Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I see Richarlison fitting in as a wide forward, rather than the sole striker. Although he can do that. I think he’d be a slight improvement on Watkins and as we get better as a team, slight improvements will be what we’re looking for. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Buendia is better than both in that 10 position.

Richarlison bit ahead of Watkins technically, Watkins ahead in every other part of being a PL striker.

I guess we’d have to see if he signs. 👍

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Delphinho has to go support his namesake. 

he will be lost next month when he is released and wont find another club again :P  

Apparently, Tuesdays are all the rage on the Everton forums. Not my cup of tea at all. 

38 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Posting due to the separate discussions on Ings and Richarlison. According to FBRef, here are the closest comparable strikers to Danny Ings in the Premier League this year. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 3.28.34 PM.png

A real who's who that list.

• Haha 1

It would be a very meh signing Richarlison, I wouldnt go over 30 million for him and thats being generous. A purple patch at the end of the season has made his goal record look better

He would be OK but is he better than Watkins/Ings, I am not sure and if it is its only slight upgrade if anything

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Posting due to the separate discussions on Ings and Richarlison. According to FBRef, here are the closest comparable strikers to Danny Ings in the Premier League this year. 

Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 3.28.34 PM.png

I’d have put Danny Ings at number one tbh ;)

Just now, Zatman said:

It would be a very meh signing Richarlison, I wouldnt go over 30 million for him and thats being generous. A purple patch at the end of the season has made his goal record look better

He would be OK but is he better than Watkins/Ings, I am not sure and if it is its only slight upgrade if anything

It'll actually be quite funny if we sign him for £50m. As MON as it comes...but with 2022 silly football prices.

Of all the strikers in the world, would Lange go for Richarlison? Wants sacking if so.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is this the guy who has been spot on so far this window?

Aside form that, I DO really like Richarlison as a player.

Would add even more " pashun " , bite, bastardry and dark arts.

He always puts in a proper shift every time I've seen him.

He loves attention. Wants to get people excited.

Definitely knows someone or something, but he's got plenty wrong and deletes his tweets afterwards.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

As a club we've got to move beyond this mindset of having a first XI and not thinking much beyond it. 

Richarlison doesn't necessarily 'replace' anyone, he's a different kind of player to anyone we currently possess. For what it's worth, he's also younger than Watkins, there's still room for him to grow and become an even better, more consistent, performer. He's still untapped to a degree.

I'm biased because I love (to hate) him already, but I honestly think we'd be much better off with more Richarlison's in the squad. He's rabid. 

While I agree abut the first XI but any player that comes in really should be better than what we have as thats how you build the squad and make it better

Richarlison is better than what we've got, other than Coutinho when on form, Buendia has potential to be better but hasn't shown it yet, anyone that disagrees with that is a uninformed deluded stat sucker. Would be an amazing signing.

Just now, Zatman said:

While I agree abut the first XI but any player that comes in really should be better than what we have as thats how you build the squad and make it better

Problem is depending on position, and he can fill a few of them, you're going to find it hard pushed to find better than Buendia or Coutinho. I'd take him over Ings, no question, probably Watkins too.

If we're going with 3/4 attackers every week in some kind of fashion, we're going to need numbers.