept Burnley up if he scored them

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would prefer Bertie to Cornet, from what I have seen of Cornet he is the exact opposite of consistency and his finishing is poor. He missed sitters in the last few games which could have kept Burnley up if he scored them

9 goals and 2 assists isnt bad, I would take him here and reckon he could bring his game up another level. He does get caught offside a lot however

15 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I wouldn’t mind someone like Tielemans. 

I am also a fan of players in the ‘proven PL midfielder, £30-40m, 50 caps for Belgium, scores screamers in the FA Cup final’ profile

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Because if the player on £200k is shit, it will hurt the team. We won't be able to move them on, and we won't be able to sign anyone for much money as we can't afford it.

That's why people care. That's why they want signings to be thought through fully.

Not only that, it can unsettle the team spirit in the dressing room. If a player is earning more than the others but not justifying it, it quickly becomes poison. 

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Pretty sure cornet is a left midfielder

Sky are alluding to the idea we may be selling Ings.  How does everyone think about him being sold?

myself, I thought it was a stupid buy at the time and reeked of “panic buy”.
great player and a smart striker, however he was and forever will be competing with Ollie…  so it never worked out. It’s best to get the wages off the books and some cash in the bank and find better options out there, or at least give Archer the understudy role. 

• Like 1

I've read a couple of times that the manager would like to have the summers transfer business done in time for pre-season, with our first match on 9th July, when do we reckon the players will be back at Bodymoor? 4th July? Maybe 1st July even?

We're three weeks away from pre-season training, so if we want players in for then, moves will need to be happening quickly.

5 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Sky are alluding to the idea we may be selling Ings.  How does everyone think about him being sold?

myself, I thought it was a stupid buy at the time and reeked of “panic buy”.
great player and a smart striker, however he was and forever will be competing with Ollie…  so it never worked out. It’s best to get the wages off the books and some cash in the bank and find better options out there, or at least give Archer the understudy role. 

Can you name a better option out there who would be available?

Bearing in mind Ings got 13 goal contributions in 22 games worth of minutes and is one of only 6 current forwards to have scored 20+ goals in the PL in a season.

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

Need to go for the players that have experienced Champions League and general Euro football already. Partly for their experience but partly because unless you are going deep in the competition it isnt really all its made up to be. And even better if they have gone deep in the competition and scratched that itch.

They can come to the Prem and be away from their family 1 night a week. They can be home by 2pm every day after training. So on that level its good for players with demanding wives !! . And they can play Manchester clubs Liverpool Chelsea Arsenal Spurs . 6 world renowned teams twice a year minimum. Amd then beyond that you have West Ham , Everton Newcastle Leicester etc etc. 

Its a massive league it really is . Oh yeah and you get paid shit loads of money. 

1 minute ago, Steero113 said:

Can you name a better option out there who would be available?

Bearing in mind Ings got 13 goal contributions in 22 games worth of minutes and is one of only 6 current forwards to have scored 20+ goals in the PL in a season.

It’s not really about the “choice” it’s more about he’s a starting striker, not starting… he’s not going to be happy to sit on the bench this much. So what do we do? Clumsily start him with Ollie… which rarely worked well. Or sell him before we can’t. We still can fetch a decent fee for him. So I’m not too opposed to the idea. 

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s not really about the “choice” it’s more about he’s a starting striker, not starting… he’s not going to be happy to sit on the bench this much. So what do we do? Clumsily start him with Ollie… which rarely worked well. Or sell him before we can’t. We still can fetch a decent fee for him. So I’m not too opposed to the idea. 

I would be happier selling Ollie than Danny. Much higher resale value and a clevererererer player. 5 to 10 percent more possession and a proper defensively minded midfielder in Kamara will change how we play. Our full backs will not seem so far forward as the rest of the team will be pushed further up the pitch because we are progressing the ball better. 

Gerrard played that football last season not because he wanted to . But because he had to in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I would be happier selling Ollie than Danny. Much higher resale value and a clevererererer player. 5 to 10 percent more possession and a proper defensively minded midfielder in Kamara will change how we play. Our full backs will not seem so far forward as the rest of the team will be pushed further up the pitch because we are progressing the ball better. 

Gerrard played that football last season not because he wanted to . But because he had to in my opinion. 

Ollie’s “resale value” not likely to change much for the remainder of his contract. Ings how ever is only going to reduce for his age, but that’s not really my concern with Ings. It’s more he’s not really needed. It’s like having a shiny badge sticker, but it’s just a double. Swap it out and get something needed. We have Archer, he may not be ready and shiny just yet, but he’s perfectly fine as the understudy