Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m still hoping we sign a captain figure! I really feel we need a brilliant captain in this team.  

I love Mings and I think he’s a great ambassador but not convinced re the on-field captain role.  

I don’t see any of the other players being that captain figure either and with Gerrard banging on about mentality, which I agree with, I think we need that player on the pitch that others look to and I currently don’t see that.

Why don’t you think Mings is captain material? Just curious. 

30 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

I just had a nosey and it seems that they both have the same management team ,I did not know that

Gerrard’s agents are Wasserman and Mings is with Jay Z’s Roc Nation agency… Think Mings used to be with Wasserman. 

Edited by thabucks

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

I believe Newcastle are interested in him too. An advantage of us doing our business early and giving Sevilla a few quid means they are in a much better to fend off our PL competition from buying their other star players on the cheap. Its lovely to see our club as the ones that get it right. Our transfer window is looking like the Man Utd transfer windows when SAF was there. Quick, decisive, quality signings and picking up the out of contract star player for free that lots of clubs wanted. The latter half of June and July and Aug will be quite boring for Villa fans. I am already looking forward to Jan to see the players we pick up after the world Cup :)

I've seen people saying it..... Carlos is a left sided centre back remember

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

There are loads of minor reasons that on there own aren’t enough but compiled together just make me feel he’s not the on-field captain we need.  I think he’s a fabulous ambassador off the field for both Villa and his causes but on the field he sorts the defence out and keeps talking which is all great but a captain needs to have more.  I also think he needs to refocus on his own game for a bit game to help with that but that doesn’t really come into my reasoning why I want a different captain.  It seems from the rumours that Gerrard will be changing the captain as well,so maybe he might have similar thoughts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I think Mings will be removed as captain. It might benefit him, less pressure. He was much better season before when Grealish was captain.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Richarlison has an exceptional attitude, he can come across as a bit sulky with refs, but the lad puts in a serious, serious shift every game. 

In a side full of stinking pre-maddonas at Everton, he literally died on his sword pretty much every game when they were in relegation trouble. He was lauded by their fans for being the only one who seemed to care at one stage (along with Pickford). 

I agree. Instrumental keeping them up and in a better team I think he could be brilliant. I love his attitude and think he'd be perfect for us to lead the line. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Suarez deal is done and that Steven Gerrard's Agent has been in talks with Roma about their interest in Tyrone Ming's according to Calciomercato in Italy this evening

I reckon Ming's is on his way out personally.

Not sure Roma will take him as Smalling plays LCB and I don't think they'd play both. Unless Smalling is leaving of course. 

46 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I think the confused face might be, because your comment on his post doesn't seem to correspond with anything in his post mate. Lol

Think you might have misread, misquoted or responded to the wrong post?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

It’s safe to say we’ve come a long way 

PP6dTRS_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&

I see this pop up every now and again. Christ, it’s bad. At the time, I didn’t think it was, but my god, that’s a dreadful side.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Just because he played on the left side for sevilla doesn't mean he can't play on the right for us. He is right footed after all. 

• Like 1

It's a bad side relative to what we have now, but that line-up for the Sheffield Wednesday game isn't that bad by championship standards, at least for the time, Gollini, Westwood, Ayew, Amavi, and Grealish went on to have careers playing top flight football, Elphick had just captained Bournemouth to promotion, Hutton and Cissokho were experience Premier League players, and Gested and McCormack were proven goal scorers at championship level, even Gary Gardner had been decent on his loans to championship clubs.

Of course some of those players' careers went pretty much down hill from there, but the perception of them was different at the time.

Edited by useless
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Not sure Roma will take him as Smalling plays LCB and I don't think they'd play both. Unless Smalling is leaving of course. 

play 3 at the back a lot of times as well

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

There are loads of minor reasons that on there own aren’t enough but compiled together just make me feel he’s not the on-field captain we need.  I think he’s a fabulous ambassador off the field for both Villa and his causes but on the field he sorts the defence out and keeps talking which is all great but a captain needs to have more.  I also think he needs to refocus on his own game for a bit game to help with that but that doesn’t really come into my reasoning why I want a different captain.  It seems from the rumours that Gerrard will be changing the captain as well,so maybe he might have similar thoughts.

What are the minor reasons then?

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I see this pop up every now and again. Christ, it’s bad. At the time, I didn’t think it was, but my god, that’s a dreadful side.

Looking at the side and what the players in the team have done since (Gollini aside as he was just a kid).  I bet Ayew was thinking wtf am I doing here?!