Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Transfer window hasn't even opened yet, apart from Wesley and Kalinic, I don't think we will have any trouble selling any of players that might be for sale, Hause, Guilbert, Targett, Trezeguet, El Ghazi, Davis, and potentially a few others will find new teams no danger, it's not as if any of them are footballing outcasts that haven't been playing football, they've all been playing, and doing pretty well as it happens, only exception is El Ghazi, but he will get a move of some sort just based on his reputation and how well he goal wise season before last.

Most players are sellable if the conditions are right, but for these players conditions aren’t great in some cases.

According to Spotrac Sanson has £48k which may not be huge but it’s close to €60k which I believe is quite high for Ligue 1?

Traore apparently has £78k which could turn buyers off.

Some only have 12 months left so could make sense for buyers to wait.

Targett and Davis shouldn’t be too difficult to sell as they’ve played regularly the whole season.

• Like 1

I'd personally be looking to keep Traore and move on El Ghazi and Trezeguet. I still like Traore and think he's a good wildcard, El Ghazi and Trez have had their chances now and shown themselves to be possibly more suited to football elsewhere in Europe. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Most players are sellable if the conditions are right, but for these players conditions aren’t great in some cases.

According to Spotrac Sanson has £48k which may not be huge but it’s close to €60k which I believe is quite high for Ligue 1?

Traore apparently has £78k which could turn buyers off.

Some only have 12 months left so could make sense for buyers to wait.

Targett and Davis shouldn’t be too difficult to sell as they’ve played regularly the whole season.

Yep. It's going to be a lot tougher than people think. Take Traore for example. His value is almost meaningless as nobody is going to pay those wages. We might value him at £15m but he's not going anywhere regardless. 
The club may have to take a fairly sizeable loss on some of these players in order to move them on. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

He did this 2 seasons ago as well. Surely people aren't falling for the clickbait linking him with us?

Aahhhh a breath of fresh air, you've been AWOL for ages it seems!

I've wondered where our favourite transfer rumour rubbishing, clickbait hating Kiwi has been?

For perspective though, wouldn't you have thought Diego Carlos and Kamara were " clickbait "? 🤔

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've wondered where our favourite transfer runour rubbishing, clickbait hating Kiwi has been?

For perspective though, wouldn't you have thought Diego Carlos and Kamara were " clickbait "? 🤔

The Bissouma stuff isn't clickbait. I would say it's fairly obvious we're in for him, or certainly in for him in the past. Like I say, I doubt he'll join anyway. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've wondered where our favourite transfer runour rubbishing, clickbait hating Kiwi has been?

Carlos happened without any fanfare didn't it? My usual cycle. Fantasy Premier League and Premier League season ends and I become hyperfocused on NRL and Fantasy NRL

Love the way the club does business since new owners

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The Bissouma stuff isn't clickbait. I would say it's fairly obvious we're in for him, or certainly in for him in the past. Like I say, I doubt he'll join anyway. 

Bet hedger

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Would be some losses on that list, very big ones. Cant imagine the club willing to accept nearly 10 million losses on Sanson and Traore in FFP times. It might be they might be kept around to get value for what we paid 

Wesley though I think we will have to accept nothing. I think he will be here until the end of his contract 

But those two wouldn't have 10m for FFP losses on them as the fee amortises each year.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Fire up the Koopmeiners train then

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, skarroki said:

I'd personally be looking to keep Traore and move on El Ghazi and Trezeguet. I still like Traore and think he's a good wildcard, El Ghazi and Trez have had their chances now and shown themselves to be possibly more suited to football elsewhere in Europe. 

I'm not fussed about getting rid of Traore, I have this weird feeling that Trez could actually work in Gerrard's system though.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Would be some losses on that list, very big ones. Cant imagine the club willing to accept nearly 10 million losses on Sanson and Traore in FFP times. It might be they might be kept around to get value for what we paid 

Wesley though I think we will have to accept nothing. I think he will be here until the end of his contract 

In FFP times the losses on Sanson and Traore would be fairly low. Selling traore for 8m would be about breakeven and Sanson for 8m would be about 2m/3m. Throw in the savings on wages and it looks like a very good move from an FFP perspective

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

In FFP times the losses on Sanson and Traore would be fairly low. Selling traore for 8m would be about breakeven and Sanson for 8m would be about 2m/3m. Throw in the savings on wages and it looks like a very good move from an FFP perspective

Also, removing Sanson and Traore from our accounts would remove a budgeted 10m loss per season for the next two seasons which will put us in a much healthier place and give us more leverage in the next few transfer windows