Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, villa4europe said:

The argument is that his actual job is to get you to click on the page and bring traffic to their website

Its not to be right (although you can argue the 2 go hand in hand) 

Bullshit with panache 

They're all the same 

I agree with your first three parts to an extent. But their model is not an HITC clickbait model - it’s supposed to be more considered.

To the last part I disagree entirely - that’s like saying “all plumbers are the same” or “all teachers are the same”. There are always some people much better at their jobs than others.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Gregory seems to be implying that we are considering suarez, alvarez (dont see how that happens as he is a city player unless its a loan) and eddie nkiteh from arsenal

Gregory?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Gregory seems to be implying that we are considering suarez, alvarez (dont see how that happens as he is a city player unless its a loan) and eddie nkiteh from arsenal

I think you've read it wrong (maybe I have) but I think he's saying we're considering Suarez and in the past we have looked at Alvarez and Nketiah.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Suarez is the only one that we have a chance of getting. Like you said alvarez is a city player now and nkiteh is negotiating a 5 year contract with arsenal. 

2 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

I think you've read it wrong (maybe I have) but I think he's saying we're considering Suarez and in the past we have looked at Alvarez and Nketiah.

Yeah the way he worded it implied that we were after alvarez but he must be talking abiyt the martinez comments.  Its probably just to get more clicks

37 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Isn’t it just one of those Tony Cascarino says Villa/Newcastle could be good for Bale type “links” rather than based on any actual inside info?

Noel Whelan is usually the go to for Villa transfers :D 

Nketiah would be a disastrous signing.

He needs to go and play every week somewhere and figure out if he wants to be a PL player.

Got such an 'arsenal' vibe about him. That is not a good thing.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

City love buying and selling players at a markup. Not normally with no loan in between though.

See: Luiz and Angelino

Edited by HalfTimePost

30 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'd have Giroud in a heartbeat. 

If Gerrard continues with his style and formation then Giroud wouldn’t be the right striker for it.  I agree about how good he is but buying him would be strange given how we play so it would be a no for me.  No point buying players that don’t fit the system despite how good they are.

30 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I'm causing quite the stir. 

I still can't find anything in the Everton forums about us being in talks for Richarlison before you posted it here...  Got a link?

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I would think the longer this drags on the lower the price Brighton will get. They will be desperate to sell before the window closes to avoid losing him on a free. I suspect that is the reason there are no bids in for him as buying clubs want Brighton to be under pressure to sell

Fair point, they'll probably drop their asking price in July sometime when nobody bids having heard their current asking price.