Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, jacketspuds said:

Looks like the Luis Suarez rumours are picking up a bit. Other than helping out the likes of Archer and Barry, I'm really not sure if signing him is going to have the desired impact on the pitch.

I think he would be a decent impact sub for final 20-15 mins of a match. 

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Looks like the Luis Suarez rumours are picking up a bit. Other than helping out the likes of Archer and Barry, I'm really not sure if signing him is going to have the desired impact on the pitch.

I think it’d be a smart signing.  

He’s not his best anymore, he has some incidents in his past that aren’t acceptable but if I just look at the player now he’s technically still our best striker, fits the system the best and has something very few in our squad has which a bit of nastiness that every top team has.  

One of those players that will always concern opposition defenders when they see his name on the team sheet or coming on the pitch, which will give other players space.  

He’s not the player he was at the very elite level but at our level would still be one of our best players.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jacketspuds said:

Would have been more useful than Ings in the past few games. But then again, Archer probably would have been too so.... 

Given we'll potentially be playing the likes of Luton or Huddersfield next season, as well as a lot of mid-table teams, Suarez will certainly be nicking us goals against that level. And what with the 5 sub rule it would make a lot of sense.

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

cornet has a 17.5m relegation release clause apparently. i'd be keen but sure he'll have plenty of interested parties

Doesn't he mainly play wide and we dont play width 

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

cornet has a 17.5m relegation release clause apparently. i'd be keen but sure he'll have plenty of interested parties

Would be a decent option to have, weirdly I never rated him when he was playing in the French league but he's been quite decent for Burnley

I don't see Suarez signing unless they pull their MLS team in to it somehow, would give us an out on him if he no good

But will that team even make the feb 2023 new season start date? And with the world cup is it even worth it? He'd do well to play 10 games for us

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We wont be paying him impact sub wages

Apparently he was on £525k a week at Atletico? At least they got a title out of him, I'd imagine we won't pay him more than £115k? I have confidence in our negotiations these days, the Coutinho deal has shown that we are decent are bartering.

15 hours ago, est1874 said:

I say this with some hesitation but.......

Richarlison??

We are over crowded with players of his position, he will go for a large fee and will want to go to a champions league club.

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We wont be paying him impact sub wages

I couldn't care less what wages he's on.  If he comes on and scores or sets up a winner, then his wages are irrelevant.

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I don't see Suarez signing unless they pull their MLS team in to it somehow, would give us an out on him if he no good

But will that team even make the feb 2023 new season start date? And with the world cup is it even worth it? He'd do well to play 10 games for us

Kind of like the Lampard deal with Man City? Not the worst idea for their MLS club to buy him and pay him what he wants then loan him to us.

• Like 1

We are apparently leading the race for Suarez (surprise surprise) Sevilla and Inter are also interested as well as MLS clubs. I guess for Suarez he has to ask himself if he wants one last crack at playing in a competitive league probably not starting that much or does he want to start most games in the MLS/Saudi League, I'd imagine he'd get more in the MLS/Saudi than anywhere else.

I'd happily have Suarez on a free on a one year contract on reasonable wages. It means we can raise funds by selling one of Ings and Watkins and know we still have a quality option off the bench and in cup games. He would know his minutes would be limited. 
He is a character and a name. A player the young lads would look up to and further increase our exposure. 

Like I say, the numbers need to make sense, but I can't see that many negative here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Kind of like the Lampard deal with Man City? Not the worst idea for their MLS club to buy him and pay him what he wants then loan him to us.

Yeah exactly, we both get the commercial boost, we keep his fitness ticking over while they're not playing, they pay his wages

The problem would be if he's a huge success they'll still want him back in Feb to launch their first season 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

The scariest thing about Suarez is it'll have to be two up front. That means no Buendia and loads of Coutinho.

This is the end of Gerrard's fledgling managerial career if he blows this summer wasting money. He'll never get a higher profile, as well paid and well backed job as Villa.

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Two year deal and sell him to Vegas Villains next summer for a minimal, yet still inflated fee

Other way round, they buy him and loan him to us for a year

• Like 1

FWIW I will be absolutely disgusted if Suarez joins Villa. Great player in his day but an absolute word removed who should have been kicked out of the game for his biting incidents

Would be a low point as the guy is pure scum 

• Like 4