Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I think Ramsey will get some time as a 10 next season. Especially if we sign another 8. I think Ramsey has lots of goals in him so you want that threat from the 10 position. He'll either be the box to box 8 or a 10 and he's great at both

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

It was always going to be that way unless you want to revamp the whole squad.

Another DCM, a LB and a striker would make a massive difference to us. It would give us backup for Kamara and the ability to rotate DCM or play a different formation, Another LB will be back up for Digne and the right guy could also be backup for a CB. We have lots of attacking players for midfield and would just need a striker to be able to start ahead of Ollie and Ings if called upon. That's not a total revamp but it would help us through a season without reverting to last year's team

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Hm, what could possibly have attracted James Milner to Man City in the period 2010-2015 during the peak of his career when they were the richest and potentially most successful club around so that he didn’t make a move to London? If that financial offer had been made by Arsenal/Chelsea with the potential success on offer he’d have gone there as well. London or not. 

You are right with that, it is a bit silly saying that a player didn't get seduced by London when he signed for the club paying the most money and with the most potential :)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Another DCM, a LB and a striker would make a massive difference to us. It would give us backup for Kamara and the ability to rotate DCM or play a different formation, Another LB will be back up for Digne and the right guy could also be backup for a CB. We have lots of attacking players for midfield and would just need a striker to be able to start ahead of Ollie and Ings if called upon. That's not a total revamp but it would help us through a season without reverting to last year's team

Exactly

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Hm, what could possibly have attracted James Milner to Man City in the period 2010-2015 during the peak of his career when they were the richest and potentially most successful club around so that he didn’t make a move to London? If that financial offer had been made by Arsenal/Chelsea with the potential success on offer he’d have gone there as well. London or not. 

Don't agree. He wanted silverware.

Just now, est1874 said:

Don't agree. He wanted silverware.

I agree. I even said that, but if that offer of financial reward/winning potential came from a London club, he'd have been on his bike down there.

10 hours ago, MrBlack said:

And he'll get more game time as a rotation option for a club that will reach the latter stages of every competition its in, and is in one more competition than we are.

Honestly,  I don't think he particularly cares about the money or the trophies... just wants to play football.

I think Milner might well have retired, had Liverpool not have offered him another year. I also think that he would have been more likely to have signed for Leeds than us, if either club wanted to offer him a contract, but that doesn't matter now, he will get the odd minute coming off the bench for Liverplop. 

Edited by John

2 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Hm, what could possibly have attracted James Milner to Man City in the period 2010-2015 during the peak of his career

He loves Oasis?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John said:

I think Milner might well have retired, had Liverpool not have offered him another year. I also think that he would have been more likely to have signed for Leeds than us, if either club wanted to offer him a contract, but that doesn't matter now, he will get the odd minute coming off the bench for Liverplop. 

He'll probably play in the league and fa cups too. 

He's at a level where he's comfortably good enough to play for a team that gets to the quarter finals of those competitions, and the experience and composure he brings will raise the level of any youth players he's playing with in those games.

He'd have been a great option for us to avoid us buying a lot of other backup options, that would have to accept being replaced by some of our youth team in a year's time. Would have been perfect for us but alas not to be. 

• Like 1

Reports coming out this morning that Targett moving closer to going to Newcastle for £12m (they already paid a £2/3m loan fee in January making it £15m in total).

I personally expect us to spend a similiar amount (~£10m) on a back up left back this Summer.

Fabrizio Romano saying Jesus expected to leave Man City etc etc. But he's stopping short of saying Arsenal. Just 'Premier League clubs' expected to bid soon.

Fab's probably just being safe as it's not ready to tap in from a yard out yet but wonder if we could still convince him. 

Dougie, Coutinho and Carlos all here plus Martinez and Buendia is quite the South American contingent. He'd be a very good addition to our squad

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Haha 2