Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

21 hours ago, duke313 said:

I think it's clear now we need a striker who can finish.  Watkins wasn't bad, Ings didn't have a good game (missed two sitters then scored the harder chance that was offside).  We created enough chances to score 2 or 3 goals last night.  No point in having Coutinho or Buendia creating loads of chances if we have no one to put them away. Would Archer have put those chances away?  If not we need to spend on a striker. 

Can’t guarantee goals. Lukaku cost £100m and has been missing chances all season.

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I just hope if we sign a centre back, they have some stature, like Van Dijk & Matip.

Yes please, we are crying out for a ball playing CB, it would transform us as we look so slow and stodgy playing out from the back. Mings is a fulcrum back there, that’s how we play, he seems so slow and limited with his ball playing, and Konsa looks terrified in possession (even before he turned into a pub player).

11 hours ago, Xela said:

30 and declining - just the type of player Gerrard likes ;)

Oh god I hope not. His attitude is terrible. Will never forget his interview last season when asked about the teams previous match and he couldn’t even remember who they played against! 

3 hours ago, thunderball said:

Yes please, we are crying out for a ball playing CB, it would transform us as we look so slow and stodgy playing out from the back. Mings is a fulcrum back there, that’s how we play, he seems so slow and limited with his ball playing, and Konsa looks terrified in possession (even before he turned into a pub player).

I was as much taken by their aerial prowess as their ground work......they just pump long balls back in to midfield nonchalantly.....and feed the next sortie.

They then mosey on down for setpieces and cause havoc.....again in the air.

such a threat.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would we sell Watkins if we could get say, Jonathan David in?

He would be a good signing.  I seen someone on Twitter mention Watkins might possibly have a sell on fee with Brentford, if that's true would need to be a big offer or no point selling.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would we sell Watkins if we could get say, Jonathan David in?

Is he that much of an upgrade?

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Is he that much of an upgrade?

If FIFA is to believed 👀 , he's rated the same as Ollie but is 21 I think? And ceiling is a bit higher.

On a serious note though I think he's probably a better all round footballer, whether that would translate to being as effective as Ollie is another thing altogether.

In honesty, I just put the name out there as an example hoping to get suggestions.

Firminho?

52 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

This summer, I'd like;

The new Martin Laursen/Olof Mellberg

The new Gareth Barry (CDM version)

Jarrod Bowen from Hull for £18m

Somethin like that, y'know.

I reckon we could get the Bowen before he started scoring goals for Hull, for about £3.5mil.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Xela said:

30 and declining - just the type of player Gerrard likes ;)

I know you’re just messing around, but god no.

We already have 2 10’s that are way better than this guy.

29 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If FIFA is to believed 👀 , he's rated the same as Ollie but is 21 I think? And ceiling is a bit higher.

On a serious note though I think he's probably a better all round footballer, whether that would translate to being as effective as Ollie is another thing altogether.

In honesty, I just put the name out there as an example hoping to get suggestions.

Firminho?

He has potential to be but he took time settling at Lille 

Has only one club goal in 2022

for me:

• new DC (Caleta-Car, ?, etc)
  • new DM (6) (Phillips, Kondogbia, etc)
  • new MC (8) (Bissouma, Gallagher, etc)
  • new ST (who knows.....but i think we are lacking true pace and power up front)

image.png.35ab50a416d349e8281f9f67e6d72da8.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 3