Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Imagine our attacking options next season being Coutinho, Buendia, Watkins, Ings and Richarlison and going nah, not sure about that. 

Would never be me. 

Imagine it with Lewandowski, Messi and Salah though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

If Ings is  (allegedly) part of a swap deal plus cash  for Bissouma then I say take Richarlison

I reckon that we need a forward who can bang them in and be clinical...can you imagine where we would have finished in the table if we had someone who could finish even half the chances we made.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Some fella on an Everton forum reckons he’s heard we’re in talks with Richarlison. Certainly fits the player profile (he’s Brazilian, basically) but will be expensive.

Can’t see it myself and not sure he’s any better than Watkins. Certainly won’t be bringing him, or any other high profile striker for that matter, unless Ings or Watkins are sold.

Got a link please? Thanks.

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Richarlison is better than what we've got, other than Coutinho when on form, Buendia has potential to be better but hasn't shown it yet, anyone that disagrees with that is a uninformed deluded stat sucker. Would be an amazing signing.

And therein would lie my concern

He'd be north of £50m and I'm not sold on his form and consistency hence I don't think he's the answer, I bet when he plays for Brazil he's good, if he signed for a CL team he'd be good, is he good for Everton every week? would he be good for villa every week? I don't see it 

He's like a better version of leeds' Raphinha

9 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I reckon that we need a forward who can bang them in and be clinical...can you imagine where we would have finished in the table if we had someone who could finish even half the chances we made.

If we finished half of our chances we’d win the league, but the same goes for every PL team. Villa score about as many goals as expected compared to the number of chances.

Villa don’t create an enormous amount of chances, we’re very much midtable in that respect.

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Imagine our attacking options next season being Coutinho, Buendia, Watkins, Ings and Richarlison and going nah, not sure about that. 

Would never be me. 

With 5 subs as well next season teams will need depth like this or they'll just get overrun at the end of games by the top teams that do, even moreso than previously.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Some fella on an Everton forum reckons he’s heard we’re in talks with Richarlison. Certainly fits the player profile (he’s Brazilian, basically) but will be expensive.

Can’t see it myself and not sure he’s any better than Watkins. Certainly won’t be bringing him, or any other high profile striker for that matter, unless Ings or Watkins are sold.

I actually think he'd be a good fit in our team for what we're building.

Showed end of last season he can cause problems centrally but best out left in a three. Really could've done with that type last summer.

People don't rate him much on here it seems but he's one of those that would become big crowd favourite once he scored a couple with his niggly style of play winding up the opposition.

He's been linked to a few CL/europa clubs so can't see us signing him.