Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Milner rejected a one year deal with us… please i hope that isn’t true and our club isn’t embarrassing us because i have no idea why we would even be in a situation where 97 year old james milner does not want to go to aston villa … i hope bloody not 

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Glad we’re not pursuing any deal for Phillips. He has been ruined by Bielsa’s high intensity play and will probably get regular injuries for the rest of his career now.

Definitely need a number 8. If anyone can identify a quality CM to boss our midfield it’s Gerrard.

While true the other point is would he have ever got this far up the league without Bielsa style. Before he came in he was looking like a player Leeds were thinking to offload as apparently wasnt great as a centre back and Bielsa moved him

28 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Milner rejected a one year deal with us… please i hope that isn’t true and our club isn’t embarrassing us because i have no idea why we would even be in a situation where 97 year old james milner does not want to go to aston villa … i hope bloody not 

Nothing to do with having the chance to stay at a club that nearly won the quadruple ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nothing to do with having the chance to stay at a club that nearly won the quadruple ?

Or the fact that he's been there for 7 plus years too, and is obviously settled? 🤔

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

And he'll get more game time as a rotation option for a club that will reach the latter stages of every competition its in, and is in one more competition than we are.

Honestly,  I don't think he particularly cares about the money or the trophies... just wants to play football.

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Its more the fact i dont want him here and why would we even be interested in signing him 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

And if that’s the case, fine, but don’t keep up with the soundbites of competing for Europe and challenging at the top end of the table.

We sign one more player then we may challenge for 8th. I can’t realistically see us competing for Europe when the likes of Arsenal, Spurs and United will all be strengthening on top of what they have. 

I can’t be critical of our window to date, we’ve been brilliant considering it hasn’t even opened yet (!), but I’d be disappointed if the majority of our business was done. We desperately need another central midfielder and probably a forward player as a minimum. 

Providing we get lucky with injuries. A couple of injuries and we have more or less the same team as last season. That is not a position Purslow or Gerrard want imo

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

But Liverpool signed him, should they be embarrassed? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RicRic said:

Realistically this is just the tip of the iceberg! ….. we need to drop mcginn to the bench or sell him( do not wanna see him running around every game next season, drop luiz to the bench, sell hause,nakamba,traore, el ghazi, trez and Ings.. bring in a solid cm to replace mcginn and a new assassin up front and a full back. Watkins/coutinho/ buendia all in rotation in those positions just behind the main striker

Martinez

Cash        Carlos         Mings/Konsa     Digne

Kamara

New 8               Ramsey

Watkins           Coutinho

New St

bench

1.Olsen

2. Mings/konsa

3. New fullback or young

4. Buendia

5.Mcginn

6.Luiz

7. Archer

watkins in a 10 role?

Are u feeling ok brother?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Well, yes, agreed, but Kamara needs someone alongside him who’s better than McGinn and/or Ramsey. I hope we bring that player in, in this window. 

Ramsey is pretty good, and will only get better... To be fair . IMO

Although, possibly more of a CM/CAM than a box to box.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

5 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Providing we get lucky with injuries. A couple of injuries and we have more or less the same team as last season. That is not a position Purslow or Gerrard want imo

It was always going to be that way unless you want to revamp the whole squad.

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I agree, I don’t think he’s a number 8 either, he seems better playing further forward without that responsibility to stay central and get back to our own box. Maybe that will come with time though.

Edited by alreadyexists

19 hours ago, est1874 said:

It's going to come down to the individual

What are they in it for? Are they thinking purely of their career, of football, are they going to work hard to better themselves etc? Then they'll come to whatever club represents the best option. If they fancy being Billy Big Balls somewhere, if they've got their heads turned by the lifestyle, they'll probably prioritise a move to London. Even if it's to play for Palace or whoever.

I always think of James Milner as a perfect example when this debate comes up. He is often held up as a paragon of a "boring" player who was so dedicated to being the best player he could be that he eschewed the lifestyle: he's tee-total, he trains late, he doesn't wear flashy clothes etc.

Leeds, Newcastle, Villa (twice), Man Citeh, Liverpool. Has never played for a Landan team and never will.

Hm, what could possibly have attracted James Milner to Man City in the period 2010-2015 during the peak of his career when they were the richest and potentially most successful club around so that he didn’t make a move to London? If that financial offer had been made by Arsenal/Chelsea with the potential success on offer he’d have gone there as well. London or not. 

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually agree. The problem is, I think both McGinn and Ramsey would both like to play a little further forward. Maybe even in one of the ‘10’ positions. It leaves us so unbalanced because whoever is playing as the ‘6’ is left exposed. 

We need to get the balance right in there. If Bissouma and Phillips are off the cards, I don’t know who they’re going to bring in. I think Kamara will be a good addition but he’s a 22yr old in a new league. We can’t go into the season expecting him to just solve all of our issues. He has to have someone in there with him who is happy to help defensively and drop deeper to get the ball. McGinn in particular is awful at that and Ramsey wants to pick up the ball further up the pitch. 

They have to sort this out. 

• Like 3