Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I see people say stuff like this all the time, but I don't care you make the offer to the club and offer the best you can to the player...... make them say no

He has agreed a contract with Milan and Lille are looking for United to enter to make a bidding war

Why would he choose us over them 2 options

How can you say we won't make many signings finishing 14th , either the squad is not good enough or the manager is not getting the best out of them simple as that.Our owners have backed our management it's time they delivered.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He has agreed a contract with Milan and Lille are looking for United to enter to make a bidding war

Why would he choose us over them 2 options

Man Utd may not be after him....

As for AC Milan there are loads of reasons for him to join them over us but we can always out bid them on wages or the fee.

13 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Man Utd may not be after him....

As for AC Milan there are loads of reasons for him to join them over us but we can always out bid them on wages or the fee.

I cant think of any reasons he would choose us over them his ex teammate is in goal at Milan also plus Champions League . Even the Gerrard factor doesnt come into since Paolo Maldini has been personally chasing Botman

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I cant think of any reasons he would choose us over them his ex teammate is in goal at Milan also plus Champions League . Even the Gerrard factor doesnt come into since Paolo Maldini has been personally chasing Botman

fee and wages..... like I already said

Bremer was looked at by Chelsea last summer.

Their number one target this summer appears to be Jules Kounde however.

Tarkowski hit a great ball down the line first half for McNeil. He's certainly underrated but him and Mings would feel a bit similar so not sure it's the right time to sign him, could understand more in summer 2019 when we needed more prem experience.

Was just thinking with CBs....didn't Newcastle go in strong for Diego Carlos in January?

IIRC he seriously considered it and Sevilla model is to cash in on players after 2-3 good seasons but understandbly he didn't want to leave with them still in europa and seriously going for La Liga.

If Newcastle are moving onto other targets, would he not fit the bill? Experienced CB who wants to get more game time for Brazil or perhaps wants a different challenge now.

Unless he just used Newcastle interest to get a longer contract at Sevilla.

10 hours ago, hippo said:

Yeah that Eddie howe has some pulling power - all the players want to play for him.

Shame he doesn't have a presence when he walks in the room.

No, but he has a huge chequebook.....which has "presence not required" stamped on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, useless said:

It's only one match I've seen, however added to the glowing reports from Rangers fans, I've now decided I'll he dissappointed if we don't get him.

LB and LCB covered in one player and potentially the long term successor to Tyrone?

Has all the physical attributes and seems to have a high ceiling.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

41 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's only one match I've seen, however added to the glowing reports from Rangers fans, I've now decided I'll he dissappointed if we don't get him.

LB and LCB covered in one player and potentially the long term successor to Tyrone?

Has all the physical attributes and seems to have a high ceiling.

I've not seen the guy play but I would have thought we stand a strong chance of getting him if we want him what with all our Rangers connections and being a good sized club to make a move to in the PL

1 minute ago, picicata said:

all our Rangers connections

Otherwise known as the guys who didn't consider him a starter! They may well have a good relationship with him, but it's safe to assume most management teams leave behind at least one disgruntled player. 

I also have to wonder whether he'd be keen to come here and be a backup after a breakthrough season.

16 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Otherwise known as the guys who didn't consider him a starter! They may well have a good relationship with him, but it's safe to assume most management teams leave behind at least one disgruntled player. 

I also have to wonder whether he'd be keen to come here and be a backup after a breakthrough season.

Was it Bronckhorst who started playing him as CB, after Gerrard had left him on the bench? In that case he could either make a point of not coming when Gerrard calls, or definitely make a point of coming to show him.

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Was it Bronckhorst who started playing him as CB, after Gerrard had left him on the bench? In that case he could either make a point of not coming when Gerrard calls, or definitely make a point of coming to show him.

Tbh I'm not really sure, just making a snap judgement based on appearance numbers. I have very little interest in Rangers outside of being intrigued by the (imo) unusual club culture.

13 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Tbh I'm not really sure, just making a snap judgement based on appearance numbers. I have very little interest in Rangers outside of being intrigued by the (imo) unusual club culture.

Same here really, but I found this:

Bassey found game time hard to come by working under Steven Gerrard, but since his departure the Nigerian has played every game under the leadership of van Bronckhorst.”

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19761943.rangers-ace-calvin-bassey-hails-amazing-giovanni-van-bronckhorst-details-new-level-intensity/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, useless said:

Not inside knowledge but I do know that Bassey wants to look after his Mom who is still in London. During COVID he found it difficult, I think a move closer to home would be ideal for him.

Rangers want a lot of money though as they really rate him.

From what I've seen he shows promise, a little rough around the edges. Bassey surely wouldn't expect to walk into any PL team right now...?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

Even the Gerrard factor doesnt come into

Is there really a factor at all now? This is a question rather than a statement. Surely any prospective player will look at playing style, chances of success with club etc..

*Edit* Clearly wages will be a factor too, but I'm guessing we'll pay whatever it takes, which does seem an Everton-esque concern

Edited by AvonVillain

4 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Is there really a factor at all now? This is a question rather than a statement. Surely any prospective player will look at playing style, chances of success with club etc..

*Edit* Clearly wages will be a factor too, but I'm guessing we'll pay whatever it takes, which does seem an Everton-esque concern

I agree but we were told that was the benefit of the appointment more than most other reasons. 

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Gerrard I would imagine is a well connected guy - so anyone he is worked with before or otherwise it connected. 

But I don't think Stevie G would be brazen enough to recruit a load of his old mates  - or Liverpool cast offs.

We are attractive as a club though - they picked us out on MOTD as a club most likely to improve next season. Personally I think it's more down to the financial clout we have than our celebrity manager.