Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Would anyone take Lucas Moura (thinking of adding to our Brazilian contingent)?  I know he's a bit "all or nothing", but he can be a match winner, can run with the ball and Spurs seem to use him so sporadically..

Just thinking if he wouldn't mind not playing in Europe, and liked the PL, we could be a good option for him?  He'd get more game time I imagine.

And a right field and mega unlikely stab, but Timo Werner?  I think he'll have a better season next year, but the pressure of coming to Chelsea to be "the man" seems to have been too much.. But he's got a bit of quality and his work rate is really good too.  A good runner for our more technically gifted players like Phil/Emi B.

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

An expensive problem too. 

As much as I’m not keen on selling Watkins to West Ham, if the club genuinely think they can find someone more clinical, who wants to join, do the deal. 

We need to be brave. Liverpool sold Suarez and Coutinho in their prime and look at them now…

I don’t like the word overhaul too much, but we need to really try and push this Summer and realise that we’re not getting to where we want to be with this group of players - as much as some of us like them. 

I want to see at least a new CB, CMx2 in the side next season. I agree that in order to really kick on you need to add a striker into the mix too.

Abraham was the answer last summer.

I can't come up with a good deal for a striker this year.

Just now, lapal_fan said:

Would anyone take Lucas Moura (thinking of adding to our Brazilian contingent)?  I know he's a bit "all or nothing", but he can be a match winner, can run with the ball and Spurs seem to use him so sporadically..

Just thinking if he wouldn't mind not playing in Europe, and liked the PL, we could be a good option for him?  He'd get more game time I imagine.

And a right field and mega unlikely stab, but Timo Werner?  I think he'll have a better season next year, but the pressure of coming to Chelsea to be "the man" seems to have been too much.. But he's got a bit of quality and his work rate is really good too.  A good runner for our more technically gifted players like Phil/Emi B.

If we had a need for him I would take him for a low fee and decent wages 100%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

NO!

Legs are gone, he isn't the same player as a couple of years ago.

Fair enough.
Haven't watch the Bundesliga, but he played a lot of games this year. 

2 minutes ago, Pez1974 said:

Fair enough.
Haven't watch the Bundesliga, but he played a lot of games this year. 

I have seen him play and he is nothing like what he was 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Just don't call him shirley.

My brother went up to her and said,  "if we got married you would be called Shirley Shirley"

Dickhead.

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yeah for absolute sure - won't play every game but like Ashley he's a superb pro to have on the field 

I mean he's anything but a superb pro. He's a proper knob head 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Abraham was the answer last summer.

I can't come up with a good deal for a striker this year.

Unless we can get someone who would be a big improvement on Watkins I’d be inclined to keep him and use Archer as backup. If Watkins knew he was going to get subbed off every match or dropped, might motivate him and keep him on his toes.

I definitely wouldn’t sell to West Ham if we are pushing for Europe, they are our direct rivals.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

j'Wouldn't be surprised with his recent form. Would have to be big bucks.'

'Bassey linked with Villa: Bearpit forum'

Most of the comments very reminiscent of when we were first linked to Gerrard.

Amazing how they think we couldn't afford him.

Also I think most players would jump at the chance to play PL if they are based in a poor league, CL is probably not even a factor. The player would triple their wages for a start...

40 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Unless we can get someone who would be a big improvement on Watkins I’d be inclined to keep him and use Archer as backup. If Watkins knew he was going to get subbed off every match or dropped, might motivate him and keep him on his toes.

I definitely wouldn’t sell to West Ham if we are pushing for Europe, they are our direct rivals.

I’d sell him for 50 I think it’s worth rolling the dice at that price 

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Where does this team finish…

—————————Watkins—————————
——————Coutinho—Buendia——————
———Ramsey—Phillips—Bissouma———
Digne———Mings———Gomez———Cash
—————————Martinez—————————

?

Top 4 with Suarez up top
Top 2 with Cavani 

Edited by messi11