Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I suspect Purslow is more than happy to go on trips like that, doesn’t have to mean contracts are about to be signed.

Maybe he is hoping to put a crazy roof on Villa Park like they've got there when we redevelop.  I'd love it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

This is probably the the most ridiculous nonsense I've read on this site in weeks.

So managers shouldn't be allowed sing players to take the club forward? Klopp signed his entire team to get them to win things. Guardiola has done this twice. Smith over course of 2 seasons signed 15+ players. 

But no, Gerrard wants some new players and no he needs to be a Director of Football. Seriously, what utter utter nonsense. Complete utter nonsense

I've actually been unable to log into my account for the past hour.

I wanted to log in for the sole purpose of responding to that.

We are making shit up as we go along. lol

They would hate the likes of Conte and Mourinho then.

Imagine a Premier League Manager, wanting to sign players to compete in the league? Complete Charlatan!

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Wan Bissaka makes Targett look like prime Roberto Carlos. He is **** awful once he goes over the halfway line 

But is also probably the best defensive right back in the world 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Gerrard signed 38 players at Rangers in 3 seasons. 

Klopp signed 43 players in 6 seasons and Guardiola has signed 35 in a similar time 

I'm pretty sure we can find a League 2 or Non League Manager who's signed more than all of them together combined....

I wonder if quality/ value/ necessity might correlate with numbers?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

13 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

It's as if Euro 2020 didn't even happen, honestly. 

Also, 80% of the reason half the Leeds squad are injury prone is because that bucket sitting binman completely ruined them. 

And he looked out if his depth in that tournament playing in a back 7

Somehow won England player of the tournament 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

He was class, didn't look out of his depth at all, was arguably also our best central midfielder going forward, was player of the tournament in a competition in which we reached the final and around 65.99 million people would disagree with you. 

Other than that.... yeah mate, course. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Do you make your mind up about a player then only see what your opinion is? 

He played really well in the Euros. Didn’t look out of his depth at all.

3 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He was class, didn't look out of his depth at all, was arguably also our best central midfielder going forward, was player of the tournament in a competition in which we reached the final and around 65.99 million people would disagree with you. 

Other than that.... yeah mate, course. 

Since I am not English I consider myself an impartial opinion on it. 

As i said for me he is a clogger and hardly worth 53 million more than Nakamba. Actually i would value them similar its how much i dont rate him. Will be found out next season 

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I remember the game England were chasing a goal and the opposition just let him have the ball outside the box as he was so clueless

Just now, Zatman said:

As i said for me he is a clogger and hardly worth 53 million more than Nakamba. Actually i would value them similar its how much i dont rate him. Will be found out next season 

I’m not English either and I completely disagree. Also my best is a Leeds fan so watches him every minute. Thinks he is way too good for Leeds. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I agree he was great in the Euros. The question is if he can become that good again, would feel nervous about spending big on someone who hasn’t performed after his latest injury.

Just now, VillaParkAvenue said:

I agree he was great in the Euros. The question is if he can become that good again, would feel nervous about spending big on someone who hasn’t performed after his latest injury.

Agree. I think he’s risky as well but if can get him cheap due to relegation then maybe worth the risk. 

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Philips would be a superb signing if he wasn’t so injury prone. 

Apart from this season, his injury record isn't that bad. Played an average of 40 games a season between 2017 - 2020 in the championship and 29 games last season in the Premier league, plus 7 in the Euros.

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I'm not a huge fan of Phillips but that's factually wrong. He was excellent don't be ridiculous

• Thanks 1

To be fair him and rice together in an English midfield is shit but that's Southgate for you, read either clubs message boards or the social media and you'll see them moaning about how each player is used and how it's not their club role

And the injury thing, it's been said before he's not really injury prone, he's just had a couple of big ones, he's not out with niggly injuries that he can't shake 

And he's more than good enough for our midfield it's the price tag that would scare me off, even if they go down and are financially **** if be surprised if he was sold under £50m 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

:lol: Come off it, you can pretty much guarantee that you hate anyone who has played for England, Liverpool or Barcelona.  There is no way Phillips was out of his depth at the Euros.  While it was turgid to watch, the midfield played a huge part in us getting to the final.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm pretty sure we can find a League 2 or Non League Manager who's signed more than all of them together combined....

I wonder if quality/necessity might correlate with numbers?

When we first came up we needed numbers just to field a viable team. Gerrard was in a similar rebuilding job at Rangers. Klopp and Pep have basically been maintaining and improving on already extremely good squads. 

Our situation now is greatly improved from the one we were in 3 seasons ago. Whilst the squad isn’t of the quality of Liverpool and Man City’s it now needs to add quality not quantity. We have some valuable assets which we can move on for good fees and our ffp situation after 3 seasons has also improved. The additional pulling power of Gerrard and Coutinho also means we can attract players that we couldn’t previously. People using this as an excuse to attack our manager is as bizarre as it is stupid and nonsensical.

For the first time in my life we are serious big  hitters in the transfer market. We used to be dismissed or laughed at when Doug Ellis used to feed rumours to the press about the likes of Bergkamp joining us. Now that’s changed and people on here are seeing it as a negative and trying to use it as a stick to beat the manager with. We’re suppose to try and compete with the likes of the Manchester clubs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham etc. with one hand tied behind our backs? Do any of those clubs celebrate a bit less when they finish higher in the league, compete in Europe or lift trophies because they spent a fortune to do it? Small time mentality like that is part of the problem at our club and seems to be rife on this forum. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

:lol: Come off it, you can pretty much guarantee that you hate anyone who has played for England, Liverpool or Barcelona.  There is no way Phillips was out of his depth at the Euros.  While it was turgid to watch, the midfield played a huge part in us getting to the final.

Hate is such a harsh word. I dont hate anybody from these teams ok except maybe Klopp but everybody knows he is a rocket polisher 😉

They are easily the 3 most overhyped teams on the planet though in Liverpool case this time the hype is fine