Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

With the moaning on Targett's thread about 'only' getting 15m for him, I can't wait for the craic on here when we sell Davis to Forest 🤣

They’ll probably moan about us charging Forrest to much.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

With the moaning on Targett's thread about 'only' getting 15m for him, I can't wait for the craic on here when we sell Davis to Forest 🤣

Yeah, I mean it's not brilliant, but it's essentially getting 15 mill into the coffers, and freeing up wages to bring in other players.

Furthermore, when was the last time we broke even on a player? This is itself is " progress " lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

She's fairly accurate with transfer news, I'm sure she was one of the first that knew about the Coutinho deal?

Anyway Sangare would be a good signing but with Chelsea looking to spend a lot on revamping their squad, if they want him he'll likely pick them.

Is that not the bird Elon Musk was married to?

• Like 1

Conor Gallagher would be a perfect fit for Villa. Attitude, energy, skill and an "in your face" persona that must p*ss off the opposition.

I think he is is probably just out of our reach currently. If Gerrard is keen then he needs to take the crew round to Conor's and do a damn fine project selling job!

• Like 2

Gallagher is the type of midfielder we desperately need, his goal output alone would take such a burden off the front 3 and he seems like a great player to drive the ball forward. Him Sanson and Kamara would make a great midfield imo. Doubt chelsea will let him go, his future looks very bright and he should have played in the england games recently.

• Thanks 1

Just catching up on news and see that Barcelona seem to be looking to sell Nico Gonzalez - 20yo Central Midfielder. Makes sense with Kessie on his way in, no matter what happens with de Jong. Seen some tenuous links with this player to Wolves in a quick google search.

I do wonder if he is someone we might look at. Had a little bit of a down year in comparison to his previous season (which makes him a more reasonable target), but has the positional flexibility I think we will be looking for going forward - he can play as a pivot #6 (although not in the same way Kamara can) but I think he can develop in to a good #8 in the future. He's got good close-ball control, and does well protecting and progressing the ball in possession.

In theory, if Gerrard wants to go back to his Kamikaze Wing Backs and high-energy 8s covering all bases, it doesn't get much better or high-energy than picking 2 of Gallagher, McGinn and Ramsey each game.

But I hope to god we don't go back to that, even with better players the system will fail.

And in a normal system, I don't think we'll see the best of McGinn, Ramsey or Gallagher playing 2 of them together. One will need to be more adventurous moving forwards (JJ last season), this player will probably be the best performing - as it's all of their natural roles - and the other one will need to be more reserved (SJM last season). 

We'll never see the best of 2 of them together in a normal system. I've said it before but I think it'll be like Gerrard and Lampard for England. One will always have to be sacrificed for the other and we'll never see them all at their best.

Would love to be wrong though, as it would be exciting to watch if you could get 2 of them firing at the same time alongside Coutinho and Buendia

• Like 1

I would love Gallagher. Seen a report valuing him at £35m. If we were to sell Luiz for the mooted £25m, then adding £10m and getting Gallagher would be great business. My only reservation is whether he is too similar to JJ and SJM i.e. he is an 8/10 and whether, for balance, we would be better off spending that money on an 8/6 i.e. someone who is a little more of a sitter or possibly even a straight 6 like Kondogbia or Sangare (as I understand them) and looking at Kamara as the 8/6. Ideally, sell Luiz, Sanson and Nakamba and replace the three with Gallagher and a 6.

I've seen a lot of criticism of SJM on here which I think is unjustified. Put some proper more defensive presence into our CM to free him up and I think we will see his quality.

Reports are saying that Gallagher, Broja, and Colwill all considering their Chelsea future if they're only going to be bit part players next season. Gallager will want regular game time, not just the odd sub appearance here and there.