Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Cheick Doucoure now being linked with Palace for £15m. Can't believe they'd get him that cheap, but a very good player regardless.

Outstanding rebuild they've done in the last two years. Flipped about three quarters of their squad round, not been in relegation danger and dropped their average age by about 6 years.

I’d imagine the draw of Playing under Vieira is as big as the Gerrard draw.

• Like 2

Villa ideally want to bring in an experienced prospect to provide competition and cover for Lucas Digne, the £25million January signing who will start next season as their No.1 choice at left-back.

A number of potential targets have been identified, though Nantes’ Quentin Merlin is not thought to be among them.

Edited by PaulMcGrath_5

22 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Cheick Doucoure now being linked with Palace for £15m. Can't believe they'd get him that cheap, but a very good player regardless.

Outstanding rebuild they've done in the last two years. Flipped about three quarters of their squad round, not been in relegation danger and dropped their average age by about 6 years.

And most likely average wage as well.

2 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I’d imagine the draw of Playing under Vieira is as big as the Gerrard draw.

Not sure you know, (maybe for a French player, but this doesn't include Doucoure, born in Mali and only went to France when he was 17) Vieria would have retired when he was 9 or 10. So he hardly saw the peak of him.

I think almost all current players will see Gerrard as someone who was one of the better players in the world fairly recently.

9 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think our ambitions are higher than Palaces. They have the London factor though.

Be surprised if we end up with a better midfielder than Doucoure. Hopefully!

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know nothing about him. Better than Kamara? 

Cant underestimate the pull of London. Which is quite a shame really!

I think kamara on a free is better value personally 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I know nothing about him. Better than Kamara? 

Cant underestimate the pull of London. Which is quite a shame really!

I never understand the 'London' pull.

I actively try and avoid going there. In fact, the only time I've been in the vicinity is going to Wembley.

Just now, Dante_Lockhart said:

I actively try and avoid going there. In fact, the only time I've been in the vicinity is going to Wembley.

Maybe but for a foreign player and the entourage/family its a lot more glamorous by reputation 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Maybe if you try it you would understand the London pull. I lived in London for about 6 years and i worked there for a further 10 years or so. It is a great city. Lots to do, great nightlife, great fun, bars & restaurants and easy access to travel around the world and some really nice places to live. 

Especially so if you're fit, young, and rich

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

London is UK.  I remember when I told someone in Miami I was from Birmingham and they thought I meant Alabama. 

Anyway back on topic -  I reckon left back next signing. 

9 minutes ago, weedman said:

Especially so if you're fit, young, and rich

In my experience young is the only prerequisite for enjoying London. I was neither fit nor rich but boy did I enjoy myself when I lived there. I burned out after 5 years though. Living there also helps. After about a month I figured out where to go to avoid the tourist trap pubs, clubs and restaurants. Going there for a weekend is a waste of time if you don't know your way around, what places to avoid and so on.