Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Would happily have him in our squad ahead of Watkins.  Got that little nasty streak as well that’s sometimes needed.

Great player and would add to our squad. However, I hate the constant diving and feigning injury.

Just now, CarryOnVilla said:

For £55m we could get Carlos’s partner 

I believe Newcastle are interested in him too. An advantage of us doing our business early and giving Sevilla a few quid means they are in a much better to fend off our PL competition from buying their other star players on the cheap. Its lovely to see our club as the ones that get it right. Our transfer window is looking like the Man Utd transfer windows when SAF was there. Quick, decisive, quality signings and picking up the out of contract star player for free that lots of clubs wanted. The latter half of June and July and Aug will be quite boring for Villa fans. I am already looking forward to Jan to see the players we pick up after the world Cup :)

Suarez deal is done and that Steven Gerrard's Agent has been in talks with Roma about their interest in Tyrone Ming's according to Calciomercato in Italy this evening

I reckon Ming's is on his way out personally.

2 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Suarez deal is done and that Steven Gerrard's Agent has been in talks with Roma about their interest in Tyrone Ming's according to Calciomercato in Italy this evening

I reckon Ming's is on his way out personally.

I want Tyrone to stay, but if he were to go, I'd much rather it be somehwere like that, overseas.

Couldn't bare him lining up for another PL club.

I reckon he could thrive in Rome.

However, why would Gerrard's agent be in talks with Roma about a move for Tyrone?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I want Tyrone to stay, but if he were to go, I'd much rather it be somehwere like that, overseas.

However, why would Gerrard's agent be in talks with Roma about a move for Tyrone?

Not to mention, Italian papers aren't exactly concerned with reporting the truth. 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol Calciomercato is one of the most unreliable “sources” out there. 

Edited by Aston_Villan4

27 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I'd take Richarlison all day. Think he's a great CF, just needs the right team..

For me he is the Brazilian Ross barcley , hate the guys attitude

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Assuming he will, he has been such a key player for us.

Kind of annoying how so many people are just assuming Ty is on the way out just because we’ve signed Carlos.

Hardly anyone assuming that the plan is maybe to have a rock solid and physically dominant CB partnership by pairing them together!

Mings will be even better and less prone to errors (which tbh are massively exaggerated by way too many people) with the kind of support a player of Carlos’ stature can bring.

He’s had to take on a lot for this team imo (we’ve always been shit when he hasn’t played). Our leader and organiser, always busts a gut to block shots etc.

I expect an even better Mings next season along with a much better side overall.

A more solid and resilient midfield, that is better and calmer in possession, and defence will help us massively and up the performance levels of most if not all of our existing players.

We don’t need to discard key players, just improve overall and give them more help.

I don't think anybody has suggested that because we signed Carlos we will sell Mings. The discussions have been that if we buy another CB eg Tarkowski, then it will look like Mings is on the way out

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

However, why would Gerrard's agent be in talks with Roma about a move for Tyrone

I just had a nosey and it seems that they both have the same management team ,I did not know that

I’m still hoping we sign a captain figure! I really feel we need a brilliant captain in this team.  

I love Mings and I think he’s a great ambassador but not convinced re the on-field captain role.  

I don’t see any of the other players being that captain figure either and with Gerrard banging on about mentality, which I agree with, I think we need that player on the pitch that others look to and I currently don’t see that.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I’m still hoping we sign a captain figure! I really feel we need a brilliant captain in this team.  

I love Mings and I think he’s a great ambassador but not convinced re the on-field captain role.  

I don’t see any of the other players being that captain figure either and with Gerrard banging on about mentality, which I agree with, I think we need that player on the pitch that others look to and I currently don’t see that.

You really don’t think Martinez could be that player?

Just now, Aston_Villan4 said:

You really don’t think Martinez could be that player?

Never been a fan of goalkeepers being captains for many reasons from things like distance to the ref, being able to communicate to all players and not only when we are defending, liaising with the bench and then leading by example outfield. I have many other reasons but in essence I think Emi is great but I don’t like keepers being captains.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, pete101 said:

For me he is the Brazilian Ross barcley , hate the guys attitude

Richarlison has an exceptional attitude, he can come across as a bit sulky with refs, but the lad puts in a serious, serious shift every game. 

In a side full of stinking pre-maddonas at Everton, he literally died on his sword pretty much every game when they were in relegation trouble. He was lauded by their fans for being the only one who seemed to care at one stage (along with Pickford). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Personally, I like the captain to be a DCM. He has a good view of the game and is in a position to bark orders at everyone on the pitch. I don't see Kamara or Bissouma as captains, at least not in the next few years, so that leaves somewhere else on the pitch. Tarkowski would probably be in with a shout of the role if we sign him, other than that and by process of elimination it would be Mings as captain imo

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Give it Cashy till end oft season...

12 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Never been a fan of goalkeepers being captains for many reasons from things like distance to the ref, being able to communicate to all players and not only when we are defending, liaising with the bench and then leading by example outfield. I have many other reasons but in essence I think Emi is great but I don’t like keepers being captains.

Makes sense to me.

• Thanks 1