Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

31 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Or the opposite, given he's been right about lots of things in past 12 months I've had an Athletic subscription. 

I assume the reason lots of people dislike him is to do with him being a Baggies fan and not the information he's pumped out while part of The Athletic. Like being the one guy who said consistently Grealish would be sold if £100m was bid.

He's also known key bits of info about what's happening in training at VP too. Calling that Young would play 10 in early games under Gerrard. Shows he clearly has information from sources at the club. I believe his sources in relation to transfers is mainly who is on the shortlist and he doesn't have inside info about deals getting done so never gets to break them first. 

Are you serious? I cancelled my subscription because he was about as informed as most Villa fans so I was getting no more insight than anywhere else.  Since then fans have dropped his stuff on this forum and joked about him, and his tweets are just speculative, as wrong as they are right.  You may pick out a few examples where he is right but there is just as many where he is off base, he’s no more informed as many on here.  Not worth the subscription.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Can he defend though? He was an attacking midfielder converted and the Belgian league isnt the strongest attacking wise as we have seen before e.g Samatta, Wes

And he still managed 11 Assists! Must have put it on a plate for them 😂

No idea on defending. But where we're going, we don't need defending 😭

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Are you serious? I cancelled my subscription because he was about as informed as most Villa fans so I was getting no more insight than anywhere else.  Since then fans have dropped his stuff on this forum and joked about him, and his tweets are just speculative, as wrong as they are right.  You may pick out a few examples where he is right but there is just as many where he is off base, he’s no more informed as many on here.  Not worth the subscription.

He hasnt a clue, a bluffer of the highest order, him and Preece are out of there depth. The Athletic are also not the great journlists they think they are as well

A smugness from nothing 

• Like 3

Richarlson ?? No thank you ! Never been impressed by him ever. Sulky fecker who spends half his time on his arse à la Drogba looking for fouls.

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

So many people just want to see things in binary, love/hate there are only two columns for everything. People, footballers, anything. I hate that, I hate him, he is useless, he is brilliant etc..

No, he never provided anything more informed than I can get free anywhere else.  He was just as wrong as he was right on any inside knowledge.  I don’t hate him, just seems to mugging a job as a Villa insider rather than somebody who just reports the basics from Villa from the official interviews that we all have access to.

Just now, Zatman said:

He hasnt a clue, a bluffer of the highest order, him and Preece are out of there depth. The Athletic are also not the great journlists they think they are as well

A smugness from nothing 

I hear Athletic have some journos that are better or at least have good inside knowledge of other clubs, but we just don’t have the equivalent at Villa with Gregg from them.  Unfortunately we only care about Villa info so the Athletic isn’t great for Villa fans.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

No, hold on.

He said Dwight McNeil was our top target. He was great for us last season I think.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Are we sleepwalking on the RB position.

An injury to Cash and what strength in depth do we have there.

Guilbert and Kesler-Hayden?

Ezri. But not sure he’s capable of doing what Cash does and is likely out til September. Don’t think we’ll ever see Guilbert in a Villa shirt again.

4 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Ezri. But not sure he’s capable of doing what Cash does and is likely out til September. Don’t think we’ll ever see Guilbert in a Villa shirt again.

makes sense to get KKH at BMH and have a good look at him before we decide what to do with him, easy to see him staying or going

chambers as worst case

for us to have a RB problem we'd need cash out, KKH loaned out, guilbert sold and then 2x CBs out injured so that chambers and konsa have to play there instead or those 2 injured, even then in theory we could stick young there assuming he's staying, its a lot of fuckaboutery but for a few games a year we'd get away with it

Edited by villa4europe

Really like the Sergio Gomez links. Can’t say I’d ever heard of him, but his returns look great, and looking at a video of him he reminds me of a young, quicker Digne. Get it done. 

21 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Richarlson ?? No thank you ! Never been impressed by him ever. Sulky fecker who spends half his time on his arse à la Drogba looking for fouls.

We aren't actually linked to him. Everton fan forum creating rumours now is hilarious

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

No, hold on.

He said Dwight McNeil was our top target. He was great for us last season I think.

I see the problem for all the people who hate him. He gets information about targets we are considering. So 80% of the players he mentions will never sign for us. Thus everyone says "he gets nothing right", "knows nothing" look he linked us to Hickey, McNeil, Ward-Prowse, Tarkowski and we signed none of them. 

• Haha 1

Richarlison's numbers are similar to Watkins'. I know there's probably nowt it in but I don't see the point.

If we get another forward, his primary attributes need to be movement, decision making and finishing, because next season's Villa team will be creating plenty of chances.

7 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I'd have Ward-Prowse in a heartbeat. By a country mile the standout player for Shampton last season.

Imagine swapping him for Mcginn in this seasons team, holding onto the ball and keeping our passing moves going. 

Obviously you would lose some of his attributes but its 100% an upgrade in the way we want to play. 

Having said all that, not a chance for the 40-50 million they would want.

Edited by AVFCDAN

1 minute ago, Villaphan04 said:

Getting Sergio Gómez would be fantastic — can provide cover for multiple positions & has enormous potential. Yes please  

Never heard of him, but seems to have decent potential so could turn out to be a good signing for the right price.  Come in as back up for Digne with the aim of learning under him and replacing him eventually.

16 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We aren't actually linked to him. Everton fan forum creating rumours now is hilarious

To be honest I think that is @Delphinho123 on here and on the Everton forum that is creating the links.