Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

51 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Buendia is better than both in that 10 position.

Richarlison bit ahead of Watkins technically, Watkins ahead in every other part of being a PL striker.

Finishing?

Richarlison scored that one on one v Chelsea no problem which effectively kept Everton up while Ollie missed a similar one v Wolves. Better penalty taker than Ollie aswell for sure.

I think if we did get him we'd try to shift Ings and rotate the two of them. Hopefully we'll play 4-2-3-1 for a few games next season aswell.

Only issue though is if Gerrard really is looking for more possesion based game then wouldn't say Richarlison is obvious pick as he thrives more on end to end chaos games as Everton tended to have for pretty much all of the last two months.

That said we really really need a Bowen type wide forward so given he's played in prem for 5 years now he probably seems most realistic of what's available.

Edited by VillaChris

Richarlison is a quality player, good technique and hard working. He’s been rumoured to clubs such as PSG and the like previously for 70-80m so would probably cost a lot.

Trying to see how Watkins and Richarlison could play together. Would probably take another season for them to get to know each others style though.

Richarlison would be a very good signing. A proper gutsy battler which we don’t have enough of quite frankly. Could see him playing in lieu of Ings alongside Watkins as a front two. I don’t think we will see Coutinho and Buendia together every game so two forwards would work. You wouldn’t get much more dangerous industry from a forward pairing than Watkins and Richarlison, he can play deep lying too as he is a good ball carrier.

Can I dare imagine we might sell Ings (a player/cash deal for Bissouma) and buy Richarlison AND sign Suarez? Wow.

Apparently Arsenal, Spurs and Real covet him too though….

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If Richarlison can offer us something similar to Watkins, but help us keep the ball better in attack when we’re moving up the field, then I’m all for it.

He doesn't unfortunately. 3 goals and 2 assists in 19 as a CF is way below Watkins, even though his work around the box may be better. 

• Like 1

The only thing I'm worried about is how he'd fit in positionally. He's like Traore who's an inside forward and never quite looks at home in our formation. Unless we plan to play him up front on his own, which he doesn't excel at, I don't see how he fits in. I'd love him here though as he's better than most of what we've got up front.

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Finishing?

Richarlison scored that one on one v Chelsea no problem which effectively kept Everton up while Ollie missed a similar one v Wolves. Better penalty taker than Ollie aswell for sure.

I think if we did get him we'd try to shift Ings and rotate the two of them. Hopefully we'll play 4-2-3-1 for a few games next season aswell.

Right you are.

I'll stick that under my 'Technical' umbrella :D

With the ball, Richarlison, without the ball, Watkins.

I really don't think it's a good buy for over £50m, which he will be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

The only thing I'm worried about is how he'd fit in positionally. He's like Traore who's an inside forward and never quite looks at home in our formation. Unless we plan to play him up front on his own, which he doesn't excel at, I don't see how he fits in. I'd love him here though as he's better than most of what we've got up front.

Maybe with Beale moving on we'll see a change of shape. With a 4-2-3-1 we'd get the best out of Bailey, Traore and hypothetically Richarlison as well as allowing us to have both Buendia and Coutinho on the pitch at the same time. Buendia could obviously play the 10 role as well.

• Like 4

Just now, YouUnastanFren said:

Maybe with Beale moving on we'll see a change of shape. With a 4-2-3-1 we'd get the best out of Bailey, Traore and hypothetically Richarlison as well as allowing us to have both Buendia and Coutinho on the pitch at the same time. Buendia could obviously play the 10 role as well.

Really hope so. Kind of hate how limiting the formation is.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

ah missed out the interesting part! 

🤔 wonder what's later?

- Bassey done?

- Carlos fell through?

- Hause sold?

- Botman?

Must mean later this week :lol:

Been a while since I've slagged him off. Too long in fact.

What a tool he is. Can't stand him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We play 2 up top an awful lot, he can slot right in as the support striker or the target man. Or the wider player in a 3. Or as a different kind of 10 to either Coutinho or Buendia. 

Geezer is 25 and has 34 caps for Brazil with 13 goals. We'd work it out I reckon. 

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

We play 2 up top an awful lot, he can slot right in as the support striker or the target man. Or the wider player in a 3. Or as a different kind of 10 to either Coutinho or Buendia. 

Geezer is 25 and has 34 caps for Brazil with 13 goals. We'd work it out I reckon. 

We definitely can, but he won't be as effective as we know he can be as a 10 or as a target man. He would be ideal as the player wide left in a 3, but I can't remember us playing with a 3 up front under Gerrard.

He did work well with DCL in a 2 though, but I wonder how much our use of that formation was down to Gerrard not being comfortable with both Coutinho and Buendia on the pitch at the same time.

55 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

As a club we've got to move beyond this mindset of having a first XI and not thinking much beyond it. 

Richarlison doesn't necessarily 'replace' anyone, he's a different kind of player to anyone we currently possess. For what it's worth, he's also younger than Watkins, there's still room for him to grow and become an even better, more consistent, performer. He's still untapped to a degree.

I'm biased because I love (to hate) him already, but I honestly think we'd be much better off with more Richarlison's in the squad. He's rabid. 

He is one of the most annoying players in the league and winds me up non stop (almost Zaha levels) and we need more of that so yes please. Don’t think he replaces any of the front 3 straight away but is fit to challenge all 3. Let’s sign the absolute 🔔.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Some fella on an Everton forum reckons he’s heard we’re in talks with Richarlison. Certainly fits the player profile (he’s Brazilian, basically) but will be expensive.

Can’t see it myself and not sure he’s any better than Watkins. Certainly won’t be bringing him, or any other high profile striker for that matter, unless Ings or Watkins are sold.

Where is the link to this?  Just checked their forums and I don't see anything like this...  There is speculation by one guy who wants to sell Richarlison/others and try to moneyball their team, but nothing about us mentioned.  

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

We definitely can, but he won't be as effective as we know he can be as a 10 or as a target man. He would be ideal as the player wide left in a 3, but I can't remember us playing with a 3 up front under Gerrard.

He did work well with DCL in a 2 though, but I wonder how much our use of that formation was down to Gerrard not being comfortable with both Coutinho and Buendia on the pitch at the same time.

I think as much as anything I want him because he's different to what we have, rather than him slotting in as a direct replacement for anybody in particular. I think we can all agree he'd be a massive upgrade on Traore. 

If I'm honest I find the link ludicrous. But then, Coutinho etc etc. 

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I think as much as anything I want him because he's different to what we have, rather than him slotting in as a direct replacement for anybody in particular. I think we can all agree he'd be a massive upgrade on Traore. 

If I'm honest I find the link ludicrous. But then, Coutinho etc etc. 

Oh I'd absolutely love him. I'd just hate to spend north of 30/40m and have another Ings scenario (another player I loved before Villa).

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He no longer counts as Premier League :D 

Maybe, but I'd loved to smash his face in, endlessly for days, weeks, months and years, I detest him more than any other player 😁

• Like 1

Didn’t Everton once turn down a massive bid from Barcelona? Or am I thinking of someone else? 

I’d like Richarlson but can’t see it happening. Also quite surprised how many fans on here like the sound of us signing him. I’d have thought his antics would have put a lot of people off,