Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

But you would sell both Konsa and Mings?

If I could find two suitable players yes.

it may seem crazy to go with both new at the same time but Mings is a liability with his mistakes and is fast getting to an age where his value drops and Konsa can’t pass out from the back, has been in terrible form all year and requires someone to tell him what to do.

if I could only sell one it would be Mings as I know who I want as his replacement and the age factor. I would hope that Konsa’s value doesn’t drop further and I would know Chambers can take his place.

If we can find 2 CBs that are of a similar quality to what we have BUT can actually pass a ball and speed our play up, we'd be a much better side. 

I lost count the amount times they passed back, slowed the game down or between them and Martinez, didn't have a clue what they were doing when we had possession. We are so slow at getting out once we have the ball with either of them 3, it is so annoying to watch. 

5 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Even with his mistakes Mings is one of the only proper leaders we've got at the club. I'd keep him.

Well they both made mistakes for the goals tonight

Cannot see two CB’s being signed and one will be replaced this summer in the 1st XI - I guess it depends whose available and at what price - be it a left/right footer. 

45 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Even with his mistakes Mings is one of the only proper leaders we've got at the club. I'd keep him.

He's not a great captain I dont think. I said in another thread he dont understand the game well enough like a true captain should. It'd be McGinn for me, if he can keep his form up.

Martinez / New?

Cash / Youth?

Mings / New?

New / Konsa

Digne / Youth?

New / Nakamba

Luiz / McGinn

Buendia / Sanson

Coutinho / Ramsey

Watkins / Ings

New / Archer

I would have those on the left as my starting 11, making a minimum of 3 New first team signings my minimum (4 including Coutinho).

I expect we may see Luiz and Sanson sold though,  so probably expecting another mandatory signing, and probably a few squad fillers. This is going to be a busy summer.

New right footed CB next to Mings and a proper CDM in there and I think we would look alright. I have absolutely no idea who the centre back is we'd go for though. See if the premier league millions can tempt Milan Skriniar from Inter, would be the (wholly unrealistic) dream!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

@paul514 has been trying to sell Mings all season. lol

Certainly have, nothing has changed in that time period to make me change my mind.

I want Sven botman as his replacement 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wict01 said:

New right footed CB next to Mings and a proper CDM in there and I think we would look alright. I have absolutely no idea who the centre back is we'd go for though. See if the premier league millions can tempt Milan Skriniar from Inter, would be the (wholly unrealistic) dream!

Too much of a dream we have to shop in the tier below people like that 

I think it's clear now we need a striker who can finish.  Watkins wasn't bad, Ings didn't have a good game (missed two sitters then scored the harder chance that was offside).  We created enough chances to score 2 or 3 goals last night.  No point in having Coutinho or Buendia creating loads of chances if we have no one to put them away. Would Archer have put those chances away?  If not we need to spend on a striker. 

• Like 1

Someone said on here Archer is back from his loan. If true he should be given decent minutes by Gerrard in the remaining games to see what he can do.

Watkins works hard on the press as does Ings but both are simply not clinical enough in front of goal to get Villa where they should be next season so no surprise on the links to Suarez if Gerrard is truly interested.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Someone said on here Archer is back from his loan. If true he should be given decent minutes by Gerrard in the remaining games to see what he can do.

Watkins works hard on the press as does Ings but both are simply not clinical enough in front of goal to get Villa where they should be next season so no surprise on the links to Suarez if Gerrard is truly interested.

Archer isn't allowed to play for us even though he's back from his loan.

• Like 2